+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working My Way Up

Part-Timer

Default Working My Way Up

I currently have a save going (Clitheroe) which I have on here but that is on the main family computer as my laptop cannot handle all the leagues I have loaded so will try and do 2 stories simultaneously on here. I'm going to do the same idea but have only loaded England down to level 7, Scotland and Wales so hopefully my laptop can handle this after 20 or so seasons!

I applied for a few jobs but there are 2 teams I will not take over for personal reasons, Whyteleafe and Worthing!

After just a day of applying at all lower league clubs I finally accepted this.....

Name: Sittingbourne
    Nickname: The Brickies
    Founded: 1886
    Stadium: Bourne Park
    Capacity: 3,000 (200 seated)

So I start in the Ryman League Division One South with Sittingbourne. I've been there a few times over the years and it isn't one of the best grounds but it serves it's purpose! My expectations are to finish in a Play-Off place if not higher but the squad needs a complete overhaul if we are to make it.
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 07-05-2012 at 13:07.

Reserves

Welcome to Kent

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Good luck fella.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Isthmian Division One South - 2011/12

Sittingbourne gave me a chance in management and I was hoping to do well this season.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We won the League title on the last day thanks to Bognor losing, was tight but we did deserve it. Next season will be tough but with a few additions I can't see why we can't be in a Play-Off position at the end of the season.

F.A Cup - Made it through to the 1st Round Proper, Hartlepool proved too strong for us.

F.A Trophy - It was a poor game and we were rightly put out.

League Cup - A weak team went out against another.

Kent Senior Cup - Charlton beat us on penalties.

Squad - We brought in a decent number of players, they came through the season well though.

Finances - Small loss for this level, hopefully another cup run and higher attendances will help..

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Greatwich - Good signing, been strong in midfield and has been scoring goals.

Erik Hummel - Another good midfielder, hopefully will improve.

Iltaf Ahmed
    - Good goalkeeper, will hopefully get better.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    Season      Team                 Country        League               Position       Notes and Info
    2011/12     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman D1S            1st            F.A Cup 1st Round
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 15-05-2012 at 18:31.

Amateur

Great work winning the league.

Reserves

Good start to the career.

Youth Team

Good start with a league title

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Good start fella.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Isthmian Premier - 2012/13

After a surprise promotion I was hoping for consolidation in the Ryman Premier.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

What a dramatic season! We were up in the Play-Offs at Christmas, then we lost 8 in a row and fell right down the table and it looked like relegation, a few new signings freshened the team and we pulled ourselves back up the table. Harrow were beaten in the Semi-Finals then we beat Tooting in the Final, we are up into the Blue Square Leagues!.

F.A Cup - Awful, should have won.

F.A Trophy - Northwich were just better than us.

League Cup - Bognor fought well against our Reserves/Youth.

Kent Senior Cup - Should've progressed in this competition.

Squad - Once again, a few good signings have shown we have a good squad now.

Finances - Still in the red but it's not bad, hopefully some extra income in the Blue Square South will help out.

Key Player Profiles:

La'Vere Corbin-Ong - Great name, great player, played really well for us.

Chris Greatwich - He had another good season, the Filipino looks likely to be leaving soon, I don't think he will be good enough in the Blue Square South.

Gareth Deane
    - Came in after our dismal run of 8 defeats, changed the season for us.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    Season      Team                 Country        League               Position       Notes and Info
    2011/12     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman D1S            1st            F.A Cup 1st Round
    2012/13     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman Prem           4th            Play-Off Winners

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Blue Square South - 2013/14

So into the Blue Square South, staying up was on the agenda..

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We had a good season but we couldn't quite make it into the Play-Offs but we will be going for them next season.

F.A Cup - What a great run! Newcastle were good but what a run!.

F.A Trophy - WINNERS! We edged past Hayes in the Final, proud of my team.

Kent Senior Cup - Nearly got into the Final, my squad were getting tired from our long season!.

Squad - Once again, a few good signings have shown we have a good squad now.

Finances - Thanks to our Cup runs we have a healthy balance, need to keep it there now.

Key Player Profiles:

La'Vere Corbin-Ong - Had another good season, hopefully will play well next season.

Matthew Paterson - His second season with us after joining from Southend, played well and got goals.

Tommt Tejan-Sie
    - Another player who played well, hopefully we can keep hold of him.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2012/13     Sittingbourne        England        Ryman Prem           4th            Play-Off Winners
    2013/14     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    7th            F.A Trophy Winners, F.A Cup 4th Rnd
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 21-05-2012 at 07:48.

International Squad

Very good start Dan.

Youth Team

Congrats on the FA Trophy! That's got to bring some cash to fund a promotion push for next year.

Part-Timer

Currently in October, got knocked out the F.A Cup early on, just recieved this offer

They are currently bottom of League 2

Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 21-05-2012 at 12:00.

Part-Timer

Name: Northampton Town
    Nickname: The Cobblers
    Founded: 1897
    Stadium: Sixfields Stadium
    Capacity: 7,653 all seated

Well, I decided to take the plunge and I think I have made the right choice as I think Sittingbourne won't go much higher without being in debt. I left them at the top the Blue Square South and I wish the new manager all the best. Northampton are currently bottom of the league, knocked out the Carling Cup in the 3rd Round at Blackburn and knocked out the Johnstones Paint Trophy at the first stage. The squad is average, a decent striker will really help this team and I may raid Sittingbourne in January for a couple of seasons.

Amateur

Northampton are a side with quite a bit of potential. Keep yoyo'ing between league 2 and conference in my game. Managed to get them to the champions league in an old save game on FM10 with a new stadium at 60k. If you can get some cheap loan players in that should help you in the short term?!Good luck

International Squad

Is your nickname Goosey?

Reserves

Bit of a rescue mission needed there.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Is your nickname Goosey?
    It was in school!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Bit of a rescue mission needed there.
    I've signed until the end of the season, needed a new challenge, that's why I left Sittingbourne. Hopefully will get another decent offer when my contract ends

Part-Timer

Northampton Town - League 2 - 2014/15

I took over mid season, they gave me a chance to be a Football League manager so I signed until the end of the season.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

I did what I was asked to do when I was hired, we stayed up. We went on an awful run then a good run, then awful again. The squad is ok, a bit of money put into it will really help! I have declined a new contract, I will be looking for a new club in the Summer.

F.A Cup - Charlton were just too good for us.

League Cup - I wasn't at the club for this competition but they did push Blackburn.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another one I missed.

Squad - I added a few fresh faces, it really helped and the squad grew in confidence.

Finances - Quite healthy, hopefully they will back the new manager.

Key Player Profiles:

Ross Flitney - One of my signings, was a rock in goal and made some important saves.

Rhys Bennett - One of the best players at the club.

Scott Wilson
    - Played surprisingly well despite his poor stats.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2013/14     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    7th            F.A Trophy Winners, F.A Cup 4th Rnd
    2014/15     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    1st*          *Left in October
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014/15     Northampton Town     England        League 2             20th           Joined in October, avoided relegation

Part-Timer

Well, I recieved this offer from Trinidad & Tobago, I was surprised they wanted me and I accepted the challenge. The pool of players I can call upon is small but there are a few decent ones around, I think I'll give this a year and see what happens

Part-Timer

After 2 games my record at Trinidad and Tobago is:

Then I recieve this offer:

Part-Timer

Name:
    Carlisle United
    Nickname: The Cumbrians
    Founded: 1904
    Stadium: Brunton Park
    Capacity: 18,202 (8,000 seated)

So I've taken the plunge and headed up to Northern England, League One strugglers Carlisle wanted my services, I've already saved a League Two team from the drop, can I do it in League One?

The squad is poor but with a few freebies I can see us being a comfortable mid table team

International Squad

Quick trip to the Caribbean.

Youth Team

Wow! That is some list of travels already! At least you're hopefully getting airmiles.

Part-Timer

Yeah, shouldn't have really gone into International management but I was offered it!Next update should be up tomorrow afternoon.

Part-Timer

Carlisle United - League 1 - 2015/16

I went to Carlisle with the sole purpose of keeping them up.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We went down, the squad was awful, I am here for another season, unless they get rid of me in the Summer, so will look at bouncing straight back up.

F.A Cup - We played against a very good team.

League Cup - I wasn't at the club for this competition.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another one I missed.

Squad - There are some good players in this squad however there are some equally bad ones!.

Finances - In debt, hopefully its sustainable but the Chairman isn't putting in any funds.

Key Player Profiles:

No one in the squad is really a key player!

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2014/15     Sittingbourne        England        Blue Square South    1st*          *Left in October
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2014/15     Northampton Town     England        League 2             20th           Joined in October, avoided relegation
    2015/16     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd           Joined in October, Relegated
    Last edited by Dan BHTFC; 26-05-2012 at 10:49.

Part-Timer

Also, congratulations to my former side Sittingbourne, my squad is now Football League!

Hopefully one day I will return to Bourne Park

Part-Timer

Well, this is odd,signs a new contract one day and the next he's sacked!

I have been linked to the post but haven't heard anything more than that.

Semi Pro

Good career so far

Reserves

Well done to Sittingbourne.

International Squad

Definately. Always great to see both a small club reach the Football League and an AI manager continue good work that a human manager started.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Definately. Always great to see both a small club reach the Football League and an AI manager continue good work that a human manager started.
    Well,he got rid of 7 players over the Summer and hasn't replaced them, hopefully I left enough quality for them to stay up

Youth Team

Carlisle should keep you and give you a chance to do something next season. Probably up till December and then re-evaluate.

Part-Timer

Carlisle United - League 2 - 2016/17

After relegation I wanted a total clearout of all the deadwood adn bring in some hungry younger players

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Well, we won the league but it was tight, I thought we had thrown it away towards the end of the season but we held on. Jake Jervis scored the goals this season and nearly left for £500,000 to Wolves but he didn't want to go.

F.A Cup - Disappointed, we should have beaten them.

League Cup - Burnley too good for us.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another cup defeat at the first hurdle.

Squad - A few additions in the Summer and we will have a competitive squad.

Finances - In debtstill, Mr Chairman has put money in but it's still a big debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Jake Jervis - Good player, will be hard to keep hold of him.

George Willis - Good goalkeeper, need him to improve really.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2015/16     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd           Joined in October, Relegated
    2016/17     Carlisle United      England        League 2             1st            League 2 Winners

Youth Team

Great season for you winning the league, good to see Sittingbourne have a good first season too!

Reserves

Good comeback into League 1.

International Squad

Well done Dan and well done Sittingbourne.

Youth Team

Well done on surging right back up!

Part-Timer

Well, we are in serious financial problems after the Chairman withdrew his funding so with hardly any wage budget I took the hard decision to step down when we were sitting in 22nd place in League 1. Hopefully the new manager can change the fortunes around but I can see them going straight back to League 2.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2016/17     Carlisle United      England        League 2             1st            League 2 Winners
    2017/18     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd*         *Left in October

Part-Timer

Hmmm, they are currently in 22nd place in League 2, do I go back and finish off what I started there?

Amateur

I'd go back if I was you

Subs Bench

Transfer budget £200,000? That's a hell of a lot for League 2 side!

Part-Timer

So I'm back in Kent! Signed a 3 year contract and I'm hoping to keep the team up this season. The squad is ok and with some decent budget available I think it's going to be quite easy to bring in some talented players.

Back to where you started .

Reserves

Great move back to where you belong.

Part-Timer

I'm enjoying being back at Bourne Park, hopefully the board will be patient with my ambitions!

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - League 2 - 2017/18

I went back to my first club in November when I was offered the job, really struggling but I could see the potential in the squad

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We stayed up and I managed to bring in a few of my ex Carlisle squad who were released on my departure.

F.A Cup - Not important for me this season.

League Cup - One I missed.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Another one missed.

Kent Senior Cup - Was disappointed to go out.

Squad - Is a good squad, once the fringe players have gone I can look at improving it.

Finances - We are ok financially, hopefully a decent budget next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Mario Cowan - Goalkeeper who was my Number 1 at Carlisle, was released when I left Carlisle.

Sammy Furlong - Top goalscorer, can't get him to sign a new contract though.

Cristian Montano - Released by Carlisle, good signing.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2017/18     Carlisle United      England        League 1             22nd*         *Left in October
    2017/18     Sittingbourne        England        League 2             17th           Joined in November

International Squad

Welcome back to Kent.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - League 2 - 2018/19

After a season of change I was hoping that I now had a competitive squad.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

I wasn't expecting promotion but we hammered Stockport 5-0 in the Final, League One here we come!

F.A Cup - We did well against Aston Villa, some extra income was good.

Carling Cup - Not that important when I saw who we were drawn against.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - We were unlucky not to reach the Final, Coventry were too experienced.

Kent Senior Cup - Really thought this was ours.

Squad - A few signings helped us out, needs improving once again if we are to be competitive in League One.

Finances - Still ok, maybe increased attendances in League One will help.

Key Player Profiles:

Mario Cowan - Did well again, probably one of my best signings.

Arne Kristensen - Strong player, will hopefully do well in League One.

Peter Milton - Top goalscorer, can see him improving.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2017/18     Sittingbourne        England        League 2             17th           Joined in November
    2018/19     Sittingbourne        England        League 2              5th           Promoted via Play-Offs

International Squad

Great season Dan.

Subs Bench

Great season indeed!

Strong shwing againt Villa in the cup aswell.

Cracking season Dan .

Reserves

Wow, up to League 1 now.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - League 1 - 2019/20

After our promotion I was hoping for consolidation in League 1

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Wow, after gaining promotion I didn't expect another, I thought we were good enough to beat Portsmouth in the Final and now I have the tough task of getting a Championship standard team!

F.A Cup - Two easy ties then a tough one! Shame it wasn't a away tie.

Carling Cup - Not that important for me this season.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Thought we'd have a chance of winning this, I was wrong!.

Kent Senior Cup - A cup to go into our cabinet.

Squad - Only a couple of additions due to me being over my wage budget.

Finances - Still ok, promotion should help.

Key Player Profiles:

Mario Cowan - Another good season, hopefully another one is due.

Peter Milton - Top goalscorer, shame he won't sign a new contract.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2018/19     Sittingbourne        England        League 2              5th           Promoted via Play-Offs
    2019/20     Sittingbourne        England        League 1              3rd           Promoted via Play-Offs

Championship already!!!! In just 8 years!!!

Reserves

You like playoffs.

Subs Bench

Two promotions in a row is a great achievement - well done.

Youth Team

Not bad! Just checked in a see back-to-back promotions! The club is happy you have returned

Youth Team

Great to see you return and continue the sucess you had before you left.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Championship - 2020/21

The highest level this club has reached, hopefully I can get a mid table finish.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

After a tough start we had a good spell when I thought we may make the Play-Offs but our form dipped and we had to settle for mid table.

F.A Cup - Out at the first stage, not happy.

Carling Cup - Out of another cup at the first stage.

Kent Senior Cup - Another title.

Squad - Didn't bring anyone in to start with, we struggled so I added, we now have a decent squad.

Finances - We made a decent profit, hopefully I will be given a bigger budget next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Mario Cowan - Still our Number 1, had a good season.

Peter Milton - Top goalscorer again, managed to get him to sign a new contract.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2019/20     Sittingbourne        England        League 1              3rd           Promoted via Play-Offs
    2020/21     Sittingbourne        England        Championship         13th           Survived

Youth Team

Good consolidation in your first season, hopefully you can push a top 6 finish next year.

Reserves

Good first season at that level.

International Squad

Superb progress.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Championship - 2021/22

After last seasons Mid-Table finish I was hoping for maybe a push for a Play-Off place

League Table
    League Positions Graph

I really didn't expect promotion but we are Premier League! We beat Wigan in the Play-Off Final quite easily but now the hard work starts, keeping Sittingbourne in the Premier League with a small stadium and probably the smallest budget too.

F.A Cup - We beat a understrength Liverpool team in the 4th Round but crashed out in the 5th.

Carling Cup - Wolves were just too strong for us.

Kent Senior Cup - Put out a mix of Youth and First teams, knocked out on penalties.

Squad - A few additions in the Summer really made our squad strong, can see me bringing in a few more this Summer.

Finances - Still in the black however we made a loss, Premier League revenue should help out!.

Key Player Profiles:

Anis Dziri - A £250,000 signing from Inverness, great piece of transfer dealing if I say so myself!

Peter Milton - Top goalscorer again, progressed well from League 2.

Tommy Larsen - Joined on a free from Lyngby, played well this season

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2020/21     Sittingbourne        England        Championship         13th           Survived
    2012/22     Sittingbourne        England        Championship          3rd           Promoted via Play-Offs

Reserves

Wow, the Premier League will be tough though.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Premiership - 2022/23

A surprise promotion to the top flight, I was hoping to balance the books to make a healthy profit and build a team ready for life in the Championship

League Table
    League Positions Graph

It was inevitable, we did go down but I feel as if I now have a good enough squad to bounce straight back up without spending a fortune on the wages. There are some talented youngsters who deserve to be in the top flight, hopefully we can get back up.

F.A Cup - West Ham just too good for us.

Carling Cup - A mixed squad crashed out against a poor Blackpool team.

Kent Senior Cup - Thought we would win this.

Squad - Bought in a few younger players and got rid of a few of the deadwood, think we have a competitive squad for Championship football.

Finances - Premier League money is a blessing! We made a decent profit and now with parachute payments it should set us up.

Key Player Profiles:

Peter Milton - Joint top goalscorer, some interest in him.

Scott Cousins - Joined on a free, England goalkeeper, good signing.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2012/22     Sittingbourne        England        Championship          3rd           Promoted via Play-Offs
    2022/23     Sittingbourne        England        Premier League       20th           Relegated

Reserves

You were always going to be up against it really.

International Squad

Little Sittingbourne in the Premier League and good work not 'doing a Derby'.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Championship - 2023/24

After being relegated from the top flight I wa hoping to bounce straight back up.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We fought our way through the season and we managed to win automatic promotion. I thought we would finish in a Play-Off place but I'm pleased with my team.

F.A Cup - Premier League Brighton were too strong for us.

Carling Cup - Thought we were going to do well in this competition this year however West Ham were too strong.

Kent Senior Cup - A cup in our cabinet, even though it is a small cup.

Squad - We have a decent squad however we will lose Peter Milton but we will hopefully have a good budget to help build the squad in the Summer.

Finances - A loss was inevitable but with our Premier League bonus we should be ok again.

Key Player Profiles:

Peter Milton - Top scorer again but we are losing him on a free, has done well since joining us in League 2.

Scott Cousins - Another good season, will still be our Number 1 next season.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2022/23     Sittingbourne        England        Premier League       20th           Relegated
    2023/24     Sittingbourne        England        Championship          2nd           Promoted

Reserves

Better luck this time.

Amateur

Great progress. Nice to see Sittingbourne came back for you in the League. Nice to finish what you started

International Squad

Good job going straight back up.

Part-Timer

Sittingbourne - Premier League - 2024/25

We went straight back up to the top flight so staying there was my aim

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We stayed up, just! It was a tough season but I hope Mr. Chairman will boost our transfer funds in the Summer otherwise it will be another season of struggle.

F.A Cup - We were poor, end of.

Carling Cup - We will do well in this competition, but not this season.

Kent Senior Cup - We won it again, hoping to do this every season now.

Squad - I will be getting rid of the older Foreign players and bringing in some younger players for the future.

Finances - Thankfully the Premier League money kept us in the plus.

Key Player Profiles:

David Brooks - Top scorer, hopefully he will improve.

Scott Cousins - Getting old, need a younger player to come in soon as a decent back up.

Career Summary:
    Code:
    2023/24     Sittingbourne        England        Championship          2nd           Promoted
    2024/25     Sittingbourne        England        Premier League       17th           Survived

Part-Timer

Was a tough decision but I think I chose the right option when I was offered this job:

I really didn't want to leave but this was an opportunity I couldn't really decline, hopefully I can bring more success to a Manchester United team who finished in 5th place.

Part-Timer

Great work so far mate. I would not have taken the Utd job but I am a Liverpool fan.

Part-Timer

My main aim at Manchester United is to bring through the Youth players and ultimately have a home grown starting XI

Youth Team

Nice job in survival I wouldn't worry about Cousins yet as he's only 28 years old and a goalkeeper. Keepers can play for a while...unless you find someone better

Part-Timer

Hopefully the new manager at Sittingbourne can keep them up on a shoestring budget, maybe it was too soon to go up for them, you never know, I may go back for a third spell in the future!

International Squad

Great job staying up Dan.

+ Reply to Thread