Diego Maradona? Pele? Van Basten? Forget that.. here comes Rooney

Ok, I admit, that's an awfully ambiguous thread title..

My issue is Rooney's scoring record: 15 games into the league, Rooney is leading the scoring chart with 16 goals?! Second highest scorer is 12 goals, and third place is four or three strikers on 9 goals..

Is there any way to tone down Rooney's stats mid-season? Seriously, he is way too Godly...

Ok, I admit, that's an awfully ambiguous thread title..

My issue is Rooney's scoring record: 15 games into the league, Rooney is leading the scoring chart with 16 goals?! Second highest scorer is 12 goals, and third place is four or three strikers on 9 goals..

Is there any way to tone down Rooney's stats mid-season? Seriously, he is way too Godly...

Whats wrong with him scoring that many so soon? he has like 13 goals in from the last 11 games in real life.

IMHO, Rooney is way overrated on FM. Good striker IRL? Yes. But sorry, he's not as great as his stats make him out to be.

Now take a look at Alex Chamberlain's stats. So underrated. Not saying he should be godly, but he deserves better.

To each his own, I guess :) Just felt like ranting.

IMHO, Rooney is way overrated on FM. Good striker IRL? Yes. But sorry, he's not as great as his stats make him out to be.

Now take a look at Alex Chamberlain's stats. So underrated. Not saying he should be godly, but he deserves better.

To each his own, I guess :) Just felt like ranting.

what stats of rooneys are overrated and what number should they be.

what stats of rooneys are overrated and what number should they be.

Ok, once I post these stats, what happens exactly? You'll magically agree with me? Just wanna know, don't wanna waste my time or effort actually trying to determine what stats suit him. But, the short and sweet answer would be a drop in mental stats, which I think are causing more damage than his skill / physical attributes. I don't remember the exact attributes he has on my save (at work right now), all I know is, MOST of his mental stats are light blue (16 and +)

Ok, once I post these stats, what happens exactly? You'll magically agree with me? Just wanna know, don't wanna waste my time or effort actually trying to determine what stats suit him. But, the short and sweet answer would be a drop in mental stats, which I think are causing more damage than his skill / physical attributes. I don't remember the exact attributes he has on my save (at work right now), all I know is, MOST of his mental stats are light blue (16 and +)

And rightfully so! He's probably the top striker in the world. Between him and Van Persie.

Does anyone else think it's too easy to score in the game. I think the level of defending irl is at it's worst in my lifetime, (so perhaps the game reflects that!) but in my games' national scoring records seem to tumble easily, with international players recording near goal a game records (I don't have any screenshots to back this up if this is not in most peoples experience).

In anyone's long term game, is for example Bobby Charlton's 50 odd year scoring record still standing for England? Or Pele's, Luigi Riva's etc.

In real life these have stood for generations, it would be some achievement to break them.

as far as out and out complete strikers .. rooney is certainly in the top 5 in the world irl...

and his value for his team is incalculable... without rooney this season, they would never be in the position they are in right now... not a chance..

and 16 goals in 15 games isnt even stretching the truth if you look at his record in seasons past and this season in particular

Rooney > Van Basten

dude.... the only reason i can think of that merits an ignorant statement like that is that you're probablytoo young to have ever seen San Marco play. Rooney isn't good enough to polish his freakin shoes.

Well i asked you to post them to have my say to see if you may be right.

post all the stats you thnk hes overrated for.

Archived