Closed Thread

Thread: Diego Maradona? Pele? Van Basten? Forget that.. here comes Rooney

Amateur

Thumbs down Diego Maradona? Pele? Van Basten? Forget that.. here comes Rooney

Ok, I admit, that's an awfully ambiguous thread title..

My issue is Rooney's scoring record: 15 games into the league, Rooney is leading the scoring chart with 16 goals?! Second highest scorer is 12 goals, and third place is four or three strikers on 9 goals..

Is there any way to tone down Rooney's stats mid-season? Seriously, he is way too Godly...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Myros00 View Post
    Ok, I admit, that's an awfully ambiguous thread title..

My issue is Rooney's scoring record: 15 games into the league, Rooney is leading the scoring chart with 16 goals?! Second highest scorer is 12 goals, and third place is four or three strikers on 9 goals..

Is there any way to tone down Rooney's stats mid-season? Seriously, he is way too Godly...
    Whats wrong with him scoring that many so soon? he has like 13 goals in from the last 11 games in real life.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by toon army 06 View Post
    Whats wrong with him scoring that many so soon? he has like 13 goals in from the last 11 games in real life.
    I wouldn't bother. You can throw all the real life stats at people you like but they will never be happy.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

I'd be more worried about these statistics: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ls-in-a-season

Amateur

I had Rooney scoring 11 in the 2014 World Cup. I think we can all agree how impossible that is.

Amateur

67 goals in 59 starts and 3 sub appearances is the best return i've had from him ... not too shabby haha

Semi Pro

Also Messi-esque.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by quaazi View Post
    I had Rooney scoring 11 in the 2014 World Cup. I think we can all agree how impossible that is.
    I had a player score eleven in the 2018 World Cup. I was so proud. :***)

Third Team

i get over 50 in a season out of hernandez >.>

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by scott MUFC View Post
    i get over 50 in a season out of hernandez >.>
    He does very well for me too, I think over 30 in 23 games this season already.

Amateur

IMHO, Rooney is way overrated on FM. Good striker IRL? Yes. But sorry, he's not as great as his stats make him out to be.

Now take a look at Alex Chamberlain's stats. So underrated. Not saying he should be godly, but he deserves better.

To each his own, I guess Just felt like ranting.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by x42bn6 View Post
    I'd be more worried about these statistics: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ls-in-a-season
    My favourite part of this thread is the morale of the player in the OP, who has scored 70 for the season and 10 in his last five, is 'fairly poor'.

Youth Team

thats cos the missus said no

Amateur

I checked out Rooney as a 35 year old in my save just the other day. His mental stats were.. well.. mental. Nothing below 16 except positioning. I guess he matures well..

Part-Timer

IMHO, Rooney is way overrated on FM. Good striker IRL? Yes. But sorry, he's not as great as his stats make him out to be.

Now take a look at Alex Chamberlain's stats. So underrated. Not saying he should be godly, but he deserves better.

To each his own, I guess Just felt like ranting.
    what stats of rooneys are overrated and what number should they be.

Amateur

Rooney > Van Basten

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toon army 06 View Post
    what stats of rooneys are overrated and what number should they be.
    Ok, once I post these stats, what happens exactly? You'll magically agree with me? Just wanna know, don't wanna waste my time or effort actually trying to determine what stats suit him. But, the short and sweet answer would be a drop in mental stats, which I think are causing more damage than his skill / physical attributes. I don't remember the exact attributes he has on my save (at work right now), all I know is, MOST of his mental stats are light blue (16 and +)

Amateur
    "What did the letter O say to Q? Dude, your dick is hanging out!"

Ok, once I post these stats, what happens exactly? You'll magically agree with me? Just wanna know, don't wanna waste my time or effort actually trying to determine what stats suit him. But, the short and sweet answer would be a drop in mental stats, which I think are causing more damage than his skill / physical attributes. I don't remember the exact attributes he has on my save (at work right now), all I know is, MOST of his mental stats are light blue (16 and +)
    And rightfully so! He's probably the top striker in the world. Between him and Van Persie.

Semi Pro

Of out-and-out STs in the world right now, I'd say Rooney is top 4, alongside (in no order) Gonzalo Higuain, Mario Gomez and Robin Van Persie.

Amateur

Does anyone else think it's too easy to score in the game. I think the level of defending irl is at it's worst in my lifetime, (so perhaps the game reflects that!) but in my games' national scoring records seem to tumble easily, with international players recording near goal a game records (I don't have any screenshots to back this up if this is not in most peoples experience).

In anyone's long term game, is for example Bobby Charlton's 50 odd year scoring record still standing for England? Or Pele's, Luigi Riva's etc.

In real life these have stood for generations, it would be some achievement to break them.

Reserves

as far as out and out complete strikers .. rooney is certainly in the top 5 in the world irl...

and his value for his team is incalculable... without rooney this season, they would never be in the position they are in right now... not a chance..

and 16 goals in 15 games isnt even stretching the truth if you look at his record in seasons past and this season in particular

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ndebergerac View Post
    Rooney > Van Basten
    dude.... the only reason i can think of that merits an ignorant statement like that is that you're probablytoo young to have ever seen San Marco play. Rooney isn't good enough to polish his freakin shoes.

Part-Timer

Well i asked you to post them to have my say to see if you may be right.

post all the stats you thnk hes overrated for.

Closed Thread