Spain - Liga Adelete
    Italy - Serie B
    US - MLS
    Germany - Bundesliga
    Holland - Eredvise
    France - National
    Scotland - 2nd division

Challenge

To begin with wigan and using a Barcelona philosophy (like everyone attempts) produce young footballers in a 4-3-3 tactic. Look to take this philosophy across Europe and onto the International scene. When managing an International side i'll take it on a full-time bases rather than part-time. I'd also like to stay at Wigan atleast until a win a cup or break into the top four.

Overall Goals

To Win a Trophy With Wigan
    To Break The Top Four With Wigan
    To Win the European Cup With Three Different Teams
    To Win Two International Competitions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Overview

Season One - Wigan - League Finish - 12th
    - Cup Competitions - N/A

Seaon Two - Wigan - League Finish - 10th
    - Cup Competitions - N/A

Season Three - Wigan - League Finish - 8th
    - Cup competitions - N/A

Season Four - Wigan - League Finish - 4th (qualified for champions league
    - Cup Competitions - Carling Cup Champions

Season Five - Wigan - League Finish - 7th
    - Cup Competitions - Europa League Champions

Season Six - Barcelona - League Finish - 1st (Most points and goals ever)
    - Cup Competitions - N/A

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 17-05-2012 at 17:27.

Season One - Ten Match Update

Summary

Overall not a fantastic start to the season, just look to avoid relegation with a very very below average squad. Looked to improve certain areas this summer but will shop more next summer. The league campaign began horrendously which was partly due to the first three fixtures draining us off confidence, but we've picked up towards the back end.

Transfers

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Update two - twenty match update

Summary

Another run that started diabolically, it seems as though the money spent on Jordan Rhodes could have been better spent somewhere else. An astonishing result away at the Arsenal, but its time to press on and try and keep this club in the league. We've really suffered from key injuries too Moses (torn calf) Figeuroa (broken leg) and Diame (damaged neck)
    Need to start to strengthen the quality not depth of the squad. Will look to secure some bosnam transfers early on in January

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Amateur

It should get better for you, i had the same bad first half of the season with Fulham. But then i started playing really defensively to grind out some draws and here and there i won with 1-0.

Nice read, keep it up!

Update Three - Thirty Match Update

January Transfers
    In

Karim Ait Fana - £5m
    Barry Bannan - LN625K
    Danny Rose - LN

Out
    Albert Crusat - Mallorca - £1m
    Mike Pollit - Released
    David Jones - Watford - £1m
    Rob Kiernan - Luton - Free

Summary

An astonishing run of results that have really seen the team come together. A mixture of minor tactical tweeks and the summer signings settling in led to amazing results at both the DW and at places like Old Trafford and The Hawthorns. Gary Hooper has been on fire and two hattricks from defender Alex Pearce, with two penalties, were two more highlights. We now look all but safe which is all i wanted at the start of the season, we now aim to finish as high as possible and despite a tough run of fixtures we may even finish in the top ten.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

These fantastic performances have led to me being linked to a whole host of jobs very unexpectedly, nearly every manager that has been sacked in the Premier League. I've also been linked to the Chelsea job if Di Matteo is not kept on (however i dont see it) but the one job i have been continously linked too since January is the following.

Quote Originally Posted by wouterdl View Post
    It should get better for you, i had the same bad first half of the season with Fulham. But then i started playing really defensively to grind out some draws and here and there i won with 1-0.

Nice read, keep it up!
    Cheers mate, yeah the results have picked up massively, i'm determined to continue playing my football which can get you in to trouble at the bottom end of the table, but ive changed my tactics to more counter attacking than imposing myself on the game

Update Four - End Of Season Update

Summary

Well we faded away towards the end of the season, with survival virtually secured after a fantastic string of results from January to March. The highlight of the end of the season being trouncing Liverpool 3-0 at the DW.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

A close season update to follow ..... thoughts guys on the season/signings/moving forward or moving clubs....

End Of Season Summary

England:

League Champions - Manchester Utd
    Champions League - Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham
    Relegated - Newcastle, Norwich, Bolton
    Overachievers - Stoke
    Underperformers - Newcastle
    Player Of The Year - Wayne Rooney (Manchester Utd)
    Young Player of the Year - Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
    Manager Of The Year - Tony Pulis (Stoke)

Spain:

League Champions - Barcelona
    Champions League - Real Madrid, Valencia, Betis
    Relegated - R.Sociedad, Levante, Zaragoza
    Overachievers - Betis (4th)
    Underperformers - Sevilla (16th)
    Player Of The Year - Cesc Fabregas
    Manager Of The Year - Pepe Mel (Betis)

Italy:

League Champions - A.C Milan
    Champions League - Napoli, Fiorentina
    Relegated - Novara, Catania, Chievo
    Overachievers - Leece (6th)
    Underperformers - Palermo (16th)
    Player Of The Year - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (A.C Milan)
    Young Player of the Year - Alexandre Pato (A.C Milan)
    Manager Of The Year - Massamilliano Allegri (A.C Milan)

Scotland:

League Champions - Rangers
    Champions League - Celtic
    Relegated - St.Mirren
    Overachievers - Inverness CT
    Underperformers - Dundee Utd
    Player Of The Year - Lee Wallace (Rangers)
    Young Player of the Year - Nick Ross (Inverness CT)
    Manager Of The Year - Ally Mcoist

Holland:

League Champions - Ajax
    Champions League - FC Twente
    Relegated - RKC, Excelsoir
    Overachievers - NEC (4th)
    Underperformers - PSV (7th)

Germany:

League Champions - Bayern Munich
    Champions League - Werder Bremen, HSV, Leverkusen
    Relegated - Augsburg, Kaiserslauten
    Overachievers - Hamburg (3rd)
    Underperformers - Borussia Dortmund (8th)

France:

League Champions - Paris Saint-German
    Champions League - Olympique Lyonnais, Marseille
    Relegated - Stade Melberhe Caen, Stade Rennais, Dijon FCO
    Overachievers - FC Lorient (9th, qualified for Europa League)
    Underperformers - Stade Rennais (20th)

Npower Championship

Champions - West Ham
    Promoted - Southampton, Reading

Champions League

Winner - Barcelona (Quadrouple winners)
    Runner Up - Manchester Utd
    Player of the Tournement - Lionel Messi

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 06-05-2012 at 18:52.

Wigan - End Of Season Review

Overall it was for me a good season, the squad is deffinetley Championship standard but was able to punch above its weight in the premier league. For me the side was far too over-relient on Hooper for goals so will look to address that in the off-season, with more tactical changes and as many transfers as i can make. My tactic became alot more counter-attacking than controlling the play due to the poor nature of my squad, so next season i'll look to bring in players to impose myself on the opposition much more. (very hard to play this style with first XI players like Jordi Gomez!)

Player Of The Year

Gary Hooper

Top Five Moments

1: Away 1-0 win at the Emirates
    2: Crushing Manchester City 4-0 at Home
    3: 2-2 draw at Old Trafford
    4: 7-0 away win at West Brom
    5: Keeping our Premier League status.

Top Transfer Targets

Gylfi Sigurroson
    Romario
    Christian Tello
    Yoann Cabaye
    Hatem Ben Arfa
    Stuart Holden

A pacey centre half

As i plot this off-season revolution at the DW, I have had an extremley tempting offer from down south.

Abit dissapointed with the money on offer, but in a Chelski revolution i could gain a lot of capital, would be a great feeling to make them 'Barcelona in Blue' and lead them too their first European Cup crown. But i feel as though there is unfinished business at Wigan. I could always return? I may not get a better offer for a while, what do you think?

Need help on whether to go or stay?!? want to continue this evening

Youth Team

stay with wigan

Youth Team

Decent season. As for the decision, I guess it depends on how you're playing this save. Are you playing close to real life? Then is is better wages for you? The club is bigger, so there's that. If you want to grow a club, then stick with Wigan.

Amateur

Stay at Wigan, you have a good chairman who's reasonably patient. You could become another AVB going to Chelski.

Id stay at Wigan for another season.

Connolly Turns Down Chelsea Job!

After staying at Wigan the loyal chairman Mr.Whelan has given me initial budgets off £16m which is generous, and should allow me to bring in Gylfi + maybe some others.

Gylfi .

You will instantly be on my like list if you sign him .

Haha I love the fella but hoffenheim driving a hard bargain!

Thats because Hoffenheim are also .

No chance of getting Gylfi he's not interested so i'll have to re-define our shape with different targets

Gobsmaked that Demba Ba turned me down for .... Sunderland :O does he have a death wish? haha

Pulled off the big transfer off the summer! very much depleted the clubs finances which im now looking to balance! But im very very pleased with the big signing ....

Also managed to buy this lad from Southampton (a fantastic place to poach young talent) The coaches are very excited, a little dissapointed with his pace but i think he could be special

Off-Season of Upheaval at the DW
    Firstly I signed a new one-year contract with Wigan - which would allow me to leave at the end of the season, if i decide too

Transfers

Other Out Transfers (missed off the bottom)

Shaun Maloney - Ipswich - LN525K
    Roman Golobart - Bari - 625k
    Mauro Bosseli - West Brom - £4m
    Steve Gohuri - Blackburn -£1.6m
    Nouha Dicko - Colchester - 250k
    Jean Beausejour - West Ham - £5m

Transfer Summary

Barry Bannan - Good exciting, home grown, propect. He fitted well into the system last year so can just continue that form, and at 2m has plent of 're-sale' value

Stuart Holden - Became a target after Bolton's relegation. Can use the ball well and adds nice depth to the squad.

Pappis Cisse - The 'blockbuster' signing of the summer, fantastic predatory goalscorer who can play in tandom with either Holt or Hooper. Should bring goals,goals,goals.

Owen Hargreaves - great steal on a one-year deal. good tutour despite being injury prone will help nurture young talent.

Roysten Drenthe - Helps improve the squad, very versatile, will probally look to sell at the end of the year, as he has a huge yearly wage increase bonus.

Ryo Miayichi - Exciting Japanese talent. Nice to get him in on loan and take a look before looking to purchase next season.

Sasa Papac - Good experience again offers a different left back to Maynor, and good for young players again.

Mehemt Topal - a good coup for the club, we're getting more and more international players in, another versatile player to help bolster the squad.

Sam Walker - back up goalkeeper, with quite poor potential but enough to back up Ali who rarley misses a game (also a friend of mine)

Countinho - outstanding talent, lack of team ethic but a deffinte major target after his loan year this season.

Jerry Vandam - Desperatley needed a RB after releasing Boyce and losing Stam to gain money. Vandam was the cheapest 'steady' player all the others were boom/bust players. Still looking to bring in Romario next summer.

Juame Costa - just another face to the squad, who can play anywhere down the left side or in the middle of the park.

Gylfi Sigurosson - The top target this summer, and an absolute bargain at £6.5m initially rejected us at the start off the summer, but with no other offers he chose the DW as his new home and the team will be built around his creative brilliance.

Christian Tello - a big favourite of mine. Remember seeing him aged 15 and watch him progress vastly. Was going to sign him permenantly but with his contract up next season it was much cheaper to loan him now and then bag him for free on a bosman in January.

Grant Holt - Brought as a back up to Hooper and Cisse, very cheap transfer and wages, and will be as effective as Rhodes was (who was very dissapointing)

Overall
    Very happy with my business, want to build a La Masia, at Wigan (I know) and to do that we first must boost our reputation. Signing so many internationals and great tutours was brilliant, some areas excell more than other but we assembled a great, great squad in my eyes.

Staff Additions
    With Graeme Jones being out of contract i was able to bring in my trusty eight-hand-man in Ellio Carraveta.
    Also drastically improved my youth coaches bringing in:

John Murtough
    Dario Gradi
    Mark Chamberlain (hopefully help me to bring in the OX!)

Pre-Season Frendlies

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 04-05-2012 at 13:32.

Gylfi Sigurdsson . I am happy so I will continue reading this thread ;).

Some cracking signings overall.

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Gylfi Sigurdsson . I am happy so I will continue reading this thread ;).

Some cracking signings overall.
    Haha cheers i'm guessing he initially rejected cos he'd just gone back from his loan. Yeah im really happy with the signings, roll on the league campaign!

Youth Team

Good luck! Whenever i've seen Wigan, they've slowly been falling down the league. Glad someones doing something with them.

Thanks mate. Yeah im a big fan of the club but ive only ever seen the AI take them down and down.
    Just seen this ...

Might be an interesting adventure to take in the future

Youth Team

Lecce got taken over in my Carlisle save that i'm doing at the moment, seem to remember they went from a 'poor' state to a 'rich' level within a week, shows you how good an Italian chairwoman is . God knows how much money they have now..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Whippy View Post
    Lecce got taken over in my Carlisle save that i'm doing at the moment, seem to remember they went from a 'poor' state to a 'rich' level within a week, shows you how good an Italian chairwoman is . God knows how much money they have now..
    haha love it!

Would people prefer, month by month fixture updates or the ten game format??

This is crazy, i'm doing an alright Job with Wigan, yet ive been offered the Chelsea job and now being linked to the Inter Milan and Juventus jobs!

Youth Team

Guess Europe loves you

I guess so! abit unrealistic though with 'proffesional' as my past-experience, i guess playing 'barca-esque' football might attract more attention

Season Two - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary
    An ok start to the year. eleven points from ten games, displayes how we are currently stuck between a very good team and a very poor team, as does the goal difference of plus one. The stand out performers so far have been Alex Pearce, who after a disaterous start to his career at Wigan is become a real rock at centre-half, and Ryo Miyachi who is proving to be a real game changer. Hoping for more firepower from Pappis Cisse after he returns from his injury so far he has been a little underwhelming but he still has to get use to the wave lengths of his team mates

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

and the takeover at Leece did indeed go through. So i will keep an eye out for them and see if they become a dominant domestic or continental force.

Managed to bring in former Boca Juniors and Real Madrid player - Fernando Gago, always had so much promise but never delivered. Hopefully he can help us out

Update Two - Twenty Game Update

Summary

A good stretch of games all in all. We seem to have something over United at Old Trafford. We've made the move to the pass-and-move 'La Masia' approach of Barcelona, from our more counter-attacking style. It's worked a treat, Gylfi and Bannan have been Xavi and Iniesta esq. The stretch of 2-1 wins were all won by last minute winners and after going 1-0 down. simply brilliant!

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

We've been creating so many chances and im so impressed with the pass and move approach generating around 60% possesion each game, this being my favourite match....

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 05-05-2012 at 11:30.

Just beat Fulham in a battlling display away at Craven Cottage, a great game!

For those wondering this is my current tactic

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 05-05-2012 at 12:21.

Update Three - Thirty Match update

Transfers

In
    Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - LN225K - Versattile guy to fill a couple of holes after letting some players move on

Out
    Joe Ledley - Blackpool - £2.5m - was being outplayed by Bannan and McCarthey alongside Gylfi, with 20k wages was moved on.
    Royston Drenthe - Villareal - LN 1m - Very high wages and wasnt getting a game.

Summary
    A run that has seen us dip in form, we seem to lack consistancy now, were looking good until the 4 game losing streak. Still aiming for seventh, and if things go for us we could even finish in the Europa league.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Can you post a ss of Gylfi please?

Youth Team

Ouch, that dip in form is a little annoying.

Update Four - End Of Season Update

Summary
    A good finish to the season after we got over our slump. Finishing tenth is a tad dissapointing after the way we started the season. I think i'll stay on for another year as there arnt too many jobs that are moves up out there. Delighted with the away wins at Southampton and Aston Villa.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

End Of Season Summary

England:

League Champions - Manchester City
    Champions League - Manchester Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea
    Relegated - Wolves, Blackburn, Reading
    Overachievers - Fulham
    Underperformers - Sunderland
    Player Of The Year - Robin Van Persie (Arsenal)
    Young Player of the Year - Gylfi Sigurosson (Wigan)
    Manager Of The Year - Roberto Mancini (Manchester City)

Spain:

League Champions - Barcelona
    Champions League - Real Madrid, Sevilla, Athletico Madrid
    Relegated - Hercules, Deportivo, Granada
    Overachievers - Espnayol (5th)
    Underperformers - Malaga (7th)
    Player Of The Year - Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
    Manager Of The Year - Pep Guardiola (Barcelona)

Italy:

League Champions - A.C Milan
    Champions League - Genoa, Atlanta
    Relegated - Bari, Brescia, Sampdoria
    Overachievers - Genoa (2nd)
    Underperformers - Napoli (16th)
    Player Of The Year - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (A.C Milan)
    Young Player of the Year - Steven Jovetic (Fiorentina)
    Manager Of The Year - Stefano Colantuono (Atlanta)

Scotland:

League Champions - Celtic
    Champions League - N/A (lost their 2nd place)
    Relegated - Falkirk
    Overachievers - Dunfermline (5th)
    Underperformers - Hearts (8th)
    Player Of The Year - Anthony Modeste (Celtic)
    Young Player of the Year - Adam Matthews (Celtic)
    Manager Of The Year - Neil Lennon (Celtic)

Holland:

League Champions - FC Twente
    Champions League - PSV
    Relegated - De Graaschap
    Overachievers - Vittese (7th)
    Underperformers - Ajax (8th)

Germany:

League Champions - Bayern Munich
    Champions League - HSF, Frankfurt, Schalke
    Relegated - Mainz, Freiburg
    Overachievers - Frankfurt (3rd)
    Underperformers - Borussia Dortmund (8th)

France:

League Champions - Marseille
    Champions League - PSG, Olympique Lyonnais
    Relegated - Monaco, AJ Auxerre, SC Bastia
    Overachievers - Sochaux (5th)
    Underperformers - Lille (9th)

Npower Championship

Champions -Cardiff
    Promoted - Newcastle, Birmingham

Champions League

Winner - Real Madrid
    Runner Up - Manchester Utd
    Player of the Tournement - Cristiano Ronaldo

This is the only concrete offer i was given despite being linked to a whole host of jobs, so i signed a new one-year deal to stay at Wigan. Been given a very poor initial budget of £9m which is a bit of a let down. wigan review to follow

Just be linked as the favourite to replace SAF, would be an honour, but i feel like there's unfinished business at Wigan, and im very excited by the summer dealings ive made so far

Wigan - Season Review

A season i'm very happy with, dissapointed with the 2nd half of the season. Which after the upheival in the summer was very suprising. We are going to press on next year after i signed a new one year contract.The goal for next season is to continue to increase the quality of the squad and make a push for European places, as well as a succesful cup run.

Player Of The Year

Gylfi Sigurdson

Top Five Moments

1: 2-2 Draw at Old Trafford
    2: Sigurdson winning PFA Young Player of the Year
    3: Having 70% of possesion away at Swansea
    4: three, last minute winners in a row
    5: Keeping our Premier League status.

Top Transfer Targets

Jordan Henderson
    Romario
    Steven Caulker
    Christian Tello

The man chosen to take Manchester Utd forward ....

Good luck to you Mr.AVB

Wigan Give Strong Display In Pre-Season

New Kits

Pre-Season

Transfers (as of August 8th)

Absolutley delighted with my summer dealings, to get Muniain is spectacular for the club. Was shocked to see him not only transfer listed but interested in the club! This is my first ever 48month deal (simply had to be done to get him) so im going to have to sell some more people before the end of the month to balance the books.

Season Three - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary

A fantastic start to the season for us, i'm absolutley over the moon. Stunning victories away at Liverpool and home to Chelsea are highlights. Against Chelsea we played them off the park and just two mistakes allowed them back in, but eventually we got the victory we deserved. It is a start that has once again seen me linked with top jobs, a brazilian Tycoon looking to takeover Almeria has said if he is succesful i would be his choice for manager.
    The Inter Milan job is also about to be open, both interesting prospects but i still have a lot to do with Wigan.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Chelsea Game

Youth Team

I much more consistent campaign, ollie! Your dealing in the transfer market undoubtably helped out

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    I much more consistent campaign, ollie! Your dealing in the transfer market undoubtably helped out
    yeh i still cant believe i managed to get Muniain, Sturridge and Henderson! ok Henderson not top notch, but he took a wage cut

Update Two - Twenty Match Update

Summary
    A good month, was difficult as we played many top teams, but we were in every game, looking good for the turn of the year. Really impressed with Sigurdson and Cisse, outstanding at the start of the year. Targetting a minimum of 7th. Hopefully that will be enough to see us get into the Europa League!

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 07-05-2012 at 22:15.

during this run of games ive had a personal achievment ...

Also the Almeria tycoon takeover went through, will keep a close eye on them like leece, would love to take them at some point and topple the big two. With me looking to win three champions leagues, with three different clubs from three nations, it could may well be, Wigan, Almeria and Leece.

I like this screen shot, because we have the most players in the top 23 of pass completion percentage. (possibly rule out al-habsi)

Summary
    An ok set of results, but there have been far too many draws. Some good draws e.g. Tottenham, Liverpool. But there has also been some poor draws such as Aston Villa at home. If we dont get 7th or even 6th now it will be a massive opportunity missed. It seems if Cisse scores the flood gates open, if he doesnt we cant win. Despite a very hard run-in i back us to finish 7th. It is a stretch of games that has seen us produce the best match under my stewardship as manager, being at home to QPR.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

QPR Match

Update Four - End of Season Update

Summary
    Another strong season, however far too many draws. We should really have finished 7th, but seems as it wouldnt have brought us a Europa league place im not too fussed. If i'm at Wigan next season its going to be all about, continuing to improve and challenging for europe.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Player of the Season/PFA Young Player of the Year

End Of Season Review

Serie A

Liga BBVA

SPL

Bundesliga

Ligue 1

UEFA Champions League

UEFA Europa League

wigan review to follow ....
    Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 08-05-2012 at 18:38.

It's been an interesting season, despite acheiving more than the club has ever achieved i feel slightly dissapointed that has we converted just a couple of draws into wins we would be into Europe. The style of play however has been astonishing, i didnt think this sort of football could be played by these sorts of players. However with release clauses in the contracts of Cisse, Sturridge and Henderson, we may as a club be ripped apart this off-season.

Player of the Season

Gylfi Sigurdson - Double club player of the year (and PFA Young Player of the Year)

Top Five Moments

1: 2-1 win away at Anfield
    2: Sigurdson winning double PFA young player of the year
    3: 5-1 win over QPR
    4: Over thirty goals for Pappis Cisse
    5: achieving the club's highest ever finish

Although it has been another good season at Wigan, im beginning to feel that my style and the type of players I can bring in may have reached its limits. So it may be time for me to seek pastures new, i have been linked to a whole host of jobs with my contract up at Wigan, so i need everyones help. Stay or go?

Job Offers

I've also recieved a new contract offer of Wigan as well as being highly linked to the vacant Juventus job, which im personal front runner at the moment

A very solid season with Wigan. Are you tempted to leave?

A very solid season with Wigan. Are you tempted to leave?
    Very tempted yes, but i don't know, the only solid offer i have is Sevilla, which is a club in a poor state. The issue is the players 'interested' in joining are about half the quality of the players i have, who are all being chased by top teams. So its going to be very difficult to improve the squad so i may have took them as far as i can.

Going to need some advice of people before i can continue! Whelan wont agree to a delay on the Wigan contract any further

If Sevilla are in such a poor state I probably wouldnt join them and stick it out with Wigan until something better comes along.

If Sevilla are in such a poor state I probably wouldnt join them and stick it out with Wigan until something better comes along.
    Well there's high interest from Juventus and Arsenal, so im not sure, dont think i could manage another english club at the moment, so still unsure haha

I would probably apply for them two and see what comes up.

I would probably apply for them two and see what comes up.
    I have yeh but Wigan want a decision now on the new contract :/

Now been offered the Juventus job, cant make my mind up!

Also now been offered the Arsenal job,

doesnt appeal too me as much as they're already double winners

Youth Team

No to Arsenal!!!

Amateur

I think you should stay at Wigan and build up the youth system to bring through your own players. Push for that Europa League place to get the rep up and the quality of players will go up again.

I would probably take the Juve job.

I've decided to extend my stay at Wigan turning down all the above job offers. I've still got a lot of things to do at Wigan, so i'll spend this summer looking to bring in a lot of young players.

Typical FA!

We'll look forward to some exciting football!

Pre-Season

Fixtures

Transfers

Transfer Summary

Trevor Sheehan - A good young irish prospect, James McClean like. Will be interesting to see him progress

Joe Allen - A fantastic player, that really shows just how strong our midfield will now be. Comes from a similar style of play from Swansea and is a fantastic addition.

James Forest - Having lost Sturridge due to his release clause i had to get in another Right Winger. Forest is a very good British prospect and fits what we're trying to do.

Gerard Deulofeu - A great prospect from our idol club. For free as well it could be the best bit of business in this clubs history.

Marc Muniesa - Similar to Deulofeu, not as much talent but can play our system a fantastic 'ball-playing' centre-half. Helps reduce the average age of our squad after losing Caldwell.

Tomas Kalas - adds another young body to our defence and once again a free transfer

Stephen Warnock - After letting Costa good for a good offer, we needed back up to Ekotto, Warnock is experienced and will be a good tutour

Vito Mannone - A competent back up to Lindegaard, With Al-Habsi refusing to sign a new deal i had to let him go for a decent offer.

Ryan Bennet - The biggest spend of our summer, I wanted him last year but he chose Newcastle. Very good with the ball at feet and good pace too. Was extremley dissapointed to miss out on Phil Jones and getting Steven Caulker back on loan, but Bennett is a good option.

Josh McEachran - Very good young prospect like Pogba was last year. Hope to foster a relation like with pogba to enable us to sign him in the future.

Some good transfers there, but also some dissapointments, we lost out on Michael Carrick, Joe Cole and most dissapointingly Phil Jones to West Ham

Phil Jones

My personal favourite transfer of the summer was N'Zonzi great steal infront of the back four. After losing Topal and Hargreaves (one sold one to retirement) we needed another quality body in, will rotate with Gago

Steven N'Zonzi

I have just lost this match, and i have no idea how!!

Youth Team

Ouch! I hate matches like those Just had one myself.

Season Four - Update One - Ten Match Update

Summary

Well its been an indifferent start to the season. I've made a tactical switch to three at the back with a holding midfielder shielding infront. Against the teams in and around us we have been superb. Against the top six clubs i went back to the tried and tested, but we've been getting wipped away easily. The defending has been abysmal (e.g. The screen shot of the man city game) I dont understand why the new tactic has performed so much better than our tried and tested, but im going to continue with the three at the back season.

league Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Manchester City Game

It looks like they're defending with Four at the back, but thats their forward men :L
    Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 09-05-2012 at 18:57.

Update Two - Twenty Match Update

Summary

A really astonishing run. We began it the way we ended the last, creating chances, missing and conceding many, many goals. after the dismal defeats at West Brom and at home to Swansea, we switched our tactics to less about passing for passing sake, to more creative passing to get us into the channels and goalscoring positions.
    Since the switch we've been on a remarkable run, no draws either wins or losses. In doing so we've pushed ourselves into the top half and with a chance to really press for Europe this year. The outstanding performance being the 8-1 home win over Villa, without Cisse to score over two was a shock for us. Eight was almost baffling. We are also into the Semi-Finals of the Carling cup against West Brom, this presents us with a fantastic chance to get to Wembley and possibly win that elusive piece of Silverware i've been chasing for the Latics.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Aston Villa Game

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 09-05-2012 at 23:16.

Nice result against Villa .

The Carling Cup

Fantastic, Fantastic success for the club. May be the Micky Mouse cup to some, but to our little club its massive and ensures European Qualification for next year!

Semi - Finals

Final

Summary

The best run of results whilst i've been at the club. Challenging for the top four and winning a cup. It has been sensational we have only dropped points in one league game and that was away to the run away leaders. I really wanted to leave at the end of the year, but as it stands i am loving life at Wigan again. This run has been completley down to Sigurdson and Muniain. Whilst Cisse was away at the African Cup of Nations they carried the team. I think we can now finish a minimum of 6th and really look to attack that top four.

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Semi Pro

Great stuff on winning the Carling Cup! So close to the Champions League...

Part-Timer
    Bill Shankly \'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.\'

Doing a great job. KUTGW

Cheers guys yeh i dont know if its out of our reach, but we'll keep going, we have a very good settled squad now

Youth Team

A great run going, ollie! Much deserved win in the Carling Cup too! Always nice to add to the trophy cabinet. Champions League is close but sucks that Liverpool has so many games in hand on you.

Amateur

Awesome season so far. I knew staying would be the right choice ;) Congrats with the Carling Cup win.

I would argue that as long as you can hang on to all of your top players this summer, you shouldn't need to strengthen too much.

Another pre-season together and the players will gel even more.

Excellent season and brilliant work lifting the League Cup .

Excellent season and brilliant work lifting the League Cup
    Awesome season so far. I knew staying would be the right choice;) Congrats with the Carling Cup win.

I would argue that as long as you can hang on to all of your top players this summer, you shouldn't need to strengthen too much.

Another pre-season together and the players will gel even more.

A great run going, ollie! Much deserved win in the Carling Cup too! Always nice to add to the trophy cabinet. Champions League is close but sucks that Liverpool has so many games in hand on you.
    Cheers lads, its been an odd season, we havent played anywhere near as well as the last too but look where we are! haha, i think me staying this year very much depends on Champions League football now, although i would love to have a crack at Europe with Wigan even if it is the Europa League so im inclined to give it one more crack of the whip

Just thought i'd give people a quick update as it stands with two to play as im very very excited haha

League Table

Man Utd Game

As the 2nd goal went in a Gary Neville orgasmed 'oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh, unbelievable!!'

We have QPR at home and Spurs away to finish the season.

Update Four - End of Season Update

Summary

An unbelievable end to the season for little old Wigan. What a dramatic last day it was, and it came down to the final kick off a ball, we were 2-0 down away at Spurs and City led Fulham 3-0 away. It left be with a horrible regretful feeling. But an Emmanuel Villa goal (which proved to make all the difference) made it 3-1 and Craven Cottage. A thunderbolt from James Forrest made it to at The Lane. Before an 86th minute equalizer from Ikier Muiain, will forever go down it Latics' folklaw. It is however not over, as despite us beating City to fourth place on not goal difference but goals scored. Manchester Utd square of against Real Madrid at the Millenium stadium to decide our fate. My nerves will be jangling!!

League Table

Fixtures

Squad Performance

Sensational End to the Season

Tottenham v Wigan

Fulham v Manchester City

Higuian Becomes A Wigan Legend

What Every Latic Fan Wanted to See

Off-season review and Wigan end of year review to follow

Season Summary

Serie A

Liga BBVA

Ligue 1

Bundesliga

Last edited by ollie laaaaaaaad; 11-05-2012 at 16:20.

SPL

npower Championship

UEFA Champions League

UEFA Europa League

Wigan - End Of Season Review

Player of the Season / PFA Player of the Year

Gylfi Sigurdson

Top Five Moments

1- Qualifying for the Champions League
    2- Winning the Carling Cup
    3- Winning 3-0 at Old Trafford
    4- Gylfi Sigurdson winning PFA Player of the Year
    5- 8-1 Win at home to Aston Villa

As well as Sigurdson's award, Pappis Cisse won the Golden boot, but the manager of the year award went to Paul Jewell! Outraged!!

We've drawn Bayern Leverkuson in the Champions League qualifier, not the easiest but not the hardest draw either

Part-Timer
    Bill Shankly \'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.\'

What a fantastic achievement. Well done, great stuff

Youth Team

Great season for Wigan! The draw against Leverkusen, while not easy, could have been worse.

I take my hat off to you. ****ing brilliant .

I take my hat off to you. ****ing brilliant .
    Cheers guys, yes its been an unbelievable, Cant believe its happened in four years tbh, ecspecially after a very poor start at the beginning of last season.

Yeah the drawn could have been a lot worse, but still a tough opposition, but we'll see how we go!

Absolutley devastated 90+5 mins with three minutes of added time, want to scream!

1st Leg

2nd Leg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast