a few questions on andriod version...

Hi

I just wanted some information on the andriod version, will it run ok on the advent vega ? also is it true that you only can have 1 divsion running at any one time ?

Also i used to have the psp versions 2009,10,11 & 12 how does it compare to them ? As i liked the ease of use in them titles and the way you could do a season in 1-2 hours, however the only thing i would of liked if you could have around 10 leagues running at any one time and have the transfer maket a little bit more realistic. (as in FM 12 on psp alot of young regen players would appear in english confernce teams with very high stats - far to many imo)

Thank you.

• SI Staff

The game is very similar to the PSP version but with a touchscreen interface and a few additional features - so you're aware up front however the Android game presently only allows one nation to be active at a time (ie. say you select England it'll run that nation down to Conference North/South but no other nations leagues will be active).

PS - The transfer system and regens on iOS/Android is slightly more refined than on PSP and is still evolving through constant updates - the next of which will be out in early May.

Hi, Thanks for replys.

@ Medion all i know is that its called honeyice advent vega, dont know alot about this kind of stuff, just bought it of ebay.

@ Marc Vaughan, Thats good to know, its better then i thought, i understood that you only could have i divsion running (ie Just the premier league) so to have option to go to the non leagues is great. plus i still play Fm 08 on the X360 which can have more then i league running.

As in updates, do you mean like xbox live where a game can get patched ? if so then awesome, I will buy it today, Once i have found out how to set up a google account on the device.

Thanks.

• SI Staff

As in updates, do you mean like xbox live where a game can get patched ? if so then awesome, I will buy it today, Once i have found out how to set up a google account on the device.

Yeah both the Android and iOS are actively updated during after their release. If you pop into the bugs forum theres a sticky at the top of it which details the 'current state of play' for any updates which haven't gone 'live' yet - at present it shows the items which will be present in the first android update (in final QA presently and expected for release early May) and the first items in development for the second one (no scheduled release timeline for this yet).

Cheers for that marc, went ahead and got the game, - it updated right away really quick aswell - its amazing, well worth the £6.99

so easy to use and well layed out, I thought i would struggle with it tbh, cant really get on with this touch screen stuff, love it though, much prefer it the the psp version already.

Also is there going to be an FM 13 on andriod ? if so do you it could be possible to have more playable leagues going at any one time ?

i will check that information you said & look foward to the updates.

Cheers for a great game.

• SI Staff
Also is there going to be an FM 13 on andriod ?

I really hope so - this version came about largely because I prototyped it in my own time (and SEGA were kind enough to show faith in what I'd done and allow it to be commercially finished up and released); whether there will be a subsequent version will largely be down to the sales on this one - ie. simply put SEGA are a corporation and want to make a profit ... if the product does well enough then they'll let me make another version.

I personally like Android and hope it'll be possible - I have faith it will be ... time will tell.

if so do you it could be possible to have more playable leagues going at any one time ?

I've learnt a LOT about Android development during the creation of this initial version, I think that next years version (presuming I'm given the go ahead on it) will likely have multiple leagues playable at once - at least on the higher end (ICS) devices, no promises though as until I actually implement it I won't know 100% for certain that it'll be possible.

Cheers for a great game.

Glad you're enjoying it :D

@San Starko, cheers, yeah it worked fine on the vega, really really fast with honeyice.

@ Marc Vaughan, Intresting to know, thanks, I really hope it will stay on android too. If it only stays as one league it still would be good, when you say higher end devices do you mean stuff like graphic chips etc ?

Yeah I am enjoying the game alot, so much so i decided to buy the Fm 12 Pc game.

Also could someone please help with this:

i have this pc , vista core dou 2.ghz & 2GB ram and FM 2007,08 & 09 run painfully slow on it, , FM 09 being the worst. i Downloaded the Fm 12 demo from steam and that runs much better then 07.08.09 - no idea why ?

So i wanted to ask would this type of system be good for FM 12 & future versions... AMD Athlon 645 x4 Processor, 6GB ram & windows 7 - would it be possible to run 10+ leagues, full detail & fast pace ?

Thank you.

• SI Staff
@ Marc Vaughan, Intresting to know, thanks, I really hope it will stay on android too. If it only stays as one league it still would be good, when you say higher end devices do you mean stuff like graphic chips etc ?

Not so much 'graphic chips' but more memory and higher end processors (multi-core etc.).

i have this pc , vista core dou 2.ghz & 2GB ram and FM 2007,08 & 09 run painfully slow on it, , FM 09 being the worst. i Downloaded the Fm 12 demo from steam and that runs much better then 07.08.09 - no idea why ?

A lot is down to the setup you start the game with - the demo tends to be a small database with a single nations leagues active on it (not wholly dissimilar to the setup of FMH Android really) ... so can be faster than if you get carried away when setting up a game.

So i wanted to ask would this type of system be good for FM 12 & future versions... AMD Athlon 645 x4 Processor, 6GB ram & windows 7 - would it be possible to run 10+ leagues, full detail & fast pace ?

I'd have thought it would be fine - its better than the system I run FM12 on and my games in 2047 at the moment ... I do however restrict myself to England only being active.

Cool, would they advent vega be cable of running a few leagues in the future ? i think it is 1ghz & 512mb ram ?

I still have not managed to do a season yet on the andriod version, i keep having ago at the challenges, trying to save wigan from relagation, Failed about 20 times now, i do it in the end though, getting closer all the time, my last attemp getting relagated on just goal diff.

FM 12 on the pc arrived yesterday (gotta love shopto.net for the awesome delivery) and according to the games recommended set up (this is on the core 2 duo @ 1.86ghz & 1.87ghz, 2gb ram, vista) Brazil, england & spain were loaded with a small database - and so far the loading times are fine (only got upto jan transfer window). So is it wise to go off the recommended setup ? (the game gave a 4 star rating for speed) as i hope it would not go to snails pace it 5+ seasons ?

Also Which would be the better game the default database or the lastest patch ?

Sorry for going off topic. Thank you.

• SI Staff
Cool, would they advent vega be cable of running a few leagues in the future ? i think it is 1ghz & 512mb ram ?

If it has ICS then possibly (from initial investigations it'll require a later OS version to support some of the memory extensions required) - please do bear in mind that I haven't done it yet, so no promises (that is the aim though).

FM 12 on the pc arrived yesterday (gotta love shopto.net for the awesome delivery) and according to the games recommended set up (this is on the core 2 duo @ 1.86ghz & 1.87ghz, 2gb ram, vista) Brazil, england & spain were loaded with a small database - and so far the loading times are fine (only got upto jan transfer window). So is it wise to go off the recommended setup ? (the game gave a 4 star rating for speed) as i hope it would not go to snails pace it 5+ seasons ?

I'd recommend using the recommended setup and then tweaking up or down as required, remember on the PC you can add and drop leagues 'live' in your game.

Also Which would be the better game the default database or the lastest patch ?

Entirely up to you - personally I always patch up ...

Archived