Your greatest signing

What has been your greatest signing of all time? Whether it be cheap and good or expensive and brilliant!

In my Dorchester save it would have to be paterne lukunku - 4.2M and he scored five in his first game! Finished the season with 31 in 28 I think.

In my man u save I think Francisco crespo - forlans regen - he's just been a beast at scoring!

Not sure that Regens should count

My best signing was Doumbe from CSKA Moscow

He managed 30 goals in his first 4 seasons .. and only lost his place in the team when I got Rooney on a Bosman

Jovetic has been pretty amazing as well

An awesome 17 year old Swedish hardworking forward named Fredrik Persson appeared the automn 2014. He was unsigned, so I signed him in my Manacor game, Manacor being in Liga Adelante. He scored 41 goals in 36 games. Manacor was promoted to La Liga and Person was player of the year in Spain the three seasons I've finished in La Liga so far. One third into the fourth season he, now aged 21, tops the player rank with 8.75 in average, scoring 12 goals in 14 matches. The national team of Sweden is mad enough to use him as a central defender. Only 2 goals in 34 matches being the result.

I don't normally track retiring star players. Playing Manacor with no money, I did track young players without or with expiring contracts, stumbling upon Persson. After a while I checked my save from the end of season 2013/2014 and found a retiring Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with more or less identical mental stats. :-)

I just meant that Regens are sometimes easy to find and can be bought on the cheap

On that basis your Falkirk players looks great as its what you have done with a "real" player that has resulted in his value jumping from

£50K to £38M !!!

I just meant that Regens are sometimes easy to find and can be bought on the cheap

On that basis your Falkirk players looks great as its what you have done with a "real" player that has resulted in his value jumping from

£50K to £38M !!!

my scout thought he wasnt good enough to succeed but *Dramatic music* I had faith in him!

My greatest signing and a good tip for lower league managers is billy kee. If anyone as tried my 4-1-3-2 formation he scores bucket loads each season. I have gone through the leagues with Darlington and he is now scoring for fun in the premiership. I picked him up from Burton Albion for 35k and I turned down a 2M offer whilst in league one.

I have strikers with better stats in my team but I can't bring myself round to dropping him.

Bit different from the rest of these but it was Pato, I managed to get him for £42 million and sell him for £68 million at the end of the season and for some reason was able to use the wage money it freed up and gave me to sign Neymar on a free and Eden Hazard to play behind him, was a brilliant, beautiful combination all because of a signing I was regretting before I managed to profit.

Archived