Confused about this sending off.

You can see the 10 or so minutes building up to the red card, and just like in the actual match nothing of particular note happened to warrant a red card. In the actual game itself Kevin Davies was running down the left, Shawcross came across and tackled him. Andy Wilkinson was in the box without a single Stoke or Bolton player within several yards of him. Yet somehow, as soon as Shawcross made the tackle he got sent off.

sent_off.jpg

Something definitely isn't right there, certainly worth uploading the match pkm for SI to have a look at.

the only thing I can think of is he is booked for an earlier incident but I don't think I have seen this done in fm?

I think this is possibly the answer.

He was booked as soon as the ball went of play which suggests an earlier incident, maybe not covered by the highlights - need to view full match.

Upload the pkm though and SI will take a look.

It's not included in the game. Even if it was, I'm sure it would take less than eight minutes to get the ball out of play and the incident would be described in match report.

the only thing I can think of is he is booked for an earlier incident but I don't think I have seen this done in fm?

Thing is if he is now picking up a second yellow card for an earlier incident then that isn't allowed.

If a player commits an offence that leads to a straight red or a second yellow then the referee is obliged to stop the game and send the player off. He cannot go back and do it later like he can with a first caution.

Thing is if he is now picking up a second yellow card for an earlier incident then that isn't allowed.

If a player commits an offence that leads to a straight red or a second yellow then the referee is obliged to stop the game and send the player off. He cannot go back and do it later like he can with a first caution.

... unless, of course, there is a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Yes, according to the Laws of the Game 2011/12.

The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

If the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal.

Unless the ME thought it was an attacking move and the ref should play on as it presented an opportunity to score a goal? Just throwing it out there, personally I don't think this is the case as it was not a CCC.

Yes, according to the Laws of the Game 2011/12.

The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

If the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal.

Unless the ME thought it was an attacking move and the ref should play on as it presented an opportunity to score a goal? Just throwing it out there, personally I don't think this is the case as it was not a CCC.

The laws of the game are not at all relevant here. We all know that irl the ref can wait with a booking until the next stop in the game.

The issue is though, that this is not in FM. And that there was no sign of any infringement whatsoever. And no indication of any, even if there had been an infringement.

Its ok saying it could of happened earlier and I have seen yellows given after the end of a piece of play due to allowing advantage but that video was actually quite a long passage of play where the ball went from one end of the pitch to the other! Stoke were actually attacking at the start anyway so play wouldn't of got that far if the foul was before hand. Got to say this sending off is a total mystery but the match engine certainly wanted Wilkinson sent off!

The laws of the game are not at all relevant here. We all know that irl the ref can wait with a booking until the next stop in the game.

The issue is though, that this is not in FM. And that there was no sign of any infringement whatsoever. And no indication of any, even if there had been an infringement.

How do you know its not in FM?

I can't say for certain but I think I've seen refs book players for earlier incidents, I could be wrong though.

I think you misunderstand. We are saying that the ref CANNOT wait until it goes out of play for a second caution unless it is a clear scoring opportunity, which it was not.

If you read all of the posts, I as well as others have said that we have never seen this enforced in FM.

I think it is a bug in the ME personally.

I would just like to say although this does appear to be a serious issue and people have made some good points, that i found this video hilarious.

having played so much of football manager over the last few years and championship manager before that i don't think i've ever seen the ref play advantage and then book/send off a player after like in fifa. however i haven't watched a game in 3d in a very long time and it is really weird that there is NOTHING in the match report to say why he got a yellow, dissent? but even if it is something it should be included in the match report which is why i think it's %100 a bug.

I think you misunderstand. We are saying that the ref CANNOT wait until it goes out of play for a second caution unless it is a clear scoring opportunity, which it was not.

If you read all of the posts, I as well as others have said that we have never seen this enforced in FM.

I think it is a bug in the ME personally.

I totally agree.

My perception of the rules is that a ref CAN wait with a second yellow card at his own discretion until the next stop of play and the restriction to that discretion only applies in case a straight red is to be given. But anyway.

Given that nobody has ssen it in the game so far, it's safe to assume it's not in there and thus I agree it's a ME bug.

Archived