Would really love to see cup celebrations

The aim of the game is to score goals. Win trophies.

Both need a real upping in terms of how they are portrayed in the game.

Would love to see my team lift the trophy at the end of season.

At the moment they do have a bit of confetti and players storm the pitch. The real goal is to win trophies. So it should be in the game.

they really should work on the whole match experience in later versions of FM. matches to get repetitive over time in FM

surely chants can't be that hard to implement, even if they have to make some generic ones for obscure teams. at least give us the option so that we can add it in ourselves

always thought having the champions league anthem before CL matches would be a nice touch

To be fair guys, this is something which is almost hard to think they are not going to put in the following games. It is clearly going to be implemented in FM 13 i would be shocked if i were to see otherwise. The whole anthem before CL games is a good idea which should be included and expanded on in all of this , better match build up, audio, visuals, immersion.

As has been mentioned, there are limited celebrations at the end of cup finals but they are far too brief and there are no animations for being presented with a trophy. There are no celebrations when a minnow knocks out a giant in a cup match either.

As for league games, there are no celebrations at all wether you clinch the league title or avoid relegation on the last day. No celebrations when fierce rivals meet - none when Everton beat Liverpool, none when City beat United, none when Scotland beat England etc. These are big rivalries and their importance, even if just a mid-table league game or international freindly, should be recognised by the game as such and appropriate animations should ensue.

Yes these are just cosmetic things and SI have more pressing matters to fix, but come on! Football is an emotional and passionate sport - there really should be a significant overhaul of SI's "Emotion Engine". This emotion engine is what Miles Jacobson was hyping last year on the glossy SI ads. What did we get? A few extra animations when a player scores... :confused:. Really, end of match events need a massive boost.

(we could also do with ball boys too - but thats another matter :p)

I think the one key thing that needs to be raised here the most if SI were to impliment these ideas is "Variety". We wouldn't always want to just see fans storm the pitch. Maybe just have fans storm the pitch when a team pulls of a miracle, much like Manchester City the other day. Fans storming a pitch because Manchester United win the League Cup would be pretty silly.

Yes, celebratory animations should be scaled dependent on the significance of the occassion, otherwise it'd get boring fast. Even normal goal celebrations need looking at, I've lost count of how many times I've seen players celebrate a goal in a meaningless midweek reserve game attended by 12 people as if it was the winner in the World Cup final ! :lol:

Yes, celebratory animations should be scaled dependent on the significance of the occassion, otherwise it'd get boring fast. Even normal goal celebrations need looking at, I've lost count of how many times I've seen players celebrate a goal in a meaningless midweek reserve game attended by 12 people as if it was the winner in the World Cup final ! :lol:

Thats exactly what I mean :D I'm glad you agree. The key is to not be 1 Dimensional like some features seem to be, not even 2 Dimensional, i'd like to see 3 Dimensional features! VARIETY! :D

I think the one key thing that needs to be raised here the most if SI were to impliment these ideas is "Variety". We wouldn't always want to just see fans storm the pitch. Maybe just have fans storm the pitch when a team pulls of a miracle, much like Manchester City the other day. Fans storming a pitch because Manchester United win the League Cup would be pretty silly.

Why wpould it ? because in real life thats what man united are only got to look forward to now haha

They dont have the license for the CL so really cant see them getting the anthem in

They don't need to add the real CL music to the game, they could just implement one of the (very few) good features Fifa Manager has - that is the ability to associate an mp3/.wav music file to a club or competition and that file is then played as players enter the field of play. Its up to the user to upload whatever file he/she wants. We could have our team run out to a rendition of any music we want, as is the case in FifaM. No licences needed for SI ;)

Come on guys! It's called an imagination! ;)

We don't need these kind of gimmicks in the game, do we? :p

Yes!!! I think now they've put full match/highlights in the game,,,,,they need to put more celebrations,,,trophy being raised,etc......The days of imagination went when 3d gfx came in

Come on guys! It's called an imagination! ;)

We don't need these kind of gimmicks in the game, do we? :p

This! It's asking FM to spend time on fluff! Also, despite Bergerac's comments to the contrary, we do still have problems that need fixing, that have been around for YEARS and have not been addressed. Get these done first then talk about these gimmicks.

This! It's asking FM to spend time on fluff! Also, despite Bergerac's comments to the contrary, we do still have problems that need fixing, that have been around for YEARS and have not been addressed. Get these done first then talk about these gimmicks.
Or you demand that SI fix the bugs and add (fun) gimmicks.

It's not "fluff".

The whole point and goal of the game is to be a manager, win games, leagues, cups and finals.

Without it it's

"Board are delighted with your 7-0 thrashing of Manchester United in the Champions League Final but ask you to keep celebrations to the minimum and concentrate on the future of the club."

Start new season.

It completely detracts from the whole point of the game, WINNING. And when you win, you celebrate.

Getting the little guys to follow a path up a platform, raising the trophy would add a sense of achievement that goes beyond placid messages from the board and fans.

A pitch invasion.

Camera crews.

Your players walking the steps at Wembley.

Raising the World Cup.

I'd like to see my players celebrating at the end of completeing the goal of the game. Winning a cup/league etc.

Agreed. Even though my Triestina side dominated everything, I still get satisfaction winning trophies, especially when the circumstances are weird.

For example, a few years (game years) ago, I won the Italian Cup Final on penalties after the score was at 7-7 (yes, 7-7 after extra time). The team I fielded was mostly my youngsters and squad players, the first-team having played the Champions League Final so it was only right that the rest of the squad had some fun.

My then-17-year-old right-back was making his first start for the team. He had... A mixed game. He was skinned twice leading to goals, dropping his rating to 4.0. He then assisted a goal to equalise the game at 4-4 in the 90th minute. He then got the next 2 assists to make it 6-4. Later-on he made a stupid mistake to make it 6-6. They then scored in the 119th minute, but he then scored his first senior goal to make it 7-7 in the dying seconds. :D He scored the winning penalty, too.

After that I was pretty much exhausted. My hands were pretty much sweating because I was watching extra-time with the speed turned-down (the only time I've ever played the game at a speed other than the maximum speed) and was trying to get the tactics spot-on with a youthful back-four that simply couldn't be trusted defensively against the opposition (who finished 3rd in the league). I had no intention of losing a game 6-7 - that would be horrible. 7-7 and winning on penalties would have finished with a standing ovation from both sets of fans - it was an outstanding game in terms of attacking football. To win after such a result would have driven my players berserk (especially the youngsters, who haven't been at the club that long) and would have sent the opposition into tears. Virtual me wanted to dogpile my team in celebration (with that 17-year-old right-back on the bottom).

But in FM, the players just trudged off. Boring. Boo. Hiss.

That 17-year-old is now a 25-year-old vice-captain of my team (made the youngest vice-captain in my history, at 23), and is a steamroller against wingers. Like Phil Jones but a monstrous version. But if he were a real person, I think he will tell his children that that 7-7 result made his career - tons of mistakes to learn from, but scoring 1 and assisting 3, two of those goals at the death.

But in FM, the players just trudged off. Boring. Boo. Hiss.

This no longer happens, FM12 has post final whistle celebrations in cup competitions, it is a short sequence but I'm happy with how it currently works as I'd get annoyed if I was made to watch a 5 minute cut scene depicting a lap of honour & collection of a trophy after every cup win.

I see no reason why it cannot be extended to league games where it is known that a specific result for your team will guarantee the title.

@Eugene...this is one of those times when you should use your imagination. Whatever you can picture in your mind will be better than any offering SI can add to FM.

This no longer happens, FM12 has post final whistle celebrations in cup competitions, it is a short sequence but I'm happy with how it currently works as I'd get annoyed if I was made to watch a 5 minute cut scene depicting a lap of honour & collection of a trophy after every cup win.
Simple - add a "Skip" button somewhere.

See my reply to Eugene, sometimes it is better for people to use their imagination.
Why use your imagination when the game can make it a (virtual) reality?

Adding more meaningful celebrations adds to the immersion of a user into the game, and gives them personality. That makes it a superior gaming experience.

I'm with Barside on this. Imagination is always better than gimmicks like 3D celebrations. :thup:

Maybe it's because I'm an older player used to using my imagination to fill in the gaps!

For example, my imaginary press conferences are way more interesting than those in the game, and using my imagination to think about what a goal looked like in 3D is way better than that shown by the 3D graphics (I'm a 2D Classic player)!

Stuff like this will always be gimmicky to me and I'm not a fan. Actual game play is always more important than guff like this! :p

And whenever I have played football games like Pro Evo, as soon as I win the cup and get the celebration screen, I immediately turn it off anyway! Once you've seen it once, it becomes so boring! I'd much rather play the next game, win the next trophy and so on and so forth! :)

Might as well not play the game at all and just imagine I play it and imagine I win some trophies and lose some trophies.

The whole point of the game is to score goals, win matches, win trophies.

When those things are not represented visually accurate in the game it brings a sense of tediousness to the whole process.

There was uproar for better goal celebrations, remember that one?

Might as well not play the game at all and just imagine I play it and imagine I win some trophies and lose some trophies.

The whole point of the game is to score goals, win matches, win trophies.

When those things are not represented visually accurate in the game it brings a sense of tediousness to the whole process.

There was uproar for better goal celebrations, remember that one?

iirc the call was for greater variation in goal celebrations which we still do not have.

+1 for the use of sarcasm & proving that it can work on a message board, KUTGW!!

Would really love to see cup celebrations , ie- when a team wins a trophy we see them lift the cup and run around the pitch , in the 3d game mode , just think it will look good ...:)

I like this idea. I find it to quite stupid when the club wins a trophy and the players just head towards the tunnel after the final whistle.

As for proving sarcasm, my reply was sarcasm to your sarcastic reply - bazinga.

There is a bit of a variety in celebrations. Would love to see more elaborate ones.

Given that we have the graphics of a commodore 64 here, I'm not expecting much.

Team wins - team follow motion path up podium. Captain lifts trophy. Rains confetti. Crowd Roars.

Crowd on pitch. Team pic with trophy.

As for proving sarcasm, my reply was sarcasm to your sarcastic reply - bazinga.

There is a bit of a variety in celebrations. Would love to see more elaborate ones.

Given that we have the graphics of a commodore 64 here, I'm not expecting much.

Team wins - team follow motion path up podium. Captain lifts trophy. Rains confetti. Crowd Roars.

Crowd on pitch. Team pic with trophy.

A few points here;

My post wasn't sarcastic :(

The graphics are way beyond the beloved C64

You're quick description of events might work......screen pans to the end where your fans are, with players celebrating in usual fashion then pans back to the centre where a podium has appeared & players quickly trot over for trophy to be handed over. Yep, think I can live with that.

Right then totally lost on the whole sarcasm thing - let's forget about that then

Exactly, doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Captain lifts trophy. Confetti. Players jumping about.

I don't think the game has great graphics, for a football game. It is like watching a game on Sega Mega Drive, or C64. Very primitive graphics. But I understand the reasons behind this. And I support it. I don't think the game needs wonderful ingame graphics.

It just needs to encapture the spirit of the game in the visuals it chooses to show. And with the whole point of football is to win trophies, it's not a far ask to actually show a team lift a trophy at the end of a long arduous season.

Eugene :thup:

We can imagine the ball hitting the back of the net and imagine seeing the net bulge. But I'd prefer to see it.

And for those who want to leave celebrations to their own imagination, SI could just add an option in preferences: Celebrations On/Off. :)

What's with the "keep celebrations to a minimum" anyway? I don't want to keep celebrations to a minimum. I want to punch the air and state that I rule.

Having a stick man holding up a cup would enhance this.

Doesn't have to be a five minute video, just a thirty seconds animation.

I am not against showing celebrations, I simply think in the list of problems requiring attention from FM, celebrations are not a high priority (for me, I hasten to add!).

Archived