Is this just the game being stupid?

Maybe it's the way I'm reading the first sentence of the second paragraph below, but it seems really daft to me. Yes, I'm managing a big club, but we're in League One! When was the last time a third tier team was considered, even potentially, to be a contender for winning the FA Cup? Is this just a ****-up by the game?

StupidFACupnewssnip.jpg

Not a bug. It is obvious that it is possible for a League One side to win the FA Cup. Weirder things have happened in the FA Cup after all. Spurs won the FA Cup in 1901 and they were outside the top flight.

I think it's a good thing to have randomness like this in the game. It enhances the gameplay experience.

Strange news reports exist in reality too, so this is also another reason why it's not a bug.

The game is God, after all. Maybe it decided that you would have won the FA Cup that year, but you were too inept to fulfill it.

Not a bug. It is obvious that it is possible for a League One side to win the FA Cup. Weirder things have happened in the FA Cup after all. Spurs won the FA Cup in 1901 and they were outside the top flight.

I think it's a good thing to have randomness like this in the game. It enhances the gameplay experience.

Strange news reports exist in reality too, so this is also another reason why it's not a bug.

The game is God, after all. Maybe it decided that you would have won the FA Cup that year, but you were too inept to fulfill it.

This is crazy. And to drag up something from 1901 is ridiculous! 1901!

We're talking about the words "could potentially have been seen as a contender" here. Now, in a literal sense, it's true. But you don't use phrases like that for a League One side at this stage of the FA Cup. You just don't! When was the last time a newspaper or (reputable) website referred to a side from this low down as a potential contender? It just doesn't happen.

No way this person is being serious.

Clearly the news items haven't been given much attention as often the headlines are just plain crazy. Take news items with a pinch of salt is my advice.

This is crazy. And to drag up something from 1901 is ridiculous! 1901!

We're talking about the words "could potentially have been seen as a contender" here. Now, in a literal sense, it's true. But you don't use phrases like that for a League One side at this stage of the FA Cup. You just don't! When was the last time a newspaper or (reputable) website referred to a side from this low down as a potential contender? It just doesn't happen.

Do I really need a safety wink there? ...

I assume the game is being stupid. You should not be considered a contender for obvious reasons.

This goes in line well however with the sometimes stupid PC questions about your chances of winning a cup competition when you are a lower league manager.

Archived