Player improvement

I have a quite peculiar case here... I've had two players, bought at a relatively young age, 19-22, with at least 3.5 stars, and a potential level of 4.5.

So I'm quite happy with this, and I put them in their respective training category. Now I've created those categories, and have had great success with other players in them. All my coaches are 4.5 or 5 stars, and my training facilities are at 5 stars. But these two players have been dropping in quality, regularly. It's been so bad that they have dropped 0.5 - 1 star instead of gaining anything...

Now the funniest thing is that my coaches has always been bragging about how they were doing progress...

I've kept them for years, and they have had one or two bursts of decline every year, they have actually improved in the one category I've had as a individual focus, but mostly nothing else. I've kept them at 75% - 90% planned training rate...

have anyone experienced anything like this, and does anyone have a plausible explanation to this phenomenon?

Match experience? They need to play to reach their full potential.

If they had really good attributes when you bought them it isn't always the difference is very notable in attributes at least not the ones you can see.

The star system is more a comparsion as to how good the players are in comparsion to the rest of your team and the league you are playing, if your team is improving over all the players star rating will go down without the players getting worse.

How good are their mental attributes, especially determination seem to be a major factor on how they develop.

Okay, I forgot to mention matches, but they've been on my first team the entire time, they've started approximately 75% of the games I've played.

Yea, I've noticed how my entire team suddenly went from 4 stars til 3 stars, just because the level of the team was quite even, I first reacted to it, but when I noticed that most had actually improved, I figured it was supposed to work that way...

I'll have a look at mental attributes, and see if something is amiss there...

Did you sign any players in their positions with better stats? The stars are only a positional comparison based on your current squads positional rating if I've understood past threads correctly. So if you have signed a MC with 4 star CA and 5 star PA and he is your best MC he will lower the star rating of your other/lesser MC's because they are measured against his ability. I could be wrong but I've seen this mentioned here and on other forums. Their ability isn't dropping just their measured level of quality in comparison to other players on the squad. Only older players lose permanent ability as they age...

But these two players have been dropping in quality, regularly.

I thought this line would make it clear, it did not...

They have had a burst of drop in stats (red arrows) approximately two times a year, and it has been a drop in almost every skill...

The stars have declined in comparison with the others...

They have had a burst of drop in stats (red arrows) approximately two times a year, and it has been a drop in almost every skill...

Negative development in almost every attribute happens every now and then because of redistribution. It is probably not related to a drop in star-rating.

I'm not complaining about a sudden drop, they dropped every 6 months... When I bought them they averaged at 12/13 points, and with quite a bit of potential... When I sold them ,they had dropped to an average of 10/11-ish... That's a serious average drop, and there's really nothing obvious explaining how it happened... That's why I'm asking, if anyone's seen anything similar

Archived