+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just can't win at this game!

Amateur

Default Just can't win at this game!

Being a Forest fan, I edited in a Sugar Daddy & started a game with Forest. At the start I had a 3.5mm Transfer pot & wage roll capacity. Chairman put in a couple of nice donations. All very nice. Quickly go to the top of the league.
    Suddenly, in Nov. Sugar Daddy Chairman decides he wants to sell out! Equally suddenly, it's Jan. Club sold, the incoming Chairman has decided magnanimously to allow me to stay on (even though he wanted Ruud Gullit to take over & he turns up at all my home games to put the pressure on me); sadly & the Club is pretty much broke again, as usual.
    Really takes away the point of the Sugar Daddy edit, eh?
    Please post "serve you right" comments on this page. ha ha!
    Last edited by FrazT; 05-05-2012 at 11:28.

Semi Pro

I have never edited, but there maybe a feature where you can edit that your "Sugar Daddy" loves the club? would that help?

Part-Timer

Nothing you can do then, except to pay the guy behind the FMRTE a euro, and edit in another sugaddy in real time.

Amateur
    I had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off. FORZA NOTTS! FORZA JUVE!

HAHAHAHAHA unlucky dude

Amateur

Hmm well, is the new chairman telling you to slash wages or something? As long as you're at the top of the league and make it to the Prem next year, its pretty much not going to matter is it?

karma is a b**ch :P

Amateur

Is the Forest Chairman looking to sell. Did you change his rating so he loves the club and wants to stay? Just giving them a Sugar daddy isn't going to make him stay.

Amateur

serves you right!

ROFL, I think if he was a Sugar Daddy, I doubt IRL they would sell the club if they love it.

Youth Team

karma slapped you in the face

Youth Team

I think you can tick off a box in the editor making the sugar-daddy a long-term investor. If you don't they are more detrimental than helpful.

Besides, Nottingham Forest has a 30 000 capacity stadium. Shouldn't be a problem financing a PL-beating team in 5-6 years with the right approach.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BiggusD View Post
    I think you can tick off a box in the editor making the sugar-daddy a long-term investor. If you don't they are more detrimental than helpful.

Besides, Nottingham Forest has a 30 000 capacity stadium. Shouldn't be a problem financing a PL-beating team in 5-6 years with the right approach.
    Except they don't own their stadium and the real Forest have something alone the lines of a *~£75 million debt (I think...) currently...

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy! View Post
    Except they don't own their stadium and the real Forest have something alone the lines of a *~£75 million debt (I think...) currently...
    Ow.

10chars

Amateur

I will keep a look out to see if there is a "Crazy about the club & would sooner saw his foot offf than sell" button in there. As it is, the new bloke in will let me stay but the club is flat broke & prospects bleak in the extreme. Irl Forest are indeed about 75mm in debt to the Doughty Estate.

Third Team

IIRC you can also edit some mental stats of your chairman which would affect his desire to stay.
    Better luck next time

+ Reply to Thread