I'am a legend with the club I'am managing atm , could i go back to them after resigning?

International management can be great, but it can also be a pain in the ass. Like after you submit your squad list for the World Cup, get ready for 3 or 4 to go down with injury by the 2nd group game!

Managing two teams simultaneously is great, I love it. Although for myself its two club teams. I have tried managing two club teams AND internationally, at that point it becomes a bit much :lol:

Might be different on this version, but on previous FM's once you left a club you instantly went into their disliked list (even if your contract ran out, or you were a legend). I have no idea if that has been fixed in FM12.

I've never enjoyed managing both a club and an International team. It always ends up you enjoy one job more than the other, and the other one starts becoming a real drag. The one situation that I do enjoy it is when I'm managing a club with the sole intention of bringing players through for the National side. Like managing Ajax and Netherlands, ect.

You might struggle. It's easy if you are a smaller club, but as a bigger club (and Man United are a moderately big club), reputation alone won't necessarily cancel out the fact that you've left them once.

You might struggle. It's easy if you are a smaller club, but as a bigger club (and Man United are a moderately big club), reputation alone won't necessarily cancel out the fact that you've left them once.

Alright cheers, I was just wondering if it was like FM11 where I'am now their mortal enemy :p

I left Rampla Juniors to join boca and remained on their legends list.

Could I get my job back though?

Alright cheers, I was just wondering if it was like FM11 where I'am now their mortal enemy :p

I got my job as Chimney Corner manager back on Fm09 which had the "mortal enemy" feature in it. I'm not sure if FM12 has that (can't remember SI's comment), either people are used to it or it isn't there any more because there aren't many complaints any more.

You know I hope for your sake,and mine that you can get it back. I just Led barca to 2 league title and the champions league in 2 season, jsut to lose my job when contract was up, Now I am at city for a season and hoping in a season the new guy will have failed and I can walk right back in.....but I doubt he will fail, i built a fortress at barca, we hadnt lost a home league game in 2 seasons

Might be different on this version, but on previous FM's once you left a club you instantly went into their disliked list (even if your contract ran out, or you were a legend). I have no idea if that has been fixed in FM12.

It isn't like that on this version.

On my current career save I took the England job in 2016 and carried on managing my club side, which at the time was Swansea. After the 2016/17 season I resigned from my position at Swansea to concerntrate on the upcoming 2018 World Cup, but remained on the "Icons" list.

Since then I won the World Cup and then left the national team, before being appointed Mancheter City manager. I have signed numerous players and staff from Swansea, and still remain on the list.

I am hoping to rejoin them one day.

I have just checked back on my Barca team that I left 2 months ago when i was on the "favoured personell" list, and I wasn't anywhere to be seen. Open up FMRTE to check if i was anywhere to be seen in their, and there I was "Dislikes person: 100" That seems a bit harsh for a manager who won 2 league title in 2 seasons and the champions league in season 2. Plus never getting beaten at home in the league in those 2 seasons.

All because i signed Mascherano I think, Mancini offered him to e though, not like I went in and just bid an ver the top amount. I would understand if i had walked in and took messi, but really, Mascherano has made me hated?

I have just checked back on my Barca team that I left 2 months ago when i was on the "favoured personell" list, and I wasn't anywhere to be seen. Open up FMRTE to check if i was anywhere to be seen in their, and there I was "Dislikes person: 100" That seems a bit harsh for a manager who won 2 league title in 2 seasons and the champions league in season 2. Plus never getting beaten at home in the league in those 2 seasons.

All because i signed Mascherano I think, Mancini offered him to e though, not like I went in and just bid an ver the top amount. I would understand if i had walked in and took messi, but really, Mascherano has made me hated?

Ok that seems then I wouldnt get my job back even if I stayed on their icon/legend list

Ok that seems then I wouldnt get my job back even if I stayed on their icon/legend list

Thats the thing, i think if you stay on the list then you will probs be able to walk back into the job. I am thinking about editing the "Dislike: 100" to "Like: 25" which would put me back on the favoured personal lit, like i think i would still be in real life.

Thats the thing, i think if you stay on the list then you will probs be able to walk back into the job. I am thinking about editing the "Dislike: 100" to "Like: 25" which would put me back on the favoured personal lit, like i think i would still be in real life.

I would like to see a dynamic AI system over leaving clubs, e.g. so If I went from luton to Man Utd hopefully they wouldnt hate as it is not a rival + a bigger club. However going from Man Utd to Man City I could understand the hatred.

I would like the same thing for leaving to join a national team and maybe the hatred is reduced or null , see Harry Rednapp and Spurs would they depise Harry if he left for England? (well maybe if they dont stay in the Top 4 :p, but when they were 3rd)

Harry Rednapp and Spurs would they depise Harry if he left for England?

I think they would probably accept that he had to take his chance...but then 2 years later would hate him when he "ruins england" like its inevitable will happen to whoever takes the job :)

But yeh i think that's a good shout about the dynamic system.

I would like the same thing for leaving to join a national team and maybe the hatred is reduced or null , see Harry Rednapp and Spurs would they depise Harry if he left for England

See post Number 13;

It isn't like that on this version.

On my current career save I took the England job in 2016 and carried on managing my club side, which at the time was Swansea. After the 2016/17 season I resigned from my position at Swansea to concerntrate on the upcoming 2018 World Cup, but remained on the "Icons" list.

Since then I won the World Cup and then left the national team, before being appointed Mancheter City manager. I have signed numerous players and staff from Swansea, and still remain on the list.

I am hoping to rejoin them one day.

Archived