Options when building a new stadium - fm-suggestion

Having managed to convince my board to build a new stadium, I'd like to make a suggestion. Why future versions of the game do not bring in, once the board decides to build a new stadium, some options for you to choose (if you are influential enough inside the club) like:

- size of the new stadium

- capacity (and extension capacity)

- name of the future stadium (or the possibility to name it after a company if there is an offer interest enough)

- some design options

I know not many managers would have voice in such a project, but some like Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson would. Other than that, it would be fun to be able to have stadium with odd names like "Vinnie Jones Park" or "Roy of the Rovers Stadium".

Cheers

Big

Bigger than the "big" I mentioned earlier

- name of the future stadium (or the possibility to name it after a company if there is an offer interest enough)

The Purefun Cleon Arena Bowl Megadome, Sponsored by Ackter

- some design options

MOAR HOT DOG STANDS!!!

;)

Big

Bigger than the "big" I mentioned earlier

The Purefun Cleon Arena Bowl Megadome, Sponsored by Ackter

- some design options

MOAR HOT DOG STANDS!!!

;)

Best stadium name ever if you drop the purefun bit :(

----------------

I'm not a fan of choosing how big you'd want the stadium to be though as everyone would just choose the biggest they could even if it was impractical.

I do agree with been able to name it though.

Actually, I meant to tell the board to do it smaller than suggested (if that was the case), not bigger (with a bigger extension capacity instead). And to choose the design would be a nice feature for the in-game action... :-)

Actually, I meant to tell the board to do it smaller than suggested (if that was the case), not bigger (with a bigger extension capacity instead). And to choose the design would be a nice feature for the in-game action... :-)

Football managers don't have a say in the design of football stadia.

It'd still be a nice touch for the game albeit not all that realistic.

I agree with that, but, honestly, it is still a game, not life. It wouldn't hurt anyone and it could be a nice visual feature. In the end, you are not allowed to start your managerial career guiding Messi's Barcelona either...

I'm all for the manager being allowed to "suggest" a name to the board. Currently, new stadia are named after the town or a former player/manager of the club. How many stadia are named that way in real life? I want interesting names.

Football managers don't have a say in the design of football stadia.

Yes they do. By the very nature that stadiums are built for football teams and their managers, what is needed by managers definitely goes into it. I'm pretty sure Arsenal gave Wenger much influence over the stadium and the facilities the club uses.

The board have terrible AI and completely lack foresight in their decision making.

Human players should have more control, and more information over these facilities.

I Know Wenger had some input on the new ground but I only think it went as far as how he wanted the dressing room to be which he had made circular so all players faced each other and something to do with the dugout, I doubt he sat there choosing where to put the burger bars/club shop/toilets and which type of metal and glass to use for the roof and how they should go about constructing it.

I do though however wish we could rename the stadiums via some sort of editor as the AI does come up with some awful names.

Archived