A Scandinavian Adventure

PRDH

Welcome one, welcome all. This is my first tentative dipping of toe into career-game-water for around four years, since before this forum even existed (I feel old), but I am looking forward to it.

Bit of background on me, I've been hanging around the Big Euro Nation challenge this year, and have just completed with a team from the Azores (you can read through my exploits over here) and have slightly run out of steam with the save, I will return at some point to finish the careers of my legion of talented academy products.

The plan for this game is to try and build a dynasty in Scandinavia, and to try to achieve this I've loaded up the Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish leagues and gone on holiday with my former Sunday-league football playing Swedish/Icelandic manager, called Per Harmersen, until I find a job.

Almost immediately I was offered the job at Swedish club Vimmerby IF who had lost their manager halfway through the season while sitting in 4th in the Swedish Second Division West Gotaland.

logo.png

I'll be looking to play this as a proper career and so will accept job offers from more attractive clubs etc

Good luck PRDH we'll miss u on the Euro nation challenge! don't be a stranger! I'm sure the lure of coaching Cardoso again will be too much and you'll come back one day!

Oh, I'll still be dropping in, I'm sure I'll be back. Cardoso's is one career I have to finish.

Yeah, it's not bad, they want me to achieve a respectable position, so either they had the manager poached, they didn't have one or the chairman is brutal!

logo.png

30th October 2011 - End of Season press conference

Journalist - Morning Per. Well, after joining halfway through the season did you have any plans or aims for the run in?

Per Harmersen - Hello everybody, thanks for joining me today. To answer the that question, I was honestly just hoping to get my feet under the door and start to build a reasonable squad. This was, after all, my first journey into the world of management, and dealing with professional footballers generally.

J - Indeed, how could we forget. How did you find the environment?

PH - It really is a cracking little club this, everyone in the city has made me feel so welcome, and not put too much pressure on me. It's been wonderful.

J - You must be thrilled to have led your team to promotion then?

PH - Of course, to finish 1st and win promotion was a fantastic achievement. The real praise has to go to the players though, they've been fantastic since I joined.

J - Is that just false modesty? I mean, after your twelve games in charge you have a won an impressive 75%.

PH - That's a lovely stat, and one I'm very proud of, but it would be nothing without the team. I joined when they were 4th and just built on what was already here.

J - As you mention the players, I'd be interested to know if any of your squad have particularly impressed you?

PH - Well, the players I brought in have really added something to the squad already in the short time they've been here, and I hope they can prove themselves at the higher level, but in particular I was impressed by Robin Alnas, who scored some vital goals, and Rickard Thuresson who was prolific all season.

J - Great, thanks. One final question.

PH - Fire away!

J - How do you think you'll fair next season?

PH - That's a very tough question. Competing at a higher level is always tough, but if I can get the right type of player in to give the lads a hand then we'll give the league a damn good try.

J - You sound confident. I hope you're not raising expectations too much. Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you soon. Thanks for your time. Bye.

Season		Country		       League		Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011		Sweden		2nd Div West Gotaland	   1st	                  Promoted

Pre-Season Press Release

14th April 2012

Here we are on the eve of our first game in the Swedish First Division South, these are exciting times for our club and I hope I can continue performing as I have at the club. Realistically as always when we go up a division we are aiming for that spot above relegation and safety to give us time to build, but these players have performed miracles before, and maybe they can again.

There has been quite a turnover of personnel over the winter but I firmly believe we have strengthened the side. We may not continue to win three-quarters of our matches, but that is to be expected as we come up against harder teams.

Well, that first match was away at the team who finished sixth last season. A fine barometer for our squad. And one which yielded encouraging results. A 0-3 victory in which we completely dominated bodes well for the rest of the season!

Archived