Les Monégasques Renaissant De Ses Flammes

Deisler26

100px-As_monaco.png

A.S Monaco FC

Association Sportive de Monaco Football Club (French pronunciation: [a.sɔ.sja.sjɔ̃ spɔʁtiv də mɔnaˈko]; commonly referred to as AS Monaco or simply Monaco) are a French football club based in Fontvieille, Monaco. The club was founded in 1924 and currently play in the National, the third tier of French football. The team plays its home matches at the Stade Louis II located within Fontvieille.

Though based in Monaco, the club is regarded as a French club, as the club plays in the French football league system, and because the principality of Monaco is not a member of UEFA. Monaco used to be one of the most successful clubs in France, having won seven league titles and five Coupe de France trophies. The club has also used to regularly compete in European football having been runners-up in both the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Champions League in 1992 and 2004, respectively.

Monaco enjoyed success in the 1970s and late 1980s during the managerial tenures of Lucien Leduc and Arsène Wenger, during which the club was amongst the leading lights of European football. Monaco's traditional colours are red and white, and the club is known as Les Rouge et Blanc (English: The Red and White). Monaco is also a member of the European Club Association. In December 2011, two-thirds of the club was sold to an investment group led by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev. However, he left the club with a number of debts and the club were relgated from Ligue 1 in 2018. An eight year spell in Ligue 2 followed, but for one brief season back in Ligue 1. However, the club were riddled with debt and, with performances not being what they should be, the club sunk ignomously into the French National division and stayed there, finishing 11th last season. In May 2027, AS Monaco appointed eminent Santarcangelo manager Andrea Managerino to the position of manager...

(information from Wikipedia)

So this is a complete departure from the previous thread (although the same save). No restrictions although, as ever, I will try to keep a mainly French flavour to the proceedings. I removed Italy from my leagues available, simply as I want no way to go back to Santarcangelo. I also resigned from Italy to stop me missing them! So here we go. I sacked all the staff and it's time to write a new chapter in this club's long history!

Who's bloody with me??

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I tried a experimental 4-4-2, with the second striker wide-out on the left in the AML position playing as a Inside Forward. However, this was a terrible idea as we got turned over time and time again in the pre-season. So, sadly, I had to change formation late on in the pre-season to the following.

4132.jpg

We have a huge lack of talent and this should be enough to avoid relegation (yes, that was my brief!)

Merci, j'espère que pour diriger ce club à la gloire.

De rien, je sense que peut-etre il y a une challenge difficile, mais je pense que tu va etre la mec qui va remporte la glorie a la principalitie

I see you have gone for a slightly more attacking formation since you left Italy.

Is your aim still to take over Torino?

Yeah, having only used the catenaccio formation since FM12 was released, it'll be nice to try something else. And yeah, eventually. But who knows where I get to in the meantime.

This was just too good an opportunity to turn down.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, August 2027 Review

Well, here I am, my first pre-season in football management at a new club. And what a mess this club was in. They'd accumluated so much debt that the first team was bought of their contracts and the club put into a CVA. The name means nothing anymore and the board (who had also turned us semi-pro) considered our target for this season was Avoid Relegation . That's right, the club that once boasted Barthez in goal and Saviola & Morientes up front are now part-time and content to avoid relegation to the CFA!! The club gave me an £11k transfer budget and a £15k wage budget. Time to go dumpster diving. I also had to employ a whole new backroom staff. Finally, I got them to increase the junior coaching in a vain attempt to perhaps get some gems in.

------------------------------------------------------

AS Monaco FC 0 - 0 AS Nancy-Lorraine (Championnat National)

We were swamped in our first game. Biggest problem being a number of new players and a complete formation change a week before the start of the season.

AS Monaco FC 0 - 1 ES Wasquehal (Championnat National)

A very flat performance in which we conceded a crappy goal.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 0 Pau FC (Championnat National)

Boom! Our first win and goal, courtesy of ex-Marseille youth Ryan Mouchel. He ran onto a flick on and finished low from 20 yards.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 2 AS Moulins (Championnat National)

Hervé Raymond fired home from 20 yards to put us in the lead and then we got an own-goal to double our money. However, after conceding early on in the second half, Ryan Mouchel hooked the ball home after Ivan Popov's shot was spilled. A late goal against gave us a few scares, but we rode out the win.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 2 US Concarneau (Championnat National)

I hate bundled home goals from corners. Ryan Mouchel put us in the lead, but a cute lob from the edge of the area and the afore mentioned scrappy goal sank us.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Too many signings to note, however I did pick up some gems in GK Dino Preto, DM/AMC Dejan Pavlicic, ex-Santarcangelo players MC Daniele Moruzzi & ST Emanuele Paramatti, ST Ivan Popov and finally, the jewel in the pickups, AML/ST Ryan Mouchel.

Also, I raided parent club Olympique Lyonnais for DR Esteban Lecomte and DL Grégory Tangay

The only player to leave for cash was ST Maurice Perrin to AST Tripolis for £130k.

• 2 weeks later...

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, September 2027 Review

AS Monaco FC 0 - 0 Angers SCO (Championnat National)

The 4-1-3-2 isn't working as well as I hoped.

AS Monaco FC 0 - 2 Toulouse Fontaines (Championnat National)

Flat, dull, lifeless.

AS Monaco FC 2 - 0 U.S Dunkerque (Championnat National)

A change to a 4-2-4/attacking 4-4-2 saw our fortunes change immediatedly! Robin Lebourg headed home to give us the lead and Emmauele Paramatti netted his first goal for the club.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 2 Rodez Avreyon Football (Championnat National)

Ryan Mouchel scored a late consolation, but we were grossly outplayed.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 2 AC Ajaccio (Championnat National)

We had no hopes or expectations, going into the game against league-leaders Ajaccio. Yet, a Ryan Mouchel hat-trick gave us a stunning win, despite being pegged back twice.

-------------------------------------------------

We finished September in 10th place.

• 2 weeks later...

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, October 2027 Review

AS Monaco FC 0 - 1 FC Metz (Championnat National)

Ngggh. We're just so inconsistent.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 2 CS Louhans-Couseux (Championnat National)

Igor Pavlov scored our only consolation in this disappointing result.

AS Monaco FC 0 - 2 AS Yzeurienne Football (Championnat National)

This was just f******* embarassing.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 1 US Creteil-Luistanos (Championnat National)

Aymar Roponat put us in the lead on 85 mins, but we were cruelly denied in the 92nd minute by a late equaliser.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 0 Union Athletiéque Valettoise Football (Coupé De France, Sixth Round)

An easy, easy passage into the next round. Jéan-Christophe Ruiz netted after only 34 seconds and we dominated all the way from there. Goals from Robin Lebourg and Aymar Roponat gave us the scoreline our dominance deserved.

We finished October in 14th place, a really bad month for us.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, November 2027 Review

AS Monaco FC 1 - 0 AS Cherbourg Football (Championnat National)

Boom! Emanuele Paramatti netted his first goal for us as he gave us the win.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 2 US Dunkerque (Coupé de France, Seventh Round)

Jean-Christophe Ruiz netted a double to put us 2-0 up, but then two quick second half goals pulled them level. However, Gil scored a great long-range strike to give us another win.

AS Monaco FC 0 - 1 Paris FC 2000 (Championnat National)

This juggernault was stopped in it's tracks by a crappy performance.

We finished November in 15th place, upsettingly. Simply as we took 6 points from 9 and still dropped a place.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, December 2027 Review

AS Monaco FC 1 - 1 Calais Racing Union Football Club (Championnat National)

Ryan Mouchel popped up in the 91st minute to tie it up, after going behind in the third minute to a disputed penalty.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 3 FC Nantes (Coupé de France, Eighth Round)

Robin Leboug headed home in the 76th minute, but by that point, we were 0-3 down.

AS Monaco FC 0 - 0 Clermont Foot 63 (Championnat National)

No cutting edge. Arse.

We finished 2027 in 15th place. We've got the tools and the talent (possibly) to escape the relegation zone, but we need some luck.

Been inspiring though, was contemplating a 'lower league only' career ever since starting the last one (yes I do think of these things that far in advance), but this has definitely strengthened the case given the prospects for rescuing prett big clubs in any nation from obscurity.

Been inspiring though, was contemplating a 'lower league only' career ever since starting the last one (yes I do think of these things that far in advance), but this has definitely strengthened the case given the prospects for rescuing prett big clubs in any nation from obscurity.

Yeah, I mean if you take the time to go through a few seasons, you see a few big clubs just nosedive.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, January 2028 Review

AS Monaco FC 1 - 0 Gap Hautes Alpes Football Club (Championnat National)

Gil scored to give us a win in a tight matchup .

AS Monaco FC 3 - 0 Pau Football Club (Championnat National)

Jéan-Christophe Ruiz headed home midway through the first half, then converted from close range in the second to put us 2-0 up. A late OG just reinforced our superiority.

We finished January in 11th place. Those two wins were invaluable in pushing us up the table. No-one came in or out during the transfer window, although four players wanted to terminate their contracts.

Haha, there was also some amusing French near the start of the thread (not just from you, mind). :D

Had a good month in January. Your players will be rested and confident going into the second half of the season.

I'm really hoping. I'm also looking forward to my youth intake. Hopefully, I'll have a few gems that will be first team-ready and I can start to look towards next season.

100px-As_monaco.pngAS Monaco FC, February 2028 Review

AS Monaco FC 1 - 1 ES Wasquehal (Championnat National)

Ryan Mouchel put us in the lead, but a goal in first half ET pegged us back.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 0 US Concarneau (Championnat National)

Aymar Roponat struck a double and Dejan Pavlicic struck a low shot to top it all off.

AS Monaco FC 3 - 1 AS Moulins (Championnat National)

Aymar Roponat struck a double again and Dejan Pavlicic struck a low shot to top it all off. Erm, again.....

AS Monaco FC 1 - 2 Angers SCO (Championnat National)

Jéan-Christophe Ruiz got the consolation goal in a bad defeat.

AS Monaco FC 1 - 0 Toulouse Fontaines (Championnat National)

Jéan-Christophe Ruiz scored again, to give us another win

We finished February in 9th place. We're on the up! We also sold ST Ivan Popov for £60k to Smena-K in Russia.

Archived