+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not able to Load

Amateur

Default Not able to Load

Hello all

Playing my first season, all going well (unbeaten in the league) and quite far into the season now.

Now the game wont load, on the front screen it has continue button, but it is in grey?
    Gives me the option to start a new game, which i obviously dont want to do.

Any clues?

Re-booted and removed the SD Card on many occasions now - (no joy)

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi, can you let me know what type of phone/tablet you have and whether you've experienced any crashes on exiting the game?

Amateur

Hi

HTC sensation - No crashing was very quick when using it, saved then exited, now only gives me the option of a new game

Sorry you've experienced this, it sounds as if it may be related to an issue that has been reported a couple of times on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (but never on the HTC Sensation) where something goes wrong exiting the game leading to issues recovering savegames.

Just to double-check, if you browse into the fmh_data/save_games folder on your phone with a file manager app, what do you see?

I've got the same issue on a HTC desire us. All of the files appear to be in the saved game folder. Is there anyway to recover it?

Quote Originally Posted by mne2 View Post
    I've got the same issue on a HTC desire us. All of the files appear to be in the saved game folder. Is there anyway to recover it?
    Hi, if you can send the save games to me at alari.naylor@sigames.com I'll have a look to see what sort of condition they are in. Did you experience the game crashing on exit at all?

No crashes but something odd happened as I couldn't do anything with the files other than rename them. I tried to connect my phone to windows pc and they just vanished! Sorry not much help but before they disappeared the auto saves and the normal save were showing as being there.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

No crashes but something odd happened as I couldn't do anything with the files other than rename them. I tried to connect my phone to windows pc and they just vanished! Sorry not much help but before they disappeared the auto saves and the normal save were showing as being there.
    When you plus an Android device into a computer depending on the device/OS it might make the SD Card unavailable.

This is only an issue if you've installed the game to the SD Card or have your saves upon it - if this is the case then they might dissapear from the app until you disconnect the device and restart the app.

PS - When you were plugged into the PC did you run the game up? - if so did it do a data install? ... if so then because the SD Card wasn't available it installed onto internal memory and is probably 'facing' that now instead of your SD Card.

If thats the case please uninstall the game and then reinstall it, an uninstall should sort things out with a bit of luck (if not poke around for a duplicate fmh_data directory on your internal device memory and then delete that area (backing up any saves/data you want from it first)).

Also - depending on the exact inner workings of the device, it's sometimes not possible to access save games via plugging the device into a PC. Could you try using a wi-fi based file explorer app to transfer them? There's a number out there, both free and paid.
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 27-07-2012 at 12:48.

Just to clarify. The game was not running when I plugged it in - I was just attempting to recover the save game. I could access all files in the other folders beneath saved games

When I say they disappeared what happened was prior to connecting to pc they were showing in file manager but not accessible. As soon as I plugged into pc and went to Windows explorer I could see the folder but there were no files. When I remounted the ad card and disconnected they no longer showed in phone file manager.
    Last edited by mne2; 27-07-2012 at 13:32.

Just to clarify. The game was not running when I plugged it in - I was just attempting to recover the save game. I could access all files in the other folders beneath saved games

When I say they disappeared what happened was prior to connecting to pc they were showing in file manager but not accessible. As soon as I plugged into pc and went to Windows explorer I could see the folder but there were no files. When I remounted the ad card and disconnected they no longer showed in phone file manager.
    That sounds very odd indeed. Does that mean there's no longer anywhere from which you can see the files?

+ Reply to Thread