TheGreatTraveler's First Journeyman Career

TheGreatTraveler

TheGreatTraveler's First Journeyman Career

Let me start by introducing myself. FM 2012 is my first FM game, and I have only started playing and am not so good at it so far. However, I hope to learn from this save and hopefully get success, although I can't guarantee it. Anyway, here I go with my initial screenshots:

2012-04-29_00003.jpg

2012-04-29_00004.jpg

Am I crazy using so many Leagues? Probably. But it should be enough for an interesting Career, that will hopefully last long.

Goals:

Manage in all Continents(Didn't load Oceanic leagues, so Australia will count as my "Oceanic" continent)

Win the Champions League(Haven't won it yet

Manage Real Madrid(My favorite Club)

Take a country who has been absent from the world cup for 12 or more years to the WC(12 years before I take charge)

Have a Stadium named after me.

Have Fun.

So, I guess here we go!!

Ok, so I just loaded the game(Took a while) and the first thing I did was go to the job center and apply to all the jobs.

A day later, I had the following offers:

2012-04-29_00006-1.jpg

Boussu is a Belgian Club in the Belgian Second Division. Not sure if I want to start my career there though.

Guarani is a Brazilian club in the Second Division of Brazil. A possability no doubt.

PWD Bamenda is a Cameroonian club in Elite Two, wich is Cameroon's second division. Interesting possability, to be honest.

Thisted FC is a Danish club in the 2nd division west. Don't think I'll go there though since someone here already did.

Rostock is a second division German side. A possability for sure, Germany could be a good starting place.

Sting-Chiba is a Second Division Japanese side. Another interesting opportunity as I haven't managed in Asia before.

Lov-Ham and Randenberg are First Division Norway based clus. Both could be possabilities.

New England is an MLS club wich hasn't been doing well in recent years.

So, where should I go? Should I delay all of them a week an look for other jobs, or take one of them?

Good luck mate and you can be Thisted if you want, will be good to compare!

Thanks, but I've decided not to be them. For Originality, you might say.

Wow that's a lot of leagues haha.

I vote New England because of my heavy MLS bias, but Bamenda and Guarani are also interesting choices.

Good luck in what will hopefully become an epic career

Lots of leagues indeed, but I wanted to keep my options open.

NE is a consideration for sure, as is Bamenda. Don't think I will go to Guarani though.

Chiba followed by the Revs. :thup:

As much as I love MLS, I'm SE-Asian so I'm biased towards Asian leagues. :D

Never Managed in Japan so Chiba is a serious option

I reckon Rostock would be a good place to start :thup:

Another possability as I haven't played in Germany either.

New England....just because its a cool place to visit :cool:.

It is isn't it?

Had a fun time in Japan on FM11 so I'd go for Sting-Chiba.

Japan could be fun indeed. Sting-Chiba one of the front runners with New England.

If I were you I'd go to the smallest club possible for the sake of realism, but it depends on which direction you are aiming for in your career

Yeah, I don't want the SMALLEST club, but I don't want a big one either, so that ruled New England out. Then I took a look at the offers themesleves. There was one that stood out among the rest, with the best traansfer-budget and most unused wage-budget.

2012-04-30_00001.jpg2012-04-30_00002.jpg

Yes, to Japan it is!!!

The team is currently 12th in a 20 team league after 17 games. So I have 21 games to change the season around, and with the transfer window starting in a month the squad will need a lot of rebuilding, but thankfully I have hefty transfer and wage budgets.

Will post an innitial squad review tomorrow.

150px-JEFUnitedIchiharaChiba.png

TheGreatTraveler's First Journeyman Career---Season 1(2011-2012)---Sting Chiba

Squad Overview

Sorry it took me so long to update again, but Life got in the way. Anyway, here is the squad update.

Squad1REAL-1.jpg

Squad2REAL-1.jpg

So, although the squad clearly has potential, it's Current ability is rubish. Also, while some position do seem to have enough depth(Like GK or D©) others, especially right back, left back and defensive Midfielder need improvements, and I am glad the Transfer window opens in a month as the squad clearly needs some rebuilding. Some bad news is that have quite a few injured players, and that my best goalkeeper(Nishumara) is suspended for the first game so Matsushita, who is only 16 years old will have to start in the next game. Hopefully I can get a few players in on frees, cause the squad needs it. And badly.

After looking at my staff, I have released all of them except for my Assistant Coach, who will leave later in the year. Made offers for some good Coaches and Physios, and was surprised that Adolfo Valencia(Colombian Legend that played for Bayern, Atletico, and a few other teams) actually considered my offer to become an Coach.

The league has us in 12th place, while the board originally predicted us to finsih in the Top 3 and achieve promotion. Since there is little over half a season left, I doubt we will be able to achieve this this season, but you never know. However, the team won the 2 games previous to my arriving 1-0, so atleast I won't have to do wonders to morale as the players seem to have their spirits high after that.

I've seen worse starting squads - you appear to have a solid starting line up in defence, although look like you need somebody to get you some goals!

The probelm is most of my 3+ star players are 16 years olds, so I am worried about consistency. Yeah, I'm looking for a strong forward with good finishing, think I may have found him. And he is a beast at heading too. Will update on my first signings tomorrow.

--TheGreatTraveler's First Journeyman Career--Season 1(2011-2012)-Sting Chiba--

June 2011

As I arrived and got adapted to life in Japan, I noticed why the previous coach had been fired. The club was down in 12th place in a 20 team league 2 games away from the middle of the season. And they had been expecting promotion to the Nihon League 1, wich needed being in the top 3. I decided to make three completely different tactics, with my main one being a 4-1(DM)-2(ML,CM)-1(AMR)-2. The others where an ultra attacking 3-1-4-2 and a dafensive 5-4-1.

Anyway, to the results!!

results.jpg

While I am glad to have remained unbeaten in my first 4 games, 6 points from my first 12 is quite poor. I hope I can get the club to turn it around soon with a couple of signings, as the Transfer window opens up on the 16th of July. And to be honest, we really should've beaten Zelvia as they where a man down for almost 80 minutes, yet they took advantage of us not finishing the game off and stoll a point on the 88th minute.

LeagueTable.jpg

So we have improved our league position in my first month in charge, although the team has not been playing well.

Key Player

2012-05-08_00001.jpg

So far, Ohkubo has been my best method for scoring goals. He has been at the right place at the right time, mostly getting to rebounds, but as long as he cares I could care less how he scores. Hoping my other players can join in and start scoring too, as I don't see Ohkubo as a consistent striker and once his goals start drying up, others will need to step in.

Coming on in the middle of the season is always tough, hopefully you can pull it together and get a run going!

He speaks the truth, don't be too worried if things don't improve much this year, though they still can.

-TheGreatTravelers First Journeyman Career-July 2011-Sting Chiba-

As I aproched my second month in charge, I was eagerly awaiting the Transfer Window, which opened on the 15th of June, as well as seeing if my team could perform better and and start turning those draws into wins.

TRANSFERS

2012-05-10_00003-1.jpg

And here are they are:

Ilidio

Kanda

Alberoni

Sala

Susuki

Really excited about Alberoni to be honest, and hopefully Susuki is the Striker the team needed. Kanda can add depth to the team, and Ilidio has a good potential and will rotate with my other right-back for now. And, while Sala might be old(37 years old), I believe he is still good enough to lead my team to glory from the back.

RESULTS

2012-05-10_00001-1.jpg

2012-05-11_00001-2-1.jpg

So, with 6 games played this month I was hoping for my team to stop having Drawinism, but, although we managed to get a couple of good wins, they continued to draw, which means we have drawed 12 times this season, and 7 of them with me. However, I am glad with the 2 wins and that Ohkubo has continued to score with 3 more goals this month. Now, I'm waiting for the signings to jell and to hopefuly push for a top half finish this season, although I honestly believe the squad should be able to get Top 6.

KEY PLAYER

Kenji Ohkubo

Once More, Ohkubo has been my best player. He is my most effective goalscoring method so far, and has sit the post 2 times too. Will have to continue his form to bench Susuki.

Manager Thoughts

Not the best month, but hopefully the new signings can take the club climbing up the table. Hoping Alberoni can perform as expected, and that Susuki can be a good alternative to Ohkubo for goals.

Maybe you could open up the game a bit to score than one goal near the end of the season so you can see what tactics you can play for next season. :)
I've been tinkering with them, and I think I have found the right one. A bit more defensive, but it gets me more goals.
Like the draws dont you?

Sadly, yes.

Don't like goals so much. :D

That might change in the next update:cool:

Archived