Selecting Feeder Clubs who don't reject your approach?

I have had problems trying to find a new feeder club. My board allow me to select one and for more than two years every club I've approached has rejected me. Is there some sort of criteria I should look for before selecting? Every club I have chosen is considerably smaller than mine and doesn't currently have a parent club. Am I missing something? It's really annoying me as I need somewhere to send Non-EU players to ASAP but my board can't strike deals.

I never use this feature as it doesn't seem to work that well. Just leave it to the board to pick their own clubs.

Would leave it to them if I could as I'm not too fussed about which club I get. Problem is they always suggest crappy non-league domestic clubs when I need a foreign feeder club from somewhere like Belgium, Poland or the Ukraine.

Would leave it to them if I could as I'm not too fussed about which club I get. Problem is they always suggest crappy non-league domestic clubs when I need a foreign feeder club from somewhere like Belgium, Poland or the Ukraine.

If you are trusted enough to select your own club, you should also be able to select what type of feeder club you want when you ask for it. They should only suggest domestic teams if you ask them for a team to send players on loan too.

If you are trusted enough to select your own club, you should also be able to select what type of feeder club you want when you ask for it. They should only suggest domestic teams if you ask them for a team to send players on loan too.

That's what I want though. Don't need it for anything other than loaning out youngsters and investment purchases. If I ask for a feeder club for something completely different will I still be able to loan players to them?

If you want somewhere so non-eu players can get a 2nd nationality after x amount of years, and play without a work permit, you need to ask for a work permit feeder club.

It's not for work permits. I am playing in the Dutch league. Dutch second tier clubs are not allowed to loan Non-EU players. I have a Serie B feeder and they aren't allowed to loan Non-EU players from abroad. Also have a Danish Super League feeder club and they have WPs so are not allowed to loan young Non-EU players. Then I have a Portuguese second division club who are not good enough to loan another over 18 years old to and a Romanian club who are OK but not good enough to loan my elite youngsters to. I want someone better in a league with no nationality rules (or minimal rules like Ukraine) so I can loan my top youths to a club who play at a decent level. I'm in the CL and current champions and have recently won a European trophy so my reputation shouldn't be a problem either.

Did you check to see if the clubs you wanted as feeders already had a parent club?

Have you tried making friends with the manager of the club you want as a feeder before asking your board?

I checked beforehand and none of them had parent clubs. Also asked clubs that are significantly smaller than myself. I'm Feyenoord in 2022 and we are ranked around 30th in Europe in reputation and the Dutch league is ranked the best apart from the current top 6 (big 4 + Russia & France). Applied to the likes of Jagiellonia Bialystok, Le Havre, Karpats Lvov and a small Belgian club (forgot which one now). All are way smaller than my club.

Haven't tried making friends with managers. Does that make it more likely that I could get their club as a feeder? Have never had to interact with managers of these sized clubs before due to them not playing in Europe.

I checked beforehand and none of them had parent clubs. Also asked clubs that are significantly smaller than myself. I'm Feyenoord in 2022 and we are ranked around 30th in Europe in reputation and the Dutch league is ranked the best apart from the current top 6 (big 4 + Russia & France). Applied to the likes of Jagiellonia Bialystok, Le Havre, Karpats Lvov and a small Belgian club (forgot which one now). All are way smaller than my club.

Haven't tried making friends with managers. Does that make it more likely that I could get their club as a feeder? Have never had to interact with managers of these sized clubs before due to them not playing in Europe.

I don't know if it works in FM12, but in FM10 I failed several times to have my selection work so I tried making friends with the manager and a deal was made. I have done this twice since (still playing FM10) and both have worked.

It could just be coincidence of course, why not try it out, if it works there are plenty of people that would be pleased to hear it.

In my opinion it is much too difficult getting feeder clubs in FM12.

After all, most of the big clubs around the world have several, if not a dozen, feeder clubs of different types. However, taking Bradford to the top, I have only one club as a feeder; Morton in the Scottish first division. All attempts have failed since then. I requested a loan feeder club and they actually came up with a few alternatives, but they were all non-league teams, aka completely worthless to me since the club is now one of the best in the world. I need a club in The Championship or equivalent, but all attempts to form such links have failed.

So the question to SI is: why give me the option to request feeder clubs when it is obvious that the chance of actually forming a link is close to zero? Just grey the damn thing out until the board actually have real options. It would be even better to request a loan feeder club in specific leagues chosen from a list, and have the board return to me with options once they have found clubs who want to join up. If this takes years that is fine - just don't give us the hope of forming a useful link and then return with the stupid "couldn't form a link" message and then repeat that process indefinitely. In other words; if the board say you CAN form a link with a feeder club, you WILL form a link - but it may take time to do so in the requested leagues.

In my opinion it is much too difficult getting feeder clubs in FM12.

After all, most of the big clubs around the world have several, if not a dozen, feeder clubs of different types. However, taking Bradford to the top, I have only one club as a feeder; Morton in the Scottish first division. All attempts have failed since then. I requested a loan feeder club and they actually came up with a few alternatives, but they were all non-league teams, aka completely worthless to me since the club is now one of the best in the world. I need a club in The Championship or equivalent, but all attempts to form such links have failed.

So the question to SI is: why give me the option to request feeder clubs when it is obvious that the chance of actually forming a link is close to zero? Just grey the damn thing out until the board actually have real options. It would be even better to request a loan feeder club in specific leagues chosen from a list, and have the board return to me with options once they have found clubs who want to join up. If this takes years that is fine - just don't give us the hope of forming a useful link and then return with the stupid "couldn't form a link" message and then repeat that process indefinitely. In other words; if the board say you CAN form a link with a feeder club, you WILL form a link - but it may take time to do so in the requested leagues.

Agree with this 100%

You should be able to suggest a nation/region, size of club/level they play at and a purpose and then task the board with finding them. Randomly choosing one club and praying they accept your offer is just stupid, especially when it makes you wait for 6 six months before being allowed to ask again if your approach is rejected.

I find all useful feeder candidates are taken. Can a club have multiple parent clubs?

And yes, I'd love to have a "find me a feeder that plays at level X where I can send players to gain match experience"-option.

I find non-league feeders completely useless. But if I let the board pick, they'll end up suggesting only non-league clubs. I want a club playing in a similar / slightly lower reputation competition. But picking a feeder team is just tedious work the way it currently works.

Archived