Spain - Liga Adelete

Italy - Serie B

US - MLS

Germany - Bundesliga

Holland - Eredvise

France - National

Scotland - 2nd division

Challenge

To begin with wigan and using a Barcelona philosophy (like everyone attempts) produce young footballers in a 4-3-3 tactic. Look to take this philosophy across Europe and onto the International scene. When managing an International side i'll take it on a full-time bases rather than part-time. I'd also like to stay at Wigan atleast until a win a cup or break into the top four.

Overall Goals

To Win a Trophy With Wigan

To Break The Top Four With Wigan

To Win the European Cup With Three Different Teams

To Win Two International Competitions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Overview

Season One - Wigan - League Finish - 12th

- Cup Competitions - N/A

Seaon Two - Wigan - League Finish - 10th

- Cup Competitions - N/A

Season Three - Wigan - League Finish - 8th

- Cup competitions - N/A

Season Four - Wigan - League Finish - 4th (qualified for champions league

- Cup Competitions - Carling Cup Champions

Season Five - Wigan - League Finish - 7th

- Cup Competitions - Europa League Champions

Season Six - Barcelona - League Finish - 1st (Most points and goals ever)

- Cup Competitions - N/A

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season One - Ten Match Update

Summary

Overall not a fantastic start to the season, just look to avoid relegation with a very very below average squad. Looked to improve certain areas this summer but will shop more next summer. The league campaign began horrendously which was partly due to the first three fixtures draining us off confidence, but we've picked up towards the back end.

Transfers

wigantransfershistory.png

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovq.png

Fixtures

wiganathleticfixturesfi.png

Squad Performance

wiganathleticsquadplaye.png

Update two - twenty match update

Summary

Another run that started diabolically, it seems as though the money spent on Jordan Rhodes could have been better spent somewhere else. An astonishing result away at the Arsenal, but its time to press on and try and keep this club in the league. We've really suffered from key injuries too Moses (torn calf) Figeuroa (broken leg) and Diame (damaged neck)

Need to start to strengthen the quality not depth of the squad. Will look to secure some bosnam transfers early on in January

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovk.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

It should get better for you, i had the same bad first half of the season with Fulham. But then i started playing really defensively to grind out some draws and here and there i won with 1-0.

Nice read, keep it up!

Update Three - Thirty Match Update

January Transfers

In

Karim Ait Fana - £5m

Barry Bannan - LN625K

Danny Rose - LN

Out

Albert Crusat - Mallorca - £1m

Mike Pollit - Released

David Jones - Watford - £1m

Rob Kiernan - Luton - Free

Summary

An astonishing run of results that have really seen the team come together. A mixture of minor tactical tweeks and the summer signings settling in led to amazing results at both the DW and at places like Old Trafford and The Hawthorns. Gary Hooper has been on fire and two hattricks from defender Alex Pearce, with two penalties, were two more highlights. We now look all but safe which is all i wanted at the start of the season, we now aim to finish as high as possible and despite a tough run of fixtures we may even finish in the top ten.

League Table

barclayspremierleagueov.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

These fantastic performances have led to me being linked to a whole host of jobs very unexpectedly, nearly every manager that has been sacked in the Premier League. I've also been linked to the Chelsea job if Di Matteo is not kept on (however i dont see it) but the one job i have been continously linked too since January is the following.

oliverconnollynewsinbox.png

It should get better for you, i had the same bad first half of the season with Fulham. But then i started playing really defensively to grind out some draws and here and there i won with 1-0.

Nice read, keep it up!

Cheers mate, yeah the results have picked up massively, i'm determined to continue playing my football which can get you in to trouble at the bottom end of the table, but ive changed my tactics to more counter attacking than imposing myself on the game

Update Four - End Of Season Update

Summary

Well we faded away towards the end of the season, with survival virtually secured after a fantastic string of results from January to March. The highlight of the end of the season being trouncing Liverpool 3-0 at the DW.

League Table

Fixtures

wiganathleticfixturesfip.png

Squad Performance

A close season update to follow :) ..... thoughts guys on the season/signings/moving forward or moving clubs....

End Of Season Summary

England:

League Champions - Manchester Utd

Champions League - Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham

Relegated - Newcastle, Norwich, Bolton

Overachievers - Stoke

Underperformers - Newcastle

Player Of The Year - Wayne Rooney (Manchester Utd)

Young Player of the Year - Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)

Manager Of The Year - Tony Pulis (Stoke)

Spain:

League Champions - Barcelona

Champions League - Real Madrid, Valencia, Betis

Relegated - R.Sociedad, Levante, Zaragoza

Overachievers - Betis (4th)

Underperformers - Sevilla (16th)

Player Of The Year - Cesc Fabregas

Manager Of The Year - Pepe Mel (Betis)

Italy:

League Champions - A.C Milan

Champions League - Napoli, Fiorentina

Relegated - Novara, Catania, Chievo

Overachievers - Leece (6th)

Underperformers - Palermo (16th)

Player Of The Year - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (A.C Milan)

Young Player of the Year - Alexandre Pato (A.C Milan)

Manager Of The Year - Massamilliano Allegri (A.C Milan)

Scotland:

League Champions - Rangers

Champions League - Celtic

Relegated - St.Mirren

Overachievers - Inverness CT

Underperformers - Dundee Utd

Player Of The Year - Lee Wallace (Rangers)

Young Player of the Year - Nick Ross (Inverness CT)

Manager Of The Year - Ally Mcoist

Holland:

League Champions - Ajax

Champions League - FC Twente

Relegated - RKC, Excelsoir

Overachievers - NEC (4th)

Underperformers - PSV (7th)

Germany:

League Champions - Bayern Munich

Champions League - Werder Bremen, HSV, Leverkusen

Relegated - Augsburg, Kaiserslauten

Overachievers - Hamburg (3rd)

Underperformers - Borussia Dortmund (8th)

France:

League Champions - Paris Saint-German

Champions League - Olympique Lyonnais, Marseille

Relegated - Stade Melberhe Caen, Stade Rennais, Dijon FCO

Overachievers - FC Lorient (9th, qualified for Europa League)

Underperformers - Stade Rennais (20th)

Npower Championship

Champions - West Ham

Promoted - Southampton, Reading

Champions League

Winner - Barcelona (Quadrouple winners)

Runner Up - Manchester Utd

Player of the Tournement - Lionel Messi

Wigan - End Of Season Review

Wigan-fans.jpg

Overall it was for me a good season, the squad is deffinetley Championship standard but was able to punch above its weight in the premier league. For me the side was far too over-relient on Hooper for goals so will look to address that in the off-season, with more tactical changes and as many transfers as i can make. My tactic became alot more counter-attacking than controlling the play due to the poor nature of my squad, so next season i'll look to bring in players to impose myself on the opposition much more. (very hard to play this style with first XI players like Jordi Gomez!)

Player Of The Year

Gary Hooper

Top Five Moments

1: Away 1-0 win at the Emirates

2: Crushing Manchester City 4-0 at Home

3: 2-2 draw at Old Trafford

4: 7-0 away win at West Brom

5: Keeping our Premier League status.

Top Transfer Targets

Gylfi Sigurroson

Romario

Christian Tello

Yoann Cabaye

Hatem Ben Arfa

Stuart Holden

A pacey centre half

As i plot this off-season revolution at the DW, I have had an extremley tempting offer from down south.

Abit dissapointed with the money on offer, but in a Chelski revolution i could gain a lot of capital, would be a great feeling to make them 'Barcelona in Blue' and lead them too their first European Cup crown. But i feel as though there is unfinished business at Wigan. I could always return? I may not get a better offer for a while, what do you think?

Decent season. As for the decision, I guess it depends on how you're playing this save. Are you playing close to real life? Then is is better wages for you? The club is bigger, so there's that. If you want to grow a club, then stick with Wigan.

Pulled off the big transfer off the summer! very much depleted the clubs finances which im now looking to balance! But im very very pleased with the big signing ....

Also managed to buy this lad from Southampton (a fantastic place to poach young talent) The coaches are very excited, a little dissapointed with his pace but i think he could be special

shaneallinsonoverviewpr.png

Off-Season of Upheaval at the DW

Firstly I signed a new one-year contract with Wigan - which would allow me to leave at the end of the season, if i decide too

Transfers

Other Out Transfers (missed off the bottom)

Shaun Maloney - Ipswich - LN525K

Roman Golobart - Bari - 625k

Mauro Bosseli - West Brom - £4m

Steve Gohuri - Blackburn -£1.6m

Nouha Dicko - Colchester - 250k

Jean Beausejour - West Ham - £5m

Transfer Summary

Barry Bannan - Good exciting, home grown, propect. He fitted well into the system last year so can just continue that form, and at 2m has plent of 're-sale' value

Stuart Holden - Became a target after Bolton's relegation. Can use the ball well and adds nice depth to the squad.

Pappis Cisse - The 'blockbuster' signing of the summer, fantastic predatory goalscorer who can play in tandom with either Holt or Hooper. Should bring goals,goals,goals.

Owen Hargreaves - great steal on a one-year deal. good tutour despite being injury prone will help nurture young talent.

Roysten Drenthe - Helps improve the squad, very versatile, will probally look to sell at the end of the year, as he has a huge yearly wage increase bonus.

Ryo Miayichi - Exciting Japanese talent. Nice to get him in on loan and take a look before looking to purchase next season.

Sasa Papac - Good experience again offers a different left back to Maynor, and good for young players again.

Mehemt Topal - a good coup for the club, we're getting more and more international players in, another versatile player to help bolster the squad.

Sam Walker - back up goalkeeper, with quite poor potential but enough to back up Ali who rarley misses a game (also a friend of mine)

Countinho - outstanding talent, lack of team ethic but a deffinte major target after his loan year this season.

Jerry Vandam - Desperatley needed a RB after releasing Boyce and losing Stam to gain money. Vandam was the cheapest 'steady' player all the others were boom/bust players. Still looking to bring in Romario next summer.

Juame Costa - just another face to the squad, who can play anywhere down the left side or in the middle of the park.

Gylfi Sigurosson - The top target this summer, and an absolute bargain at £6.5m initially rejected us at the start off the summer, but with no other offers he chose the DW as his new home and the team will be built around his creative brilliance.

Christian Tello - a big favourite of mine. Remember seeing him aged 15 and watch him progress vastly. Was going to sign him permenantly but with his contract up next season it was much cheaper to loan him now and then bag him for free on a bosman in January.

Grant Holt - Brought as a back up to Hooper and Cisse, very cheap transfer and wages, and will be as effective as Rhodes was (who was very dissapointing)

Overall

Very happy with my business, want to build a La Masia, at Wigan (I know) and to do that we first must boost our reputation. Signing so many internationals and great tutours was brilliant, some areas excell more than other but we assembled a great, great squad in my eyes.

Staff Additions

With Graeme Jones being out of contract i was able to bring in my trusty eight-hand-man in Ellio Carraveta.

Also drastically improved my youth coaches bringing in:

John Murtough

Dario Gradi

Mark Chamberlain (hopefully help me to bring in the OX!)

Pre-Season Frendlies

Lecce got taken over in my Carlisle save that i'm doing at the moment, seem to remember they went from a 'poor' state to a 'rich' level within a week, shows you how good an Italian chairwoman is :D. God knows how much money they have now..

Lecce got taken over in my Carlisle save that i'm doing at the moment, seem to remember they went from a 'poor' state to a 'rich' level within a week, shows you how good an Italian chairwoman is :D. God knows how much money they have now..

haha love it!

Would people prefer, month by month fixture updates or the ten game format??

Season Two - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary

An ok start to the year. eleven points from ten games, displayes how we are currently stuck between a very good team and a very poor team, as does the goal difference of plus one. The stand out performers so far have been Alex Pearce, who after a disaterous start to his career at Wigan is become a real rock at centre-half, and Ryo Miyachi who is proving to be a real game changer. Hoping for more firepower from Pappis Cisse after he returns from his injury so far he has been a little underwhelming but he still has to get use to the wave lengths of his team mates

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

and the takeover at Leece did indeed go through. So i will keep an eye out for them and see if they become a dominant domestic or continental force.

Update Two - Twenty Game Update

Summary

A good stretch of games all in all. We seem to have something over United at Old Trafford. We've made the move to the pass-and-move 'La Masia' approach of Barcelona, from our more counter-attacking style. It's worked a treat, Gylfi and Bannan have been Xavi and Iniesta esq. The stretch of 2-1 wins were all won by last minute winners and after going 1-0 down. simply brilliant!

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovd.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

We've been creating so many chances and im so impressed with the pass and move approach generating around 60% possesion each game, this being my favourite match....

wiganvsouthamptoninform.png

Update Three - Thirty Match update

Transfers

In

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - LN225K - Versattile guy to fill a couple of holes after letting some players move on

Out

Joe Ledley - Blackpool - £2.5m - was being outplayed by Bannan and McCarthey alongside Gylfi, with 20k wages was moved on.

Royston Drenthe - Villareal - LN 1m - Very high wages and wasnt getting a game.

Summary

A run that has seen us dip in form, we seem to lack consistancy now, were looking good until the 4 game losing streak. Still aiming for seventh, and if things go for us we could even finish in the Europa league.

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovh.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Update Four - End Of Season Update

Summary

A good finish to the season after we got over our slump. Finishing tenth is a tad dissapointing after the way we started the season. I think i'll stay on for another year as there arnt too many jobs that are moves up out there. Delighted with the away wins at Southampton and Aston Villa.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

End Of Season Summary

England:

League Champions - Manchester City

Champions League - Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

Relegated - Wolves, Blackburn, Reading

Overachievers - Fulham

Underperformers - Sunderland

Player Of The Year - Robin Van Persie (Arsenal)

Young Player of the Year - Gylfi Sigurosson (Wigan)

Manager Of The Year - Roberto Mancini (Manchester City)

Spain:

League Champions - Barcelona

Champions League - Real Madrid, Sevilla, Athletico Madrid

Relegated - Hercules, Deportivo, Granada

Overachievers - Espnayol (5th)

Underperformers - Malaga (7th)

Player Of The Year - Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)

Manager Of The Year - Pep Guardiola (Barcelona)

Italy:

League Champions - A.C Milan

Champions League - Genoa, Atlanta

Relegated - Bari, Brescia, Sampdoria

Overachievers - Genoa (2nd)

Underperformers - Napoli (16th)

Player Of The Year - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (A.C Milan)

Young Player of the Year - Steven Jovetic (Fiorentina)

Manager Of The Year - Stefano Colantuono (Atlanta)

Scotland:

League Champions - Celtic

Champions League - N/A (lost their 2nd place)

Relegated - Falkirk

Overachievers - Dunfermline (5th)

Underperformers - Hearts (8th)

Player Of The Year - Anthony Modeste (Celtic)

Young Player of the Year - Adam Matthews (Celtic)

Manager Of The Year - Neil Lennon (Celtic)

Holland:

League Champions - FC Twente

Champions League - PSV

Relegated - De Graaschap

Overachievers - Vittese (7th)

Underperformers - Ajax (8th)

Germany:

League Champions - Bayern Munich

Champions League - HSF, Frankfurt, Schalke

Relegated - Mainz, Freiburg

Overachievers - Frankfurt (3rd)

Underperformers - Borussia Dortmund (8th)

France:

League Champions - Marseille

Champions League - PSG, Olympique Lyonnais

Relegated - Monaco, AJ Auxerre, SC Bastia

Overachievers - Sochaux (5th)

Underperformers - Lille (9th)

Npower Championship

Champions -Cardiff

Promoted - Newcastle, Birmingham

Champions League

Winner - Real Madrid

Runner Up - Manchester Utd

Player of the Tournement - Cristiano Ronaldo

Wigan - Season Review

2483090615.jpg

A season i'm very happy with, dissapointed with the 2nd half of the season. Which after the upheival in the summer was very suprising. We are going to press on next year after i signed a new one year contract.The goal for next season is to continue to increase the quality of the squad and make a push for European places, as well as a succesful cup run.

Player Of The Year

Gylfi Sigurdson

gylfisigurssonhistoryca.png

Top Five Moments

1: 2-2 Draw at Old Trafford

2: Sigurdson winning PFA Young Player of the Year

3: Having 70% of possesion away at Swansea

4: three, last minute winners in a row

5: Keeping our Premier League status.

Top Transfer Targets

Jordan Henderson

Romario

Steven Caulker

Christian Tello

Wigan Give Strong Display In Pre-Season

New Kits

wigankits.png

Pre-Season

Transfers (as of August 8th)

Absolutley delighted with my summer dealings, to get Muniain is spectacular for the club. Was shocked to see him not only transfer listed but interested in the club! This is my first ever 48month deal (simply had to be done to get him) so im going to have to sell some more people before the end of the month to balance the books.

Season Three - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary

A fantastic start to the season for us, i'm absolutley over the moon. Stunning victories away at Liverpool and home to Chelsea are highlights. Against Chelsea we played them off the park and just two mistakes allowed them back in, but eventually we got the victory we deserved. It is a start that has once again seen me linked with top jobs, a brazilian Tycoon looking to takeover Almeria has said if he is succesful i would be his choice for manager.

The Inter Milan job is also about to be open, both interesting prospects but i still have a lot to do with Wigan.

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovd.png

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Chelsea Game

wiganvchelseainformatiop.png

Archived