+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sticking with the red side of the force

Amateur

Default Sticking with the red side of the force

Hi everyone! I've decided to start my own FM Career Update thread. As I'm not native English speaker and not best writer at all it won't be much text here and no background history. Rather screens and screens. :P However I'll try to improve my English by this thread. Pointing out errors will be welcomed here gratefully (not sure with this sentence). I hope you'll have fun watching this thread!

Leagues Loaded

England - Conference N/S
    Scotland - Third Division

Career goals

- to become best manager in history
    - score 147 goals in one season in top club
    - to lose World Cup final twice
    - reach at least second place in FIFA rankings with England
    - to have a lot of fun

My first club will be...

Chelmsford City FC

General
    Facilities
    Squad
    Manager profile

Amateur

History

Code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Season    Club                  League             Position    FA Cup      FA Trophy    Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12   Chelmsford City FC    Conference South   4th         2nd round   Runners-up   Lost in play-off final
    2012/13   Chelmsford City FC    Conference South   3rd         1st round   1st round    Lost in play-off semifinal
    2013/14   Chelmsford City FC    Conference South   1st         1st round   2nd round    Promotion!
    2014/15   Chelmsford City FC    Conference         15th        -           -            Sacked after 4 matches
    Season    Club                  League             Position    FA Cup      League Cup   FL Trophy   FA Trophy   Achievements
    2014/15   Darlington FC         Conference         13th(13th)   1st round   N/A          N/A         3rd round   Hired after gameweek 11
    2015/16   Darlington FC         Conference         3rd         3rd round   N/A          N/A         1st round   Promotion after play-offs!
    2016/17   Darlington FC         League Two         15th        1st round   1st round    N 1st round N/A         Signed by Crewe after 19 league fixtures
    Season    Club                  League             Position    FA Cup      League Cup   FL Trophy   Achievements
    2016/17   Crewe Alexandra       League Two         4th(17th)    -           -            -           Promotion via play-offs!
    2017/18   Crewe Alexandra       League One         16th        3rd round   1st round    North Final -
    2018/19   Crewe Alexandra       League One         23rd        2nd round   3rd round    N Quarters  Relegation... and sacked
    Season    Club                  League             Position    FA Cup      League Cup   FL Trophy   Achievements
    2019/20   Millwall FC           League One         17th        5th round   1st round    S 1st round -
    2020/21   Millwall FC           League One         5th         2nd round   2nd round    S 2nd round Lost in play-off semifinal
    2021/22   Millwall FC           League One         9th         1st round   1st round    S Quarters  Sacked after gameweek 34
    2022/23   Notts County FC       League One         2nd         1st round   3rd round    N 2nd round Promotion!
    2023/24   Notts County FC       Championship       19th        5th round   2nd round    -           -
    2024/25   Notts County FC       Championship       17th        -           2nd round    -           Signed by Cardiff after gameweek 23
    Season    Club                  League             Position    Europa League    FA Cup      League Cup   Achievements
    2025/26   Everton FC            Premier League     11th(17th)   -                Runner-up   -            Hired after gameweek 20
    2026/27   Everton FC            Premier League     -   x                x  x            -
    Last edited by nie jem frytek; 20-09-2012 at 23:28.

Amateur

Trophy Cabinet

Code:
    ------------------------------
    Chelmsford City FC
    2013/14 - Conference South
    Darlington FC
    2015/16 - Conference Play-offs
    Crewe Alexandra
    2016/17 - League Two Play-offs

Last edited by nie jem frytek; 29-05-2012 at 19:33.

Amateur

Only one free transfer. Nsaku was recomended to me by my scout and, as he has 5 stars potential, I decided to snap him.

Fair friendlies, bad start to the season and then some thrashing. Hope we'll keep the form through next games.

Good position to attack.

Amateur

We've made two further free transfers. Again it's my scout's job.

No draws at all. We're becoming uncompromising team. Two defeats in important matches, but fantastic display in FA Cup qualifying rounds. We've already eliminated team from higher league and advanced to main rounds of FA Cup!

Still good position, though rivals are performing even better. Will be tough challenge for promotion spots.

Amateur

Don't worry about grasp of the language. Best of luck and have fun!

First Team Regular

Aye, your English is better than my .... not-English.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Solid start mate.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    - to lose World Cup final twice
    Aiming high

Third Team

Good start,hope you can keep up that impressive form.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wearesporting View Post
    Don't worry about grasp of the language. Best of luck and have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Aye, your English is better than my .... not-English.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Solid start mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Good start,hope you can keep up that impressive form.
    Thanks for support!

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Aiming high
    It's something like an inside joke and I don't want to fulfill this goal actually. If I advance to the final I'll do my best to win it.

We've been eliminated from FA Cup by third tier Brentford, but advancing to the second round was our success. Terrible form in December unfortunately dropped us from top 5 in the league.

Still not time to panic, but after a half of the season we aren't in the position we want to be. We definetely need to perform better after that three loses in a row. Hope we can do it.

Amateur

My first big comeback. And we've been down to 10 men! Hope this is a good sign for the future.

What do you think about it? If they offer me a job should I accept it?

Last edited by nie jem frytek; 10-05-2012 at 17:59.

Amateur

Nothing came and I stayed in Chelmsford. In January and February we've been fantastic losing only one game and going up in the table. Strong run from us in FA Trophy too and we've been already in semifinals against Mansfield Town.

Amateur

We've advanced to the final of FA Trophy. And look what Yann Nsaku did in this semifinal!

Youth Intake

And two best players in there.

Reserves

The force is strong with these ones.

Amateur

Yes, but I'll rather be in better club without them, as it's not a one club career.

Well... end of the season wasn't good. We've lost two finals in a space of 5 days! What a shame. Maybe it was too much for us and we should have been concentrated on only one of them...

FA Trophy Final

Play-off Final

Squad

Top 5 Players

5. Sam Corcoran
    4. Yann Nsaku
    3. Adam Tann
    2. Damian Casalinuovo
    1. Ricky Modeste

Reserves

Bad luck in the playoff final.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Ahhhh such a shame .

Amateur

After dissapointing finish of the last season I've decided to rebuild the squad "a little". We'll see 10 new faces in Chelmsford for 2012/13 season. On the other hand 10 players left us. At last we have decent keeper and more depth in both defence and attack.

Squad

Not too much to talk about friendlies. Unexpectedly we lost to our own reserves with a brace from Femi Hutchings.

Amateur

Crazy result. Never had such game and I'm playing FM since 2007.

Amateur

Fantastic start of the season then injury crisis causing two further transfers, quit exit from FA Trophy and good end of the year. Well, perhaps I have to hire a new physio.

Amateur

Again we are losing form in the most important part of the season. Hope we can win promotion this time.

Further transfers and player we sold

Youth Intake

Fixtures and table

Amateur

This time we lost in play-off's semifinal. Not sure if I'm staying in Chelmsford for next year.

Fixtures

Table

Squad

Top 5 players

Not much of change compared to the last season.

5. David Rainford
    4. Yann Nsaku
    3. Ricky Modeste
    2. Adam Tann
    1. Damian Casalinuovo

Reserves

Darn, more playoff disappointment.

Amateur

I've stayed in Chelmsford. There wasn't any offers apart from Chelmsford's one.

Transfers

Squad at the start of the season

Fixtures

Table

Hopefully this time we can win this league. After half of the league fixtures we have exactly half of the points which were needed for 1st place in last two seasons. Our goal is another 41 in 21!

Third Team

Ahh, Jamil Adam. The non-league favourite!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Ahh, Jamil Adam. The non-league favourite!
    I hired a new scout and he recommended him immediately. As well as Richie Barroilhet.

I've made only one free transfer in January, a quite good backup for both side of the defence.

Youth intake was poor this year.

We're surely scoring a lot of goals this year...

...but we recently lost 1st place in the league.

Reserves

Jamil Adam <3 Definitely giving you a boost for most of the season so far.

Amateur

Would've been great news if not that I'm losing my best defender at the day of the most important match in my career, an away game versus Tonbridge. :/

Amateur

This match shows what Yann Nsaku means for us.

6 points behind the leader. Another play-offs?

Amateur

Promotion!!!

It sound unbelievable after being 6 points behind Tonbridge with only 6 matches to go, but Tonbridge had lost 5 last fixtures!

Last Fixtures

Table

Squad

Top 5 players
    At last new faces here.

5. James Gray
    4. Richie Barroilhet
    3. Jose Madureira
    2. Yann Nsaku
    1. Jamil Adam

Amateur

It came completely out of the blue and in fact Chelmsford City FC doesn't need new stadium. Not yet.

Reserves

Great work coming back and getting top.

Amateur

Great work coming back and getting top.
    Actually it was Tonbridge. They've continued to struggle and lost in play-off semifinals. I'm predicted to finish 20th next season, just above relegation places. Hovewer I believe we can do much better!

Amateur

Let's start the 2014/2015 season!

Transfers

Squad before first kick-off

Friendlies and first matches in Conference

Table after first 4 fixtures

But...

I got sacked. I have no idea why...

Amateur

Very, very harsh.

Part-Timer

That's a very harsh sacking, you were doing alright for your first season after promotion.

Hopefully you'll be able to find another job quickly.

Amateur

On 2nd October 2014 Darlington FC hired Allister Carter as their Manager! It was their third attempt to do so. It means that they really wanted me, but from the other hand it means it is really hot "hot seat".

Allister Carter's Profile and Overview

My second club is...

Darlington FC

General
    Facilities
    Squad
    League Table

Amateur

Long unbeaten run on the go!

8 points to promotion play-offs, 8 points to relegation zone. Everything can happen now.

Youth Intake

Craig Davison and Jonathan Walton

Last edited by nie jem frytek; 22-05-2012 at 18:19.

Amateur

We were on 13th place when I got the job and we finished season on 13th. At least higher than my previous team - Chelmsford City FC.

Fixtures

Nothing special to say.

Table

Squad

Top 5 players
    Nothing special at all.

5. Ashley Martin
    4. Kevin Kerr
    3. Paris Cowan-Hall
    2. Danny Green
    1. Darren Horn

Many players don't want to sign a new contract end, as we in debt, I don't see future in bright colors.

Part-Timer

Well done on the massive unbeaten run.

Good to see you finish above the team that didn't want you anymore. Show them what they're missing out on.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Razer82 View Post
    Well done on the massive unbeaten run.
    Thanks!

Board provide cash injection so I managed to keep most of Darlo's best players

Transfers

Friendlies

Some big games means some big gate receipts!

Squad

I can see quality in there!

and we are starting a season away from home against my previous team Chelmsford City FC.

Amateur

Serious fight for promotion!

Part-Timer

Nice to hand your old a team a first defeat in their new stadium.

Good luck for the rest of the season, fingers crossed you'll still be in the playoff places come the end of it.

Amateur

Nice to hand your old a team a first defeat in their new stadium.

Good luck for the rest of the season, fingers crossed you'll still be in the playoff places come the end of it.
    Yeah, I still can't believe they sacked me. I think that play-off spot is possible to achieve.

Youth Intake

Jordan Cowans

Fixtures

Rather poor run.

Compared to last fixtures we still have good position.

Youth Team

Just caught up to this. Good to see you in playoff contention. An improving form may still see you win the league yet!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Just caught up to this. Good to see you in playoff contention. An improving form may still see you win the league yet!
    It unlikely because Newport County played 4 matches less than us, so they have to do the Tonbridge from 2013/14 to let us win this league.

Amateur

Third time lucky!!!

Play-off final

Allister Carter wins promotion through play-offs at third attempt!

Fixtures

Table

Squad

Top 5 players

Horn will be out of contract soon and Darlington might (or may?) not be able to afford his demands.

5. Ashley Martin
    4. Ehsan Zamani
    3. Paris Cowan-Hall
    2. Franck Guela
    1. Darren Horn

We won promotion to League Two, but I could leave. Gillingham - recently relegated to League Two - are after me and they have better view on the future.

Reserves

Well done on going up again.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

agree with Jason The Yank's earlier post, your "not English" is much better than mine! Nice work in getting promotion, enjoy the challenges of the football league if you stay at Darlington!

Third Team

That was a poor sacking by the Chelmsford board but you've done incredibly well with Darlington and congratulations on winning promotion!

Part-Timer

That was a poor sacking by the Chelmsford board but you've done incredibly well with Darlington and congratulations on winning promotion!
    Says it all really.

Good to see you getting promoted & Chelmsford relegated.

Part-Timer

Your name is Allister Carter? You'll be fine unless a Mr. O'Sullivan turns up.

Youth Team

Great job on promotion! I'm also happy to see Chelmsford drop down as the first team I ever managed was Braintree years ago. Haven't liked Chelmsford since

Amateur

Well done on going up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    agree with Jason The Yank's earlier post, your "not English" is much better than mine! Nice work in getting promotion, enjoy the challenges of the football league if you stay at Darlington!
    Good to see you getting promoted & Chelmsford relegated.
    Great job on promotion! I'm also happy to see Chelmsford drop down as the first team I ever managed was Braintree years ago. Haven't liked Chelmsford since
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    Yes, my manager's name is Allister Carter. And I started in Chelmsford.

I rejected offer from Gillingham and decided to stay in Darlington.

Transfers

Friendlies

Big friendlies, big money, big defeats. We're on black at once!

and first fixture of the season. Another crazy result.

Amateur

Fixtures

Bad start of the season, quick quit in cups and some good unbeaten runs recently.

Table

8 places to play-offs, 8 places to relegation. We're predicted to finish season on 16th so it's as it should be.

Squad

Darren Horn is a hell of a footballer, Cowan-Hall amazes me again and big rotation on goal.

Hovewer...

Allister Carter is heading to Crewe!

Youth Team

Crewe is roughly the same position as you in the table. Is it just the case of an unpeforming squad?

Amateur

Crewe is roughly the same position as you in the table. Is it just the case of an unpeforming squad?
    They're simply a bigger club and I just felt it's time to move. Darlo has young squad, hope they won't waste it like Chelmsford did.

My third club is...

Crewe Alexandra

Club General
    Club Facilities
    Manager's Overview
    Manager's Profile

Part-Timer

Bit of a strange choice of new job, seeing as you're around the same position in the league at Darlington.

Hopefully you'll quickly go shooting up the table.

Reserves

Potentially good move.

Youth Team

I agree, a good move. The club is already established at this level and the move up should be easier.

Amateur

It was definitely good move! Crewe is no longer underachieving.

Fixtures

A slight false start, but from then Crewe is playing fantastic football.

Table

And Youth Intake with some nice prospects.

Jamie Wright
    Matthew Bennett

Third Team

Fantastic start to life at Crewe.Hope you can keep that form up and claim a playoff spot.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

Great start to life at Crewe and with Darlington considerably behind looks like you made the right choice in moving

Reserves

Looks like you have really got them playing well.

Amateur

Crewe earned promotion throught play-offs!

Fixtures

Table

Squad

Top 5 players

Big names, unfortunately some on loan...

5. Luke Varney
    4. Sead Hajrovic
    3. Kruno Ivancic
    2. Billy Sharp
    1. Kevin Gibson

Reserves

Hope you can survive the loanees.

Amateur

Friendlies

Transfers

I've decided to sign my old friend from Chelmsford! Hope that Adam can do it on this level.

My assistant unfortunately likes to overrate our players.

Fixtures

Not bad at all and again long unbeaten (this time only winning) streak.

Table

Safe mid-table finish is exactly what we want.

Youth Team

Adam is still rated highly for this league. Hope he's able to contribute.

Amateur

Fixtures

Terrible form...

Table

Only 9 points to relegation.

Youth Intake

Neil Parsons
    Mario Fitzsimmons

Semi Pro

Skimmed through this thread right now. Interesting choices of career moves so far, twice you've gone from a club to another club in roughly similar position, but with a bigger name and structure. Slowly climbing up the leagues, and you've already been through quite a few levels, keep it up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    keep it up.
    I promise I'll do.

Fixtures

Table

Squad

Young squad with good view on the future, however we need a striker. We can't loan Sharp forever.

Top 5 Players

Kevin Gibson is a beast. Amazing 31 assist in a season!

5. Tom Eaves
    4. Chris Jubb
    3. Billy Sharp
    2. Joseph Debayo
    1. Kevin Gibson

Youth Team

Are you able to buy Sharp outright? Possibly work out a loan deal with an end purchase price?

Amateur

His contract at Bolton just expired but he doesn't wants to talk with Crewe. And I actually cannot sign anyone for money, my only non-free transfer was Ehsan Zamani for Darlington. I can say that now I have acquired him for free to Crewe. He's not very good for that level but in Crewe there aren't many good central midfielders and we can actually afford his wage demands. And that's not the end; I also signed Darren Horn another player from Darlo. He was one goal short of becoming their league top scorer in history, but didn't want to sign new contract there.

Amateur

Transfers

Two CM loans and two free transfers from Darlington. We have a good striker at last, but still only average centre midfielders.

Friendlies

As usual, some friendlies for money, some for better morale.

Squad

Even younger than in previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    Neil Parson's looks brilliant.

Amateur

I'll rather let him go at the end of the season.

Amateur

It's a disaster!

Amateur

Still in relegation zone and poor youth intake.

Youth Team

That's one hell of a diffucult bottom of the table! You can still save yourself

Amateur

Second season syndrome?

Crap, we've got relegated...

Fixtures

Table

Squad

Top 5 players

5. Chris Hogg
    4. Joseph Debayo
    3. Jamil Adam
    2. Darren Horn
    1. Kevin Gibson

Amateur

Amateur

I wasn't waiting long for an offer.

My fourth club is...

Millwall FC

Carter's Overview
    Carter's Profile
    Millwall's General
    Millwall's Facilities

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    What's this about a Mr. O'Sullivan? You guys talking about me?

Read through this, very good read! Good luck with Millwall, one of the most hated clubs in the country

Reserves

Shame about Crewe.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by markyosullivan View Post
    What's this about a Mr. O'Sullivan? You guys talking about me?
    No, unless your name is Ronnie.

Read through this, very good read! Good luck with Millwall, one of the most hated clubs in the country
    Thanks. If I can make them even more hated I'd be really happy.

Shame about Crewe.
    Nine defeats in a row is my new record at FM.

Amateur

Transfers

9 out - 9 in.

Friendlies

Squad

Most players are English, but we have players from Uganda and Mayotte too!

Amateur

Fixtures

Not bad at all.

Table

Closer to play-off spots than relegation's ones. Like it.

Third Team

Looks like the most famous player in your squad is Steve Sidwell. Nice start to the league

Youth Team

Great start to the season, especially since Milwall barely avoided relegation themselves last season.

Amateur

Looks like the most famous player in your squad is Steve Sidwell. Nice start to the league
    Great start to the season, especially since Milwall barely avoided relegation themselves last season.
    Thanks for support!

Fixtures

Table

We won't get relegated, are we?

Youth Intake

Nothing to get excited even if it is 4 stars.

Third Team

Good start with Millwall. Guessing you'll be trying to sneak into the playoffs next season?

Amateur

We'll see, however my main objective will be to not get relegated.

Fixtures

Horrible. One win in 16 matches...

Table

At least we're staying in League One

Squad

Top 5 players

5. David Gigliotti
    4. Tamika Mkandawire
    3. Ishmael Miller
    2. Ravel Morrison
    1. Martyn Waghorn

Reserves

Managed to survive though.

Amateur

Transfers

Friendlies

Even at friendlies we are crap. Crap. Not only against big teams, but also agains teams like Ebbsfleet or Guiseley.

Squad

Possibly no updates till July.
    Last edited by nie jem frytek; 04-06-2012 at 18:25.

Third Team

What happened during the friendlies? No updates until July?

Youth Team

Yikes...those friendly matche are something to worry about...

Ouch. Some spankings there.

Amateur

I'm back.

Fixtures

Table

Squad

Poor Youth Intake

Top 5 players

5. Jose Madureira
    4. Adam Olszewski
    3. Sofiane Amrane
    2. Ravel Morrison
    1. Gary Hooper

I've decided to do minimalistic seasonal updates.

Semi Pro

Doing much better now, after that.. erm.. unfortunate turn of events with Crewe. Great improvement over last season too, I want to see Millwall in the Championship next season, keep pushing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast