FM 2013 on PSVita?

Hello everyone,

I want to know if there are any plans from SI to make the game for the PSVita? What with it's graphics capabilities I think it could have a 3D match engine etc? Does anybody know if this will happen? I would love this as I always buy the new FM handheld but find it very dated and old looking now.

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

I really believe that there needs to be a complete overhaul for fm13. The game is simply not good enough to keep people coming back to the series on psp/vita platform. Surely with the ps vita capabilities you could make the game more like the PC version which is awesome?! I for one would love a handheld version with more depth and perhaps a 3D match engine etc. Are there any plans for a ps vita version anytime in the future??

Yes but with the Ps vita capabilities it could be viable. I am not the only person on here wanting a better version of the handheld game, and I do have both the pc and handheld version. I simply want to know of SI are planning a new more in depth version of the handheld game now the ps vita is available? I think they will sell bucket loads!

• SI Staff
Yes but with the Ps vita capabilities it could be viable. I am not the only person on here wanting a better version of the handheld game, and I do have both the pc and handheld version. I simply want to know of SI are planning a new more in depth version of the handheld game now the ps vita is available? I think they will sell bucket loads!

Unfortunately there are no plans presently to do a Vita specific version of FMH at present, sorry.

"Yes but with the Ps vita capabilities it could be viable."

A handheld game that you have to spent 3 hours on to make any real progress doesn't seem viable to me when on the bus or whatever.

"I am not the only person on here wanting a better version of the handheld game,"

That implies the Handheld game is bad - which it isn't, just you expect it to be more like the PC when I know Marc and others believe this isn't the right way to go and I agree with him. We all want further depth but there has to be a limit else it will become too slow and lose people as it won't be "handheld" anymore.

My only complain is the amount of playable leagues and players you can have - and with vita that can be solved, everything else is spot on for a handheld game as Dec said.

Indeed. There doesn't have be a full fat version but an enhanced version of the FMH using the better capabilities of the Vita. The match engine, 2d pitch and database size can be improved quite easily.

It is interesting that the Official Playstation Magazine has Football Manager as one of the Inevitables as coming to the Vita.

• SI Staff
It is interesting that the Official Playstation Magazine has Football Manager as one of the Inevitables as coming to the Vita.

Its flattering that they might indicate that - but our stance is what we have stated I'm afraid.

I believe they may review it after a year or so. Obviously a studio the size of SI's and the Handheld development team don't want to commit to a project that hasn't got a reliable enough set of data.

Just to put into context though - Marc has said the same over iOS and Android in the past and they have been created, but he also has over other devices such as DS and PS3.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply. How do i go about downloading the 2012 version, as it does not appear to be available via the Vita store.

A workaround was found in this thread - can't guarantee it still works as I'm unable to try it at the minute!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302207-fm12-vita-playable?p=8077419

Effectively it was buy FMH on the PS3 Store, then go to your recent downloads on the Vita, and it would appear.

• 4 months later...

Archived