Stupidly Unrealistic Sugar Daddy...

Right, so I am managing Panathinaikos in Greece. I am in 2015, I have built a Champions League winning squad spending no more than I earn (and developing an awesome tactic that has worked everywhere I've gone, won Serie A with Bologna first season once). I have won every Greek championship since taking over as well. I've run the club properly.

Anyway, my save has been RUINED by Olympiakos being bought up by a Scottish businessman who has pumped stupid amounts of money into the club. First season they spent 30M on transfers, this season they spent 60M on transfers and have an annual wage budget of 60M. You simply cannot spend that much money in Greece because it is SUICIDAL, you will never get that money back through revenue/prize money...And despite the fact that they lose over a hundred million a season, the sugar daddy just pumps in more money.

It's ridiculous, this would never happen in real life.

A sugar daddy buying a Greek club? No, not unrealistic, not even this current crisis because rich people have owned Greek clubs before. But a sugar daddy, despite losing 100M+ a season STILL putting more money into the club? No way!

It's plain cheating! The way AI manages finances in this game is a joke.

Don't look at it as something that ruined your save, look at it as a challenge. Imagine what CSKA Moscow and other teams in Russia think about Anzhi for example. No doubt they have a number of feelings about the situation, but they're not going to give up just because a team suddenly has a lot more money than them.

Man City has been losing around €100m per season since the shiek took over, IIRC.

In the EPL however, there is an opportunity to recover that money. Isn't Prize Money in the EPL 30M if you finish 1st? And England is a far bigger country population wise.

In Greece it's not possible, because prize money is significantly less, as is sponsorship money.

I'm just ranting I guess :D.

It is a good thing for Greece in your save. The bigger the club gets and the better it does the more rep the Greek league will grow with the dynamic league rep. Maybe the Sugar Daddy wants to make Greece one of the best leagues in the world, well its kind of a start :D

And like others have said before, its gives you a challenge. :)

Right, so I am managing Panathinaikos in Greece. I am in 2015, I have built a Champions League winning squad spending no more than I earn (and developing an awesome tactic that has worked everywhere I've gone, won Serie A with Bologna first season once). I have won every Greek championship since taking over as well. I've run the club properly.

Anyway, my save has been RUINED by Olympiakos being bought up by a Scottish businessman who has pumped stupid amounts of money into the club. First season they spent 30M on transfers, this season they spent 60M on transfers and have an annual wage budget of 60M. You simply cannot spend that much money in Greece because it is SUICIDAL, you will never get that money back through revenue/prize money...And despite the fact that they lose over a hundred million a season, the sugar daddy just pumps in more money.

It's ridiculous, this would never happen in real life.

A sugar daddy buying a Greek club? No, not unrealistic, not even this current crisis because rich people have owned Greek clubs before. But a sugar daddy, despite losing 100M+ a season STILL putting more money into the club? No way!

It's plain cheating! The way AI manages finances in this game is a joke.

As far as rich people are concerned, be it in FM or in reality, nothing seems to shock me anymore.

Iv'e had both Dundee United and Kilmarnock taken over by sugar daddies in the same game within 2 years of the start. Kilmarnock have only won the league once and rangers and celtic have won all the others. Im in 2020/2021

Iv'e had both Dundee United and Kilmarnock taken over by sugar daddies in the same game within 2 years of the start. Kilmarnock have only won the league once and rangers and celtic have won all the others. Im in 2020/2021

how much money did they get.

I had a super-satisfying sugar daddy failure in mine. I was St. Johnstone and had just won my first SPL. Then Kilmarnock got taken over by a sugar daddy and started throwing obscene (for the SPL anyway) amounts of money about. They also had a string of highprofile managers, but couldnt take the SPL off me as I consistently won it.

After about 6-7 years Kilmarnocks sugar daddy withdrew his funding and they just went back to being a normal team.

See it as a challenge, if you can hold them off then you might be able to force him to quit!

Not sure how much but they generally spend about 20million each a season and their reps went way up. Kilmarnock have made the CL group stages and when he took over the club their chairman made Mark Hughes manager.

Nice hope to see one in my save what year did this happen in?

It's not that crazy considering that IRL Anzhi have a crumbling old stadium that isn't very big, local people who can only afford £1-2 per ticket, no marketing/sponsorship potential and no history of success yet have potentially the greatest Sugar Daddy in world football.

In my game I saw a far worse one. Usti Nad Labem in the Czech 2nd league had one take over. He was paying more than £20k per week to unknown young players who weren't even that good while most of the team initially were on less than £1,000 per week. IRL this is a club that has less than 1,000 fans per game, has no history, has no potential and is in a dreadful league. The businessman here was Norwegian.

It's a funny feature of the game, but as said above you should just embrace and enjoy the new challenge. It should give you something new to aim for considering the Greek league was obviously far too easy for you before this takeover happened.

Archived