+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Aren't Cup Games Added to Players Career Stats?

Amateur

Default Why Aren't Cup Games Added to Players Career Stats?

as the title says, why not? been the same since FM 2005 I think, I like playing youngsters in the league cup but there's no point if it don't show up on career stats!

International Squad

It registers in their biography.

Amateur

Career stats needs a significant overhaul.

Amateur
    pleasing some of the people some of the time

I think it is there in the broken down competitions section at the bottom when you highlight a year (but not for pre-game years).

But agreed, it should really be ALL competition goals/assists shown in the career stats area.

Reserves

SI are following real life stats which tend to only show league apps/goals.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar2010 View Post
    SI are following real life stats which tend to only show league apps/goals.
    That's the (unfortunate) answer - this has come up many times before. Personally though, I'd much rather there was a drop-down list allowing me to choose to view career stats for "All Competitions", "League", "Cup Competitions", "Continental Competitions" and "Internationals". The problem with the "that's how real life stats work, it'd deviate from the stats in there at the start of the game" argument is that I'm more interested in how the player performs in the game than IRL. A player that scored 100 goals in 200 games IRL and 10 goals in 200 games in the game is obviously not high on my list of targets. Plus once there are only regens left, the argument is doubly moot.

It'd simply save you having to click on every year to see the information, instead collating it in a simple overview.

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect anything to change, as being able to see all career stats has been requested loads of times, and nothing has changed

Part-Timer

League stats are GENERALLY more important.

It's no good if a regen banged in six goals against Nobody Athletic in the FA Cup if he can't score against Arsenal, United, City and their ilk. One goal in the EPL could be worth a dozen in a cup.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sjm View Post
    That's the (unfortunate) answer - this has come up many times before. Personally though, I'd much rather there was a drop-down list allowing me to choose to view career stats for "All Competitions", "League", "Cup Competitions", "Continental Competitions" and "Internationals". The problem with the "that's how real life stats work, it'd deviate from the stats in there at the start of the game" argument is that I'm more interested in how the player performs in the game than IRL. A player that scored 100 goals in 200 games IRL and 10 goals in 200 games in the game is obviously not high on my list of targets. Plus once there are only regens left, the argument is doubly moot.

It'd simply save you having to click on every year to see the information, instead collating it in a simple overview.

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect anything to change, as being able to see all career stats has been requested loads of times, and nothing has changed
    Yes but they could do it like wikipedia for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_...eer_statistics

Yes the league is more important but so is the Champions League, also, if you are buying a young player and want to judge him by average rating or goals, he probably would have played more games in the cups than the league!

+ Reply to Thread