+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game installed and worked fine... now can't load or start a new game

Amateur

Default Game installed and worked fine... now can't load or start a new game

Hi all,

First of all - great to have FMH on Android. It's a good little game - I'd like some more match stats or an "analysis" tab, like on the main FM, would be great given the absence of a complete 2D match engine.

Anyway, on to my problem. I had a saved game with Roma that was working fine - only got to mid september. However, now it won't load. It starts to load and then crashes just before it has fully loaded. I thought maybe that game had corrupted and decided to start a new game. However, I get a similar result. After selecting the league etc. when the game setup starts, the game crashes.

I've tried restarting the device several times, but it has no effect. I also checked the amount of RAM - and according to my phone there is "144MB+92MB in 12" available. Any solutions?

My device is HTC Desire running Android 2.2.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi - sounds like an odd problem if it's also affecting attempts to start new games.

Firstly, can you make sure that the device isn't plugged into a PC?
    Secondly, can you send the save game to me at alari.naylor@sigames.com just to check that it is actually corrupt and doesn't cause this problem in our QA lab?
    Thirdly, can you try uninstalling the app, backing up any wanted saves (instructions here:http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7729086), removing the fmh_data folder from inside your 'default' main folder and reinstalling the app?

Sorry you've encountered this and we'll try and get the game working again for you as soon as possible.

Amateur

Ok, so I've done as you suggest and it seems to be working again, so thanks!

I wonder why it happened - could it be a lack of phone storage? I regularly have warnings over phone storage - have plenty on my SD card however.

Good to hear that you've got it working again - to be honest it's hard to work out what could have caused this to happen without having the device in front of me, but it sounds like some of the database data may have become corrupt either due to an issue with the original download or a quirk with your SD card.

Just to add to this - I checked over the save games you sent and they were fine, so it wasn't anything to do with those. Thanks for sending them!

+ Reply to Thread