+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Champions League Group Stage Qualification

Default Champions League Group Stage Qualification

Hi all.

Currently playing as West Ham in the Champions League. Unfortunatly I have only finished third, despite being on the same points and better +goal difference then the second place team

1st Barcelona GD +11 Pts 15
    2nd SLB GD +1 Pts 10
    3rd WHUFC GD +8 Pts 10
    4th Olympiakos GD -20 Pts 0

Interestingly after the 5th match was complete, the game decided I had not qualified. On the last match I smashed Olympiakos 6-0 and SLB lost to barca 3-0. Unless I am missing something this must be a bug?

Part-Timer
    Playing FM here: http://fm-fmo.weebly.com

Its your head to head against SLB that counts when points are the same.

World Cup Winner

The first decider for Champions League groups standings are the results between the teams concerned, rather than goal difference.

Reserves

As Erimus has said above when teams are level it goes down to head to head record, it tells you this in the competition rules.

Also goal difference counts on the H2H if you are tied to be very careful not to attack too much if you are one down to a team of similar ability because it could kill you. I've gone out of Europe twice because of this H2H goal difference. It's a manager's worst nightmare.

Thumbs up

Thank you for all your replies and for clearing this up. I did draw and lose to this team so guess my standing is correct.

+ Reply to Thread