How much notice do you take of your Asst Manager/Coach/Scout?

Just wondered what the general consensus was when using the individual player reports on FMH. You can view what the assistant manager/coach thinks of a player, and you can ask a scout to give his view on a potential signing. However, I often find myself ignoring this advice and basing my opinion purely on the player's stats. More often than not, my judgement goes against my staff and the player ends up doing well for me.

Does anyone else find this or do you find those reports very helpful?

I think all the AI assistants struggle with predicting the likely form of players. Often my best performing players are back up players and not the ones the coaches rate as the best. Scouts are still too ready to recommend poor players or refuse to recommend good players. I think this is because they're too keen to compare scouted players with your best rated players in positions rather than the average standard of player that you have for that position. Having said all that I'm not surprised FMH has issues because the PC game struggles with this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

They are struggling generally with everything in my mind: Actual form and future potential. Finally they do not take into account what you really need, means suggesting Wingers as to be signed at all costs ignoring the fact that i do not play with Wingers or do not have any Winger at all in my team. Therefore it is easy to find 10 great winger as not required must sign!

I think a lot of people recommended an option to define the position to be looked by a scout.

The assistand coach has no value at all for me in the game as well as my Physio!

Oliver

Archived