The Huawei Ideos is below spec so won't run the game. It's specifically blocked from purchasing the game for this reason - can you let me know which country's Play store you bought the game from and when you did so so that we can contact Google to find out how this may have happened.
I've got a similar issue with my Motorola Xoom tablet, only it begins to download the data, but fails after about 23% downloaded, saying that there has been an error, would you like to try again?
Any help would be appreciated?
It sounds like you may either have a dodgy connection to the server or trouble writing to your device's storage - please make sure the tablet is unplugged from any computer, reboot it and try again. The reboot may fix things on its own - let me know!
It's odd, I've tried rebooting a couple of times, but no luck. It's certainly not connected to anything. I managed to getup to 70% downloaded earlier before the error message appeared. I wondered if it was to do with the low line speed around here, but obviously I manage to download many other things without a hitch?
When I look in the directory, there is an fmh_data folder and a file called retina.zip, which doesn't unzip, presumably because it hasn't completed downloading.
Once you have these two files on a computer (I'd recommend downloading it on one first and then using wireless to transfer them onto your device) follow these instructions please.
(1) Transfer the files into the 'fmh_data' directory
(2) Unzip the files into that directory recreating their own internal directory structure.
(3) This should leave you with a directory named 'data' inside the fmh_data directory this will contain a LOT of junk about the game. The directories inside 'data' that you should see include: config, database, fonts, formations, icons etc. (if you don't see these then something hasn't been unzipped).
(4) The final step is for you to create three files in the root of the fmh_data directory to tell the game that its already installed - these can be blank files (ie. nothing required inside them and they can simply be blank text files if thats easiest). The names for these three files are ‘.nomedia’ (the . is important, it’s a special file used as a marker but it also tells the OS not to scan this directory for images/music), ‘retina_installed.txt’ and ‘update1.txt’.
Last edited by Alari Naylor; 15-05-2012 at 15:40.
Reason: Need to use full manual download steps
Thanks. managed to download those fine, but I've got a new message now:
FMH 2012 unable to start
Common reasons for this are:
1) Previous instance is still active (wait 30 seconds & retry) - I've retried, I've even rebooted and it's not this.
2) Device is being used as a storage medium for a personal computer. - I do have lots of personal files on there, but you're supposed to?
3) Device has insufficient space to run or install game. - already established that there is plenty of space
The directory now looks like this:
fmh_data/data/data/new files (config etc).
Should it all be in one data folder within fmh_data?
Many thanks for your help with this - it is hugely appreciated.
OK, the problem there is that whatever you are using to unzip them is putting them within a folder named after the zip file. They need to be unzipped directly into fmh_data so everything is indeed within one data folder.