Just can't win at this game!

Being a Forest fan, I edited in a Sugar Daddy & started a game with Forest. At the start I had a 3.5mm Transfer pot & wage roll capacity. Chairman put in a couple of nice donations. All very nice. Quickly go to the top of the league.

Suddenly, in Nov. Sugar Daddy Chairman decides he wants to sell out! Equally suddenly, it's Jan. Club sold, the incoming Chairman has decided magnanimously to allow me to stay on (even though he wanted Ruud Gullit to take over & he turns up at all my home games to put the pressure on me); sadly & the Club is pretty much broke again, as usual.

Really takes away the point of the Sugar Daddy edit, eh?

Please post "serve you right" comments on this page. ha ha!

Hmm well, is the new chairman telling you to slash wages or something? As long as you're at the top of the league and make it to the Prem next year, its pretty much not going to matter is it?

I think you can tick off a box in the editor making the sugar-daddy a long-term investor. If you don't they are more detrimental than helpful.

Besides, Nottingham Forest has a 30 000 capacity stadium. Shouldn't be a problem financing a PL-beating team in 5-6 years with the right approach.

I think you can tick off a box in the editor making the sugar-daddy a long-term investor. If you don't they are more detrimental than helpful.

Besides, Nottingham Forest has a 30 000 capacity stadium. Shouldn't be a problem financing a PL-beating team in 5-6 years with the right approach.

Except they don't own their stadium and the real Forest have something alone the lines of a *~£75 million debt (I think...) currently...

I will keep a look out to see if there is a "Crazy about the club & would sooner saw his foot offf than sell" button in there. As it is, the new bloke in will let me stay but the club is flat broke & prospects bleak in the extreme. Irl Forest are indeed about 75mm in debt to the Doughty Estate.

Archived