Football Manager Handheld for Windows Phone??

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

I quite like the look of the Lumia 800 myself and think Windows mobile has some promise, however until it supports C++ its simply not a viable platform - there are a whopping two developers working on the FMH product range, FMH itself is over 300,000 lines of source code ... as such porting it to a new language simply isn't feasible at present.

(trust me I've looked into work arounds as I like the MS development suites myself)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really hoping we get a port one day, this would be such a big seller on WP. Lucky I have my iPad and play on that now I no longer use android. Just out of curiosity have you spoken to MS about any sort of deal to make it more feasible for you to develop a port for WP? They do sometimes make "deals" to get popular apps and games on the platform (desperate here!).

And extra development time and QA costs and support .... not saying it'll never happen, but nothing is planned at present in this regard.

I understand where you are coming from. :) Mind you, the old formula is still valid for me: software spurs hardware sales. :)

I went iOS because also of FMH. I went Android (tablet) when FMH was released for it. I love Nokia and do think WP8 is an awesome mobile platform. I don't mind choices. :)

• 8 months later...

I received the new Nokia Lumia 1520 as a christmas present and I truly in love with it! fortunately enough I'm playing FMH on my Nexus 7" so my phone experience is not affected. But I can imagine how cool it would be if I can have FMH14 (or maybe FMH15) on my Windows Phone!

Probably I need to have an IT degree and get a job on SI to boost those wishes!

Archived