Riding high in the league, League Cup Final to come, CL quarter final to come so all is well. Except my club, Oxford is bankrupt. It's Jan and I've just turned down a big offer for my star striker. What are the implications of being bankrupt and how should I handle it?

Cheers.

Thanks. What will happen if I don't? How quickly do I need to start doing this? Also, loads of my players are up for renewal in the summer and of course they all want more money. Is this the beginning of the end for Oxford...?

• SI Staff

You'll find wages and transfer budget restricted while you're bankrupt - if you can keep things sensible then the club will likely pull themselves out of it once the wages are on an even keel .... HOWEVER if you get relegated or under-perform things could get worse before they get better.

If you sell players obviously that'll help a lot with things, at the cost of under-performance potentially though ....

Best bet imho is look at the players, do you think you'll be able to resign them with restricted wages in place, if not then look at selling to try and get the finances on an even keel - if you can then try and stay the course, do bear in mind if you're bankrupt some clubs/managers will try cheeky offers on you as they know you're not in a position to negotiate that hard.

You'll find wages and transfer budget restricted while you're bankrupt - if you can keep things sensible then the club will likely pull themselves out of it once the wages are on an even keel .... HOWEVER if you get relegated or under-perform things could get worse before they get better.

If you sell players obviously that'll help a lot with things, at the cost of under-performance potentially though ....

Best bet imho is look at the players, do you think you'll be able to resign them with restricted wages in place, if not then look at selling to try and get the finances on an even keel - if you can then try and stay the course, do bear in mind if you're bankrupt some clubs/managers will try cheeky offers on you as they know you're not in a position to negotiate that hard.

I seem to remember years ago on the PC version that if you were Bankrupt the Board would accept bids on your behalf

(so you would no longer have the ability to reject an offer from another club as the board would make that decison for you)

- would this happen in FMH ?

I seem to remember years ago on the PC version that if you were Bankrupt the Board would accept bids on your behalf

(so you would no longer have the ability to reject an offer from another club as the board would make that decison for you)

- would this happen in FMH ?

That is something I would like to see implemented!

• SI Staff

The FMH Vibe save game editor might contain a field to allow you to do it - I don't know offhand tbh ...

(that program works on the iOS and Android games, although its NOT official - so use it at your own risk and please obviously back up your save game before hand just in case there are issues)

Archived