[FM 12] The One, The Only, The...Cerud??

cerud

Alright, let's try this again. I've started with significantly less nations and leagues and will likely reduce them as time goes on and my reputation (hopefully) grows.

Added Modifications

• FM12 Suzie Real Names for Clubs, Competitions, and Awards Fix plus real life media
  • Metallic Logos Megapack
  • taking care of those "other" fixes...the "I can't discuss here" fixes :)

Loaded Nations with all of their Leagues

• Argentina
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Scotland
  • Serbia
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United States

Leagues will change as the career progresses and likely shrink in size. The large number to begin with is to help facilitate an unemployed career beginning in smaller leagues. However, it is smaller than my previous attempts :)

Starting Date: July 2011

Beginning Manager Profile

Name: Cerud

Nationality: Canadian, with 2nd American (as Canadian and American sports are integrated anyways, makes for better reality)

Languages: English, French, and Spanish

Past Experience: Sunday League Footballer

Also, in the spirit of iHeadHunta x, I've adapted his list of career goals because they're extensive and...well...I like them. I don't expect to finish all of them, but I'd like to see just how I do.

Domestic Goals

• Win a league title - Completed - 24 November 2012
  • Win a promotion - Completed - 16 June 2013
  • Win back to back promotions - Completed - 15 June 2014
  • Win a domestic cup competition - Completed - 25 May 2016
  • Manage my local club, the Vancouver Whitecaps - Completed - 6 November 2015
  • Win the highest league in any nation - Completed - 15 August 2015
  • Manage the English side I support, Tottenham.
  • Win the top league in 5 different Nations.
  • Get a job offer from a better club than you are at currently - Completed - 28 November 2017
  • Take a club from the lowest division to the highest division in any nation - Completed - 14 June 2015
  • Win the UEFA Champions League with Tottenham
  • Win the UEFA Champions League with a club other than a club from England, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Netherlands.
  • Win all 5 of the big continental competitions in all 5 continents.
  • Win a continental competition other than the UEFA Champions League - Completed - 26 April 2017

International Goals

• Manage a nation 50th or lower in the FIFA rankings.
  • Qualify for a major competition - Completed - 18 November 2017
  • Win a point in a major competition.
  • Win a game in a major competition.
  • Qualify for the knockout stage of a major competiton.
  • Win a major competition.
  • Win the World Cup.
  • Win the UEFA European Championship, Copa America, African Cup of Nations, Asian Cup and the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
  • Win the FIFA Confederations Cup.

Player Achievements

• Have the best player in the world.
  • Have a player win the Golden Boot in any league - Completed - 17 June 2013
  • Have a player in Team of the Year - Completed - 25 November 2012
  • Have 5 players in Team of the Year - Completed - 27 November 2017
  • Have a player score Goal of the Year.

Club Achievements

• Get a club out of the red financially - Completed - 14 June 2015
  • Get a stadium expansion with any club - Completed - 1 May 2016
  • Build a new stadium with any club.
  • Have the training facilities improved with any club - Completed - 12 December 2015
  • Have youth facilities improved at any club - Completed - 4 October 2015

Manager Achievements

• Reach 100 games as a manager - Completed - 8 February 2014
  • Reach 250 games as a manager - Completed - 11 July 2017
  • Reach 500 games as a manager.
  • Reach 1 000 games as a manager.
  • Reach 2 500 games as a manager.
  • Reach 5 000 games as a manager.
  • Reach 10 000 games as a manager.
  • Win a Manager of the Month Award.
  • Win a Manager of the Year Award - Completed - 16 June 2014
  • Win a Manager of the Year 5 Times.
  • Become the best ever Canadian manager.
  • Get in the top 20 managers in the Hall of Fame.
  • Get in the top 10 managers in the Hall of Fame.
  • Become the best manager in the world in the Hall of Fame.
  • Get offered the chance to manage an international team - Completed - 19 February 2017
  • Stay at a club for at least 5 seasons.

Overall Goals

• Become the best manager in the world.
  • Have a stadium named after me.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Summary

Club Career Summary

Year        Country         Team                          League                                Position   Other

2011        South Korea     Incheon Korail FC             Samsung Life Korea National League    9th        ---
2012        South Korea     Incheon Korail FC             Samsung Life Korea National League    1st        League Title
2012-2013   Italy           US Pro Vercelii Calcio 1892   Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Girone A   4th        Promoted via Playoffs
2013-2014   Italy           US Pro Vercelii Calcio 1892   Lega Pro Prima Divisione Girone A     2nd        Promoted via Playoffs
2014-2015   Italy           US Pro Vercelii Calcio 1892   Serie B bwin                          2nd        Automatic Promotion
2015        United States   Los Angeles Galaxy            Major League Soccer                   5th        ---
2016        Canada          Vancouver Whitecaps FC        Major League Soccer		        1st        ---
2017        Canada          Vancouver Whitecaps FC        Major League Soccer		        1st        League Title

National Career Summary

Year    Country       Achievements
2016    Canada U23s   ---

Club Achievements

• 2012 - Incheon Korail - Samsung Life Korea National League Title
  • 2016 - Vancouver Whitecaps - Nutrilite Canadian Championship Voyager Cup
  • 2016 - Vancouver Whitecaps - MLS Supporter's Shield
  • 2016-2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - CONCACAF Champions League title
  • 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - Nutrilite Canadian Championship Voyager Cup
  • 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - MLS Supporter's Shield
  • 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - CONCACAF Champions League title
  • 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - MLS Cup
  • 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - Club World Cup

Personal Achievements

• 2012 - Incheon Korail - Korean FA Cup Best Manager - 2nd Place
  • 2012 - Incheon Korail - Samsung Life Korea National League Manager of the Year - 1st Place
  • 2013-2014 - Pro Vercelli - Prima Divisione Girone A Manager of the Year - 1st Place
  • 2016 - Vancouver Whitecaps - MLS Coach of the Year - 1st Place
  • 2017 - Vancouver Whitecaps - MLS Coach of the Year - 1st Place

So, in applying for any job that pays, here is what has been offered as well as the bullet points.

Job Summary

Thisted FC      Incheon Korea   Guarany SC    Rio Branco FC (AC)
                                  Railroad

Nation             Denmark         South Korea     Brazil        Brazil

Salary             $16.75K/yr      $48K/yr         $77K/yr       $100K/yr
Transfer Budget    ---             $88K            $29.5K        $29.5K
Wage Budget        $195K           $475K           $775K         $275K
Current Wages      $181K           $380K           $755K         $273K

Club Status        Semi-pro        Semi-pro        Pro           Pro
Finance            Okay            Okay            Okay          Okay

Stadium Capacity   6000            5000            25000         10000
                  (1500 seated)   all-seater      all-seater    all-seater
Own/Rent           $18K/yr         $9K/yr          10% of gate   10% of gate

I've never managed in Brazil before. However, I have in Argentina so I know about how crazy those leagues are. There's already another career thread with Thisted and I don't want to duplicate :) I have managed in South Korea, but that was in FM10 I think. I'm open to all ideas :)

Shame about your other thread, hopefully this one will run smoother :) I would go to South Korea because the current wages are well under the budget, giving you room to bring in some players at least.

Saying that, if you did decide to go Brazil, Guarany SC would be the better choice in my opinion. That stadium would help the club in the long run, if you stayed that long.

Lets hope this one works out.

Interesting choices because wont three of the teams be someway through the season now? I would go to Korea personally.

Shame about your other thread, hopefully this one will run smoother :) I would go to South Korea because the current wages are well under the budget, giving you room to bring in some players at least.

Saying that, if you did decide to go Brazil, Guarany SC would be the better choice in my opinion. That stadium would help the club in the long run, if you stayed that long.

Lets hope this one works out.

Interesting choices because wont three of the teams be someway through the season now? I would go to Korea personally.

Thanks, Scarman and SRL88. All clubs are in the midst of seasons except Thisted. But so far, South Korea looks like the top choice. I'm inclined to agree but will wait till tomorrow as I'm tired :) All suggestions welcome! :)

14th July 2011

korean_herald.png

In a complete stunner of a move, Incheon Korail Chairman Heo Joon-Young has hired unknown Canadian manager Cerud to take over the reigns at the struggling club. Currently sitting in 10th place in the National League, Korail has struggled to meet the expectations of fans and media alike.

"With only 11 matches left in the season, we are confident in our choice to bring Cerud to Incheon. This is also a step towards making Incheon an English speaking city. In attracting new business here, we must cater to foreigner tastes. We believe that Cerud brings a unique attractiveness to football. His move has been done in accordance to the Smile with English program." - Chairman Joon-Young

At his inaugural news conference, Cerud stated:

"This is a new opportunity for me and my family. Incheon citizens have much to be proud of in their city. I hope to help Korail continue to be one of these things." - Cerud, Incheon Korail Manager

47f469458b8a4.gif

Incheon Korea Railroad FC - Samsung Life Korea National League

I have taken a very small contract, only five and a half months left on it until the end of the year at 54 000/year. I think the Board wants to see what I'm able to do with the last half of the season before committing wholeheartedly to a complete unknown manager. Can't say I blame them.

About the Club

While the club has undergone several name changes, they can trace their history back to 1943. They play in the 2nd tier of South Korean football, but are known as giant killers in cup matches. They have taken to task several K-League clubs in the Korean FA Cup, showing they are no pushovers.

They won the Samgsung Life Korea National League Title in 2005.

The Stats

Year Founded: 1943

Nickname: Korail

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

The Stadium - Auxiliary Stadium

Year Built: 2005

Capacity: 5 000 all-seater

Owner/Rent: $9K/year

Facilities

Corporate: Good

Training: Basic

Youth: None

Junior Coaching: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

Here is the Auxiliary Stadium. We play on the practice pitch (in front) for Incheon United FC who play in the main stadium (pictured in back).

p32800152.jpg

Currently, the club is struggling.

standingsd.png

However, the playoffs are still very possible. I'll have to see what my squad looks like as then go from there.

Good luck. Your stadium certainly looks dwarfed by Incheon United's!

Yeah, we are definitely tiny!

Nice to see you in Asia :). I always like an Asian save :).

Cheers, Raware!

I love the comparison.

Thanks, deltablue. It's how I usually judge my beginning job offers. Also, as I like to play as though I was making the decisions for me personally, I also look into where the club is, the city, etc. Bit of a nerd, I know ;)

Good luck. I'm sure everyone at the club, yourself included, would rather be in that bigger stadium.

Talk about playing in the shadows of the bigger club in the bigger stadium in the city, and I mean literally sometimes... ;)

2011 The Takeover

47f469458b8a4.gif

We're just past the halfway mark of the season, so here is a combined update to show where the club is as I take over.

The Stats

Samsung Life Korea National League: Reach the Playoffs (will not be judged this year)

KFA Cup: Already exited

Korea National League Championship: Already exited

Media Prediction: 4th of 14

Wage Budget: $478 234

Currently Spending: $419 910 ($58 324 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $85 976

Kit Sponsorship: $54 760 (expires 2014)

Average Ticket Price: $2.60

Average Season Ticket Price: $48.00

Season Ticket Holders: 347

Estimated Value: $3.6M

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Been kind of a mediocre season for the club so far. Not sure what the reasons are; however, I think it's a combination of squad, tactics, and previous management.

Goals

• Hire backroom staff
  • Begin to reform the squad
  • Finish no lower than our current position (10th)

Eleven matches is not much time to really mount a serious challenge, especially with how lackig this squad is. They're been playing a 3-5-2 and have littel room to maneuvre. No fullbacks on the squad is really limiting. Will have my work cut out for me.

Yes, well I definitely often look at more stuff when making a decision than just the offer and position.

Indeed. Just makes sense.

Good luck. I'm sure everyone at the club, yourself included, would rather be in that bigger stadium.

Talk about playing in the shadows of the bigger club in the bigger stadium in the city, and I mean literally sometimes... ;)

Thanks, rancer. ANd you're right...that stadium is a looming shadow!

July 2011 Update

47f469458b8a4.gif

I've decided for this career, I'm going to try monthly updates.

The Matches

We were able to fit in a friendly match before our first league game. The main goal is to get tactically proficient as quick as possible and to get our new players match fit. No real surprises here. Suwon City is leading the league a loss was expected. However, I was disappointed we couldn't pick up the much expected win against Ansan.

julyj.png

The Standings

standingsn.png

Managerial Thoughts

If we can get our act together, we have a real chance of making the playoffs. However, that won't happen without getting our squad to player well together within our tactic. With only 9 matches left to go in the season, I'm just not sure if it's enough time.

August 2011 Update

47f469458b8a4.gif

The Matches

I can't buy a win. The only goal I got in league play this month was an own goal. On top of this, over 10 of my players have come to me concerned that I'm trying to get rid of them. Given that they don't have the skill to play for a pre-novice team, they should just have the decency to leave. I hope we turn it around soon, but we're still trying to learn a tactic. Just not gelling.

fixkk.png

The Standings

standk.png

Managerial Thoughts

Still no change to our position, but the opportunities to move up are slipping away. It's odd...I'm actually getting the feeling that this squad genuinely doesn't like me. The massive complaining to me, the lack of desire to play, it all is adding up.

Learn some Korean, and then maybe things will change... ;)

At least you don't have relegation to deal with. :thup:

Here we go again... ;)

Good luck with the Railroad; looks like a tough start so far.

Been a tough start, but I hope to change it :)

Cute mascot.

Yup. Attracting the little fans, I guess.

September 2011 Update

47f469458b8a4.gif

The Matches

A much better month for Incheon! First, all players that had complained were given free transfers. It cost a bit but the morale in the locker room instantly changed. A run of three wins, all clean sheets, has changed our fortunes. We lost an epic match against Daejeon to an own goal in the final five minutes, but all in all, the month was a nice change.

fixvu.png

The Standings

standingsv.png

Managerial Thoughts

We've recaptured 10th spot and have moved into a challenge for the playoffs. However, with only 3 matches left in the season, we will need a few matches for other clubs to fall our way. In order to even have an outside chance, we need to pick up 7 of the 9 possible points. Even that may not be enough, but I'll be happy with a solid attempt at this stage.

Thats a bit more like it.
There's a chance at playoffs.

Cheers, deltablue and rancer :)

Those goals look similar ;)

I pay homage to you ,sir! ;)

October 2011 Update

47f469458b8a4.gif

The Matches

Well, it turns out that if we had won all 3 matches this month, we would have made the playoffs. Alas, our middle match didn't work out as planned. The squad didn't come into the game all that well, but a penalty awarded to Yongin City gave them the lead and turned the match against us. The real kicker is that it was never a penalty. I reacted to the call in the media and the Korean FA remained silent, proving to me that they felt as I did. It hurts to see our entire season defined by one bad call, but it happens. All we can do it sit back, lick our wounds, and build for next season. At least now I'll have the chance to make the squad as I want.

fixts.png

The Standings

standc.png

Managerial Thoughts

We finish in a three-way tie for 7th place and only down by goal difference. However, this tells me that next year, we will be able to compete. We've also been hurt that the one foreign player I brought it asked for a leave of absense due to homesickness. The day he returned, he asked for another leave. He's 35 years old and misses his mother...

More to follow in the year end review once the playoffs are completed! :)

Good Luck with this Cerud. Shame about your other one. Not a bad end to the season really, but the Yongin result should've been a win for you as they finished below you. Good luck next season in Korea!

Cheers, TheGreatTraveler. I knew this season would be tough because I only had little time to go. But next season should be different.

Good luck next season cerud. By the time you shape your squad, there will be promotion to the K-League and your league title might actually mean something. ;)

Thanks, rancer. I wish there was promotion/relegation in South Korea, but at least it'll ease me into management :)

2011 Season in Review

47f469458b8a4.gif

9th Place

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - My record with Incheon this season was W 5, D, 2, L 4. A decent record for a new manager coming in during the middle of the season. Still stinging from the loss against Yongin City, but next season we'll be back stronger.

The Cups

Korean FA Cup - We had already exited this competition before I came on board.

Korea National League Championship - Same with this, we were already out of this before I started with Incheon.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 37 (7th in league)

Goals Conceded - 42 (12th in league)

Average Attendance - 724 (7th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - I ended up having to spent quite a lot of money getting rid of a bunch of dead weight. Every player I let got had a 0.5 star rating and would never have a chance on the squad. However, they had to go because they were a disruption to squad cohesion. Of the players I brought in, they did well. My solitary foreign player is homesick though, which could be a problem.

Lee Ik-Hoon - ST - Ik-Hoon was already here when I came and was the lead goalscorer on the squad. He's problem to only standout of a rather mediocre season.

The Backroom

Finances - Not the greatest, but that's because of all the players' contracts we had to buy out.

Facilities - A good, new stadium. We have room to grow into it so no changes as of yet.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Hire backroom staff - Achieved, but rather simple.
  • Begin to reform the squad - Achieved, but they didn't make it easy and it cost us.
  • Finish no lower than 10th place - Achieved. A 9th place finish is decent but it could have been better.

Plans for Next Season

I have been offered a one-year contract at $62 000/year which I have accepted. My goal is to make the playoffs of better. I'd like to make a serious push for the league title before I move on, but we'll see.

Decent ending to the season. With a full off season you'll be able to build your squad and get into the playoffs :thup:
Not to bad fella. Next season will be yours :thup:.
Tough start but you finished well,you'll have a full season to play with next season.
Next season should be play-offs for sure. How much avaible wage and Transger budget do you have?
Good to see some late improvement, should be much stronger when you have a full season to go for.
Good luck for next season, hopefully you can improve and build the squad to how you want it now.

Cheers fellas. TheGreatTraveller, my pre-season update will highlight budgets.

2012 Pre-Season

47f469458b8a4.gif

The Stats

Samsung Life Korea National League: Reach the Playoffs.

KFA Cup: Reach the 3rd Round

Korea National League Championship: Make the semi-finals

Media Prediction: 6th of 14

Bwin Promotion Odds: 8-1 (not really promotion since there is none in this league)

Wage Budget: $448 698 (- $29 536 from last season)

Currently Spending: $434 886 ($13 812 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $85 976 (same as last year)

Kit Sponsorship: $54 760 (expires 2014)

TV Deal Rights: $24 000

Average Ticket Price: $2.60 (same as last year)

Average Season Ticket Price: $48.00 (same as last year)

Season Ticket Holders: 350 (+ 3 from last year)

Estimated Value: $3.6M (same as last year)

National Club Ranking in South Korea: 20th

Goals

• Make the Playoffs.
  • Find a quality goalkeeper.
  • Turn a profit.

The budget will be tight, but I have the bones of a team already here. Need a quality goalkeeper to make the spine and should be good.

Awesome...so one of my best centrebacks has mandatory military service for 2 years, has been taken from my team and given to another team on loan, and I still am being make to pay his contract. If he's still playing for a team, why can't he just stay with our club? And if he must leave, why can't they pay his wages???

Awesome...so one of my best centrebacks has mandatory military service for 2 years, has been taken from my team and given to another team on loan, and I still am being make to pay his contract. If he's still playing for a team, why can't he just stay with our club? And if he must leave, why can't they pay his wages???

It's mandatory for fit Korean males to go fulfill military. In FM since you don't have him for a couple years (~20 months of service) he's taken on loan to the military team in Korea. And since it's mandatory, most employers can't really sack their employees on duty, and the government isn't going to be paying the salaries of many young males, so the employers still have to pay them, so your CB's salary is still on your books.

It's mandatory for fit Korean males to go fulfill military. In FM since you don't have him for a couple years (~20 months of service) he's taken on loan to the military team in Korea. And since it's mandatory, most employers can't really sack their employees on duty, and the government isn't going to be paying the salaries of many young males, so the employers still have to pay them, so your CB's salary is still on your books.

Great...so when his military service is up, his contract is done with me and I lose him as a player entirely. Sounds like a great way to stack the military team without having to pay for players. I should get into that racket.

2012 End of Pre-Season

47f469458b8a4.gif

The Matches

South Korea - Chungju Hummel Korea - won 4-1

South Korea - FC Pocheon - won 8-0

South Korea - Yesan FC - won 5-0

South Korea - Yongin City - lost 1-2

South Korea - Seoul National University - won 7-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - Not too much movement in this off-season. It was difficult to find players I wanted that weren't snatched up by the K-League.

Heo Sung-Won - GK - He wasn't the goalkeeper I wanted, but he was what was available. My assistant manager rates him fairly well at 3.5 stars. I hope he does well.

Jung Jung-Yong - M L - Jung-Yong has played to 2 other teams in the National League and how he's with us. I loike his pace and crossing abilities for the left side of the pitch and hope he puts a few into the box for us.

Pre-Season Thoughts

We haven't added much to the squad, but I'm hoping our depth will help us out. Still trying to sign another defender to give us a few more options. The schedule looks pretty compact in the begininng weeks of the season, so a few more bodies will help out. I'm gunning for the playoffs, but would like to shoot for a top three spot if possible.

March 2012 Update

47f469458b8a4.gif

The Matches

So far, it's been a good opening to this campaign. We've squandered a few clean sheets, but we're getting wins and that's what is important. I also finally beat Yongin City, who were becoming the one team that always pegged me. Felt good.

fixv.png

The Standings

standg.png

Managerial Thoughts

We are the goalscoring team so far this year. The good thing is that it's coming from all over. I'd much rather have a team score by committee rather than only a select few contributing. However, I am worried about the fact we can't hold onto clean sheets. However, I'm subscribing to the philosophy on my Edmonton Oilers from the 1980s in the NHL, where it doesn't matter how many they get against you so long as you get more against them! ;)

Archived