(Android) Is FMH multiplayer over a network?

The GooglePlay store is getting a little visit once I get home, of this there is no doubt, regardless of the answer to this question...

Does the android version of FMH allow for multiplayer over a network? Or even hotseating? :confused:

(I checked the FAQs but found nothing relating to this, and also scanned this forum)

• SI Staff

No neither of the mobile phone games include a network game option at present, sorry.

This is purely down to the huge amount of time it took maintaining the network game option in the PSP game and the very limited number of people who ever actually utilised it.

Shame, that would be great. As a person who HUGELY misses FML, I think it'd be awesome if far far in the future something FML'ish would be brought on the handheld. I'm not a business man, but I could imagine the potential there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested to see a server program that you could run on PC. Giving people your IP address to enter into a multiplayer section of the game (Even if port forwarding is required) and allowing you to connect (from your andriod and/or iPhone) to a multiplayer game that you were hosting on PC.

This wouldn't take any serverside responsibility on SI's behalf. I imagine it would need alot of network support though. (Infact I'd love to trial something like that out. Beta testing!? =P)

Loading your game and making your changes, offers etc in your turn before clicking continue (which sends the info to the server and waits for everyone to continue before letting everyone progress)

I never played FML I don't even know what it is, I just spent most of my time playing LAN networks with a couple of friends, but what I just mentioned above would potentially allow me and my mates (and everyone else - Honestly I'm not THAT selfish) to play our silly addictive FM link game on the go.

Maybe I'm asking too much, but would that or something similiar EVER be a possibility?

• SI Staff
Maybe I'm asking too much, but would that or something similiar EVER be a possibility?

Its technically possible - unfortunately for the amount of work involved (which would be huge) I"m afraid its very unlikely ... sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived