Best Method For Discovering Regens

I have set my scouts to roam in every worthwhile region on earth to build up scouting knowledge.

In addition, I have set other scouts to watch the youth leagues of the major nations. Other than that I don't bother with it - I find more than enough wonderkids just clicking on the highly recommended reports.

I always find too many purely by scout reports that come up on my desktop and staff recommendations. One of my main problems is always having far too many youngsters at every position because they're too good not to sign and often free or close to. Wish it was more challenging to find such good kids. Not sure why computer controlled teams don't sign many of them.

As well as keeping my scouts busy scouring the globe, I also know roughly when the regen dates are for most countries. Therefore I usually end up doing quite a lot of manual searching, then any I like the look of, I get my best scouts to give me a second opinion.

Of course, if they're free or possible to sign for minimal compensation, I'll usually just take a chance on them anyway.

Scout the Brazilian U-20 team at various times throughout the year. I believe I had 6 current U-20 players on my MLS squad at one time, along with two or three former U-20s. If you're lucky, they'll still be on a youth contract and you can sign them for a small reimbursement fee. I did this for a player named Izaias and paid about $1.5million for him. By far and away the best player I've ever signed (something like 100 goals in 150 games or so) and he even went on to play for the full national team after being named the best European-based Brazilian player (not sure when Canada/MLS became a part of Europe!) and averaging about 8.5 for the season.

I have set my scouts to roam in every worthwhile region on earth to build up scouting knowledge.

In addition, I have set other scouts to watch the youth leagues of the major nations. Other than that I don't bother with it - I find more than enough wonderkids just clicking on the highly recommended reports.

Yeah same here. Don't even know the regen dates and have no intention of trawling manually through players. I pay the scouts to scout and, as BiggusD says that is plenty(if not too many).

I don't use player search, scouting youth competitions are generally enough to find a lot of good youngsters.

-U19 European Qualifiers

-U21 European Qualifiers

-Toulon Tournament

-Next Gen Series

-U19 European Championship

-U21 European Championship

-U20 World Cup

-African Youth Championship(and Qualifiers as well)

And of course the U18 league of countries that you have loaded, are generally more than enough to find good youngsters, i'll also have scouts looking on regions of course for players no older than 18 or 19.

Don't have the patience for manual scouting anymore and i'll probably miss some gems but my scouts find enough youngsters anyway.

I just do a player search on or just after the important regen dates, filter to age no more than 17 and sort by value. Then scout the top 800 or so and sign any with 4 star potential, then possibly sign 3.5 star potentials if I don't already have a youngster in that position.

international squads. its all well and good using the likes of geniescout to find the players. half the time you can't sign them because of work permits

2FC4DF542F6E169E746D11480195A8310B898F09

this guy for example, there would be no point in geniescouting, i only got the work permit because he played for his country, and therfore would have been found anyway.

Archived