Board restrictions on wages

Hi everyone, I'm currently playing a save in Spain's lower leagues, have just finished a season and am sorting through contracts. I have this young striker who has scored 24 goals in 33 games, is rated by my assistant coach as 5 stars (potential to be the best player ever for the club) and his contract is up in a month. I absolutely need to re-sign this guy, but the salary cap imposed by the board for a key player is $1700 and this guy will not sign for any lower than $1800. Is there a way I can get the board to raise the salary cap, even if it's for this one player? Speaking directly to the board about wages only raises the club's wage bill but not the individual player's salary cap... and there doesn't seem to be an option to ask the board to negotiate the contract (as there would be if I were trying to land him on a transfer). Help please?

Throw £100 a week on goal bonus or increase team of the year bonus. If you lock out his wage be mindful of what he asks for instead. Sometimes they ask for a ridiculously low release fee.

In Spain players often want a very inlated minimum fee release clause. If it isnt already low, then lower it. Ofcourse, as the negotiations progress, you should eventually try to include all possible clauses and bonuses in the contrct you are offering.

Fire some trash in your second team and you should be able to offer more money to key players like him due to the wage bill being much lower with them not longer on it. It's a stupid bug in the game because if you fire them you have to pay them offer anyway. Can help you keep players though.

Hmmm thanks guys, I think he doesn't want to go any lower than $1800 because it's his current salary, but I'll see what other perks I can offer him. So if I understand you all correctly, the lower the total wage bill is, the higher wages I can offer to key players?

The ridiculous thing is that the contracts of lots of backup players are running out at the same time as his, and once they're off the payroll I will have a low enough wage bill to offer him whatever he wants. But once they're off the payroll at the end of the month, so is he :(

Hmmm thanks guys, I think he doesn't want to go any lower than $1800 because it's his current salary, but I'll see what other perks I can offer him. So if I understand you all correctly, the lower the total wage bill is, the higher wages I can offer to key players?

The ridiculous thing is that the contracts of lots of backup players are running out at the same time as his, and once they're off the payroll I will have a low enough wage bill to offer him whatever he wants. But once they're off the payroll at the end of the month, so is he :(

Just fire backups with 1 month left contracts. Compensation will be very low for them.

Archived