Working My Way Up

Dan BHTFC

I currently have a save going (Clitheroe) which I have on here but that is on the main family computer as my laptop cannot handle all the leagues I have loaded so will try and do 2 stories simultaneously on here. I'm going to do the same idea but have only loaded England down to level 7, Scotland and Wales so hopefully my laptop can handle this after 20 or so seasons!

I applied for a few jobs but there are 2 teams I will not take over for personal reasons, Whyteleafe and Worthing!

After just a day of applying at all lower league clubs I finally accepted this.....

Sittingbourne_FC_Logo.png

Name: Sittingbourne

Nickname: The Brickies

Founded: 1886

Stadium: Bourne Park

Capacity: 3,000 (200 seated)

dangandernewsinbox.png

So I start in the Ryman League Division One South with Sittingbourne. I've been there a few times over the years and it isn't one of the best grounds but it serves it's purpose! My expectations are to finish in a Play-Off place if not higher but the squad needs a complete overhaul if we are to make it.

Sittingbourne - Isthmian Division One South - 2011/12

Sittingbourne gave me a chance in management and I was hoping to do well this season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We won the League title on the last day thanks to Bognor losing, was tight but we did deserve it. Next season will be tough but with a few additions I can't see why we can't be in a Play-Off position at the end of the season.

F.A Cup - Made it through to the 1st Round Proper, Hartlepool proved too strong for us.

F.A Trophy - It was a poor game and we were rightly put out.

League Cup - A weak team went out against another.

Kent Senior Cup - Charlton beat us on penalties.

Squad - We brought in a decent number of players, they came through the season well though.

Finances - Small loss for this level, hopefully another cup run and higher attendances will help..

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Greatwich - Good signing, been strong in midfield and has been scoring goals.

Erik Hummel - Another good midfielder, hopefully will improve.

Iltaf Ahmed - Good goalkeeper, will hopefully get better.

Career Summary:

Season      Team                 Country        League               Position       Notes and Info
2011/12     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman D1S            1st            F.A Cup 1st Round

Sittingbourne - Isthmian Premier - 2012/13

After a surprise promotion I was hoping for consolidation in the Ryman Premier.

League Table

League Positions Graph

What a dramatic season! We were up in the Play-Offs at Christmas, then we lost 8 in a row and fell right down the table and it looked like relegation, a few new signings freshened the team and we pulled ourselves back up the table. Harrow were beaten in the Semi-Finals then we beat Tooting in the Final, we are up into the Blue Square Leagues!.

F.A Cup - Awful, should have won.

F.A Trophy - Northwich were just better than us.

League Cup - Bognor fought well against our Reserves/Youth.

Kent Senior Cup - Should've progressed in this competition.

Squad - Once again, a few good signings have shown we have a good squad now.

Finances - Still in the red but it's not bad, hopefully some extra income in the Blue Square South will help out.

Key Player Profiles:

La'Vere Corbin-Ong - Great name, great player, played really well for us.

Chris Greatwich - He had another good season, the Filipino looks likely to be leaving soon, I don't think he will be good enough in the Blue Square South.

Gareth Deane - Came in after our dismal run of 8 defeats, changed the season for us.

Career Summary:

Season      Team                 Country        League               Position       Notes and Info
2011/12     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman D1S            1st            F.A Cup 1st Round
2012/13     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman Prem           4th            Play-Off Winners

Sittingbourne - Blue Square South - 2013/14

So into the Blue Square South, staying up was on the agenda..

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a good season but we couldn't quite make it into the Play-Offs but we will be going for them next season.

F.A Cup - What a great run! Newcastle were good but what a run!.

F.A Trophy - WINNERS! We edged past Hayes in the Final, proud of my team.

Kent Senior Cup - Nearly got into the Final, my squad were getting tired from our long season!.

Squad - Once again, a few good signings have shown we have a good squad now.

Finances - Thanks to our Cup runs we have a healthy balance, need to keep it there now.

Key Player Profiles:

La'Vere Corbin-Ong - Had another good season, hopefully will play well next season.

Matthew Paterson - His second season with us after joining from Southend, played well and got goals.

Tommt Tejan-Sie - Another player who played well, hopefully we can keep hold of him.

Career Summary:

2012/13     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman Prem           4th            Play-Off Winners
2013/14     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    7th            F.A Trophy Winners, F.A Cup 4th Rnd

dangandernewsinbox.png

dangandernewsinbox2.png

Northampton_Town_FC.png

Name: Northampton Town

Nickname: The Cobblers

Founded: 1897

Stadium: Sixfields Stadium

Capacity: 7,653 all seated

Well, I decided to take the plunge and I think I have made the right choice as I think Sittingbourne won't go much higher without being in debt. I left them at the top the Blue Square South and I wish the new manager all the best. Northampton are currently bottom of the league, knocked out the Carling Cup in the 3rd Round at Blackburn and knocked out the Johnstones Paint Trophy at the first stage. The squad is average, a decent striker will really help this team and I may raid Sittingbourne in January for a couple of seasons.

Northampton are a side with quite a bit of potential. Keep yoyo'ing between league 2 and conference in my game. Managed to get them to the champions league in an old save game on FM10 with a new stadium at 60k. If you can get some cheap loan players in that should help you in the short term?!Good luck

Bit of a rescue mission needed there.

I've signed until the end of the season, needed a new challenge, that's why I left Sittingbourne. Hopefully will get another decent offer when my contract ends

Northampton_Town_FC.png

Northampton Town - League 2 - 2014/15

I took over mid season, they gave me a chance to be a Football League manager so I signed until the end of the season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I did what I was asked to do when I was hired, we stayed up. We went on an awful run then a good run, then awful again. The squad is ok, a bit of money put into it will really help! I have declined a new contract, I will be looking for a new club in the Summer.

F.A Cup - Charlton were just too good for us.

League Cup - I wasn't at the club for this competition but they did push Blackburn.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another one I missed.

Squad - I added a few fresh faces, it really helped and the squad grew in confidence.

Finances - Quite healthy, hopefully they will back the new manager.

Key Player Profiles:

Ross Flitney - One of my signings, was a rock in goal and made some important saves.

Rhys Bennett - One of the best players at the club.

Scott Wilson - Played surprisingly well despite his poor stats.

Career Summary:

2013/14     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    7th            F.A Trophy Winners, F.A Cup 4th Rnd
2014/15     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    1st*          *Left in October
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Northampton Town     England        League 2             20th           Joined in October, avoided relegation

dangandernewsinbox3.png

dangandernewsinbox.png

dangandernewsinbox2.png

Well, I recieved this offer from Trinidad & Tobago, I was surprised they wanted me and I accepted the challenge. The pool of players I can call upon is small but there are a few decent ones around, I think I'll give this a year and see what happens

dangandernewsinbox.png

dangandernewsinbox5.png

Carl_Badge.png

Name: Carlisle United

Nickname: The Cumbrians

Founded: 1904

Stadium: Brunton Park

Capacity: 18,202 (8,000 seated)

So I've taken the plunge and headed up to Northern England, League One strugglers Carlisle wanted my services, I've already saved a League Two team from the drop, can I do it in League One?

The squad is poor but with a few freebies I can see us being a comfortable mid table team

Carl_Badge.png

Carlisle United - League 1 - 2015/16

I went to Carlisle with the sole purpose of keeping them up.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We went down, the squad was awful, I am here for another season, unless they get rid of me in the Summer, so will look at bouncing straight back up.

F.A Cup - We played against a very good team.

League Cup - I wasn't at the club for this competition.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another one I missed.

Squad - There are some good players in this squad however there are some equally bad ones!.

Finances - In debt, hopefully its sustainable but the Chairman isn't putting in any funds.

Key Player Profiles:

No one in the squad is really a key player!

Career Summary:

2014/15     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    1st*          *Left in October
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Northampton Town     England        League 2             20th           Joined in October, avoided relegation
2015/16     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd           Joined in October, Relegated

Definately. Always great to see both a small club reach the Football League and an AI manager continue good work that a human manager started.

Well,he got rid of 7 players over the Summer and hasn't replaced them, hopefully I left enough quality for them to stay up

Carl_Badge.png

Carlisle United - League 2 - 2016/17

After relegation I wanted a total clearout of all the deadwood adn bring in some hungry younger players

League Table

League Positions Graph

Well, we won the league but it was tight, I thought we had thrown it away towards the end of the season but we held on. Jake Jervis scored the goals this season and nearly left for £500,000 to Wolves but he didn't want to go.

F.A Cup - Disappointed, we should have beaten them.

League Cup - Burnley too good for us.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another cup defeat at the first hurdle.

Squad - A few additions in the Summer and we will have a competitive squad.

Finances - In debtstill, Mr Chairman has put money in but it's still a big debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Jake Jervis - Good player, will be hard to keep hold of him.

George Willis - Good goalkeeper, need him to improve really.

Career Summary:

2015/16     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd           Joined in October, Relegated
2016/17     Carlisle United      England        League 2             1st            League 2 Winners

• 2 weeks later...

dangandernewsinbox.png

Well, we are in serious financial problems after the Chairman withdrew his funding so with hardly any wage budget I took the hard decision to step down when we were sitting in 22nd place in League 1. Hopefully the new manager can change the fortunes around but I can see them going straight back to League 2.

Career Summary:

2016/17     Carlisle United      England        League 2             1st            League 2 Winners
2017/18     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd*         *Left in October

dangandernewsinbox2.png

dangandernewsinbox3.png

So I'm back in Kent! Signed a 3 year contract and I'm hoping to keep the team up this season. The squad is ok and with some decent budget available I think it's going to be quite easy to bring in some talented players.

Sittingbourne - League 2 - 2017/18

I went back to my first club in November when I was offered the job, really struggling but I could see the potential in the squad

League Table

League Positions Graph

We stayed up and I managed to bring in a few of my ex Carlisle squad who were released on my departure.

F.A Cup - Not important for me this season.

League Cup - One I missed.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another one missed.

Kent Senior Cup - Was disappointed to go out.

Squad - Is a good squad, once the fringe players have gone I can look at improving it.

Finances - We are ok financially, hopefully a decent budget next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Mario Cowan - Goalkeeper who was my Number 1 at Carlisle, was released when I left Carlisle.

Sammy Furlong - Top goalscorer, can't get him to sign a new contract though.

Cristian Montano - Released by Carlisle, good signing.

Career Summary:

2017/18     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd*         *Left in October
2017/18     Sittingbourne        England        League 2             17th           Joined in November

Sittingbourne - League 2 - 2018/19

After a season of change I was hoping that I now had a competitive squad.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I wasn't expecting promotion but we hammered Stockport 5-0 in the Final, League One here we come!

F.A Cup - We did well against Aston Villa, some extra income was good.

Carling Cup - Not that important when I saw who we were drawn against.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - We were unlucky not to reach the Final, Coventry were too experienced.

Kent Senior Cup - Really thought this was ours.

Squad - A few signings helped us out, needs improving once again if we are to be competitive in League One.

Finances - Still ok, maybe increased attendances in League One will help.

Key Player Profiles:

Mario Cowan - Did well again, probably one of my best signings.

Arne Kristensen - Strong player, will hopefully do well in League One.

Peter Milton - Top goalscorer, can see him improving.

Career Summary:

2017/18     Sittingbourne        England        League 2             17th           Joined in November
2018/19     Sittingbourne        England        League 2              5th           Promoted via Play-Offs

Archived