Maybe it's just my team?

But the opposition seem to ALWAYS get, "Scores his first goal of the season" or "That's his first ever goal!" ????

Almost every game, not to mention constant dominance, and loads of chances yet the opposition gets one and scores and my players miss sitters?

:mad:

Most frustrating!

Haha... yep, i've had that a fair few times.

I think the issue I was having was that my team was awful at defending set pieces, so, often i'd concede. With it being set pieces I was mainly conceding from, it was not necessarily the oppositions strikers that were scoring.

I sorted out my defending of corners and free kicks and now I don't get so many "That's his first ever goal" comments.

Or that's his first goal in [x] hours.

In my current save KR had a striker who'd gone 700+ minutes with out a goal against my keeper who'd gone over 1000 minutes without conceeding. I knew instantly when I saw that the KR striker would score. Sure enough he scored in the opening 5 minutes of the game.

Yup that happens a lot plus my team have goals disallowed all the time and the oppsition rarely do! I don't get caught offside because I'm over attacking or get punished for fouls because I tackle too harshly. The game just hates me.

I just had three of my players score their first ever goals in the last 10 minutes to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 victory. And two of them were defenders.

I bet the AI hates me :)

Seriously, they have to score their first goal at some point, but you never are going to notice when they score against other teams are you... It's just how the human brain works: you only ever notice when you get stuck in the slow queue at a supermarket - you didn't even stop to think about it those 23,802,842 times where you were not held up.

It happens very, very rarely for me.

Possible Causes You Might Want to Consider:

a) Your team play a deep defensive line, allowing opposition midfielders (who are less likely to have already scored goals) to camp outside your box and score flueky long shots; or wingbacks to make diagonal runs into your area.

b) Your team play wide, stretching your defence and leaving gaps, meaning that opposition midfielders (again: less likely to have scored goals) can run from deep onto a through ball and get a clear-cut chance on goal.

c) Your defensive set piece instructions are inadequate and/or your goalkeeper isn't very commanding, allowing non-goalscorers a chance to get on the scoresheet from a corner.

just lost 2-1 to blues in the league cup and redmond and spector got their 'first goals for the club' lol

next match the same thing for the teams first goal (i forget who it is!)

Archived