+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homesick Player

Amateur

Default Homesick Player

I bought a Ukrainian defender in January. It is now july I have given him 3 seperate leave of absences. He is a top defender and I want him as part of my main team but he only played 3 times since January.

Is he a lost cause?

Amateur

Isn't there the option of bringing someone in to appease him? A fellow Ukrainian player or perhaps one of his favourites? See if that's feasible.

Semi Pro

Tell him to get his act together and be professional. Worked for me on Dos Santos. If they can't hack it and their performances are directly affected by it, then move them on.

Amateur

I got fed up with him and sold in the summer window (6 months after I bought him). I managed to get exactly what I paid for him in January.

Third Team

'I think you were a bit premature in selling the player but thats just my opinion. It would have been much better I think to try Giggsidan's fix and brought in some more ukranian staff and\or players.

Youth Team

Selling him was probably a good idea to be honest.
    Asking him which player he wants you to sign is very risky especially if you cant afford who he asks for or if the player is completely rubbish and a waste of a wage. If you dont sign him by the end of the transfer window, they normally request a transfer.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by trekman View Post
    'I think you were a bit premature in selling the player but thats just my opinion. It would have been much better I think to try Giggsidan's fix and brought in some more ukranian staff and\or players.
    Even after 3 separate leaves of absence in 6 months? I guess it depends on how important he is to your team and his potential, but after 3 I would move him on.
    Sometimes it's very difficult to sign a player/staff member from an obscure nation, and even then you need to ask whether it's worth it.

+ Reply to Thread