Seriously? AI is cheating or HUGE bug?

:mad:

At the moment I'm boiling with hate!

This has happened me once before but this time was too much. It was important match.

Europa League 4th Qual. Round leg 2. (Agains Saint-Etienne. Firts leg was played home and it ended 0-0.)

It is still 0 - 0 in Saint-Etienne's home after first half. I decide to make some substitutions. I go to the tactics screen at 62. minute and I do two substitutions. Then I try to click "Confirm Changes" but game doesn't respond. At the same time match time starts to fly and it is 76. minute when game finaly respond to my clicking. So I return to match view and can't belive my eyes! It is now 2-0!!!

So they scored while I was doing my substitutions.. right?

My settings are: play crowd sound and replay goals.

During my time in tactic screen. Crowd did not react in anyway when their team made two goals. There was no re-plays. And comentary line did not say that there were any goals.

I stop the match and went to report screed to see what happened and the biggest suprise..

They scored at the 55. and 58. minute!!! At that time I was watching the match and I can sure you there was no goals. Report didnt even say how those goals were made!?!!?

I lost all passion for this game.

And more strange things. One of my players took yellow card. I saw it.

The blue timeline thing show that there was yellow card but information disappear from this players "data".

I have also "detailed match stats" box in my match view. Yellow card information has disappear from those start too.

HAHA <snip> continue.

The player that took that yellow card I mentoined earlier took another yellow card. But as I said first one was forgotten or something..

It is full time now. What the hell am I going to say to my team? Maybe "You played well but unfortunately this game is buggy or cheating and thats why is wasn't out night tonight". :thdn:

It's a known bug that's been in the game for years. Apparently SI have no idea what causes it so they can't fix it. I've had it twice in FM12, once I got awarded a goal that never happened to change my 3-0 win into a 4-0 and the other time it changed to award me a loss in a game that was played out as a draw.

It's a known bug that's been in the game for years. Apparently SI have no idea what causes it so they can't fix it. I've had it twice in FM12, once I got awarded a goal that never happened to change my 3-0 win into a 4-0 and the other time it changed to award me a loss in a game that was played out as a draw.

Really? I have never heard this one before!

The match ended 3-1 and two last goals were noted properly in report.

Think I would be resetting as well in this case. I have no problem with losing but I have to lose fairly and in this case you can count yourself as cheated.

Only time I noticed something wrong with the game was when my AML scored but my striker got credited with the goal. Thought I was cracking up so checked the replay several times to see if I was being an idiot but my striker was on the other side of the penalty area and never got near the ball.

Maybe one should not post while still boiling with hate...

Anyway, that's not the AI cheating but fairly obviously a bug which should be reported at the appropriate place.

Obviously I agree that this should not happen.

Is this linked to not pausing the game when changing stuff? I always pause the game when making substitutions and tactical changes, and even shouts. I've never had this happen in 4 years of playing, and what must be now literally 1000's of watched matches.

• Administrators
just the fm2012 bug, and thats why i dont play fm2012 now.

Hate to say it but I reckon this issue has been in the game since around FM08, it's really an incredibly difficult rare bug to track down.

Hate to say it but I reckon this issue has been in the game since around FM08, it's really an incredibly difficult rare bug to track down.

really??!! i started since fm10, but never found this bug in earlier versions, until fm2012 came out~~

• Administrators

In previous versions it seemed slightly more common if a game went to extra-time, but even then it's really quite rare. Incredibly frustrating mind, both for users and us here.

Ive only come across this once in all my years but it was in 12, i worked in my favour through the AI not getting a goal but i still lost, but i wasnt making any changes or anything when it happened, the ME just started stuttering, they scored, celebrated, game kicked off at the same score and the goal wasnt on the time line.

Is this linked to not pausing the game when changing stuff? I always pause the game when making substitutions and tactical changes, and even shouts. I've never had this happen in 4 years of playing, and what must be now literally 1000's of watched matches.

I'm in the same boat, I always pause before tinkering. I vaguely remember something similar happening ages ago which was a red card for my team for which there was no replay or description of in the match report. So that probably also fits into this bug.

In previous versions it seemed slightly more common if a game went to extra-time, but even then it's really quite rare. Incredibly frustrating mind, both for users and us here.

Been playing FM07 since 2006 when it was released and play my share of extra-time games, never found this bug ever.

I had the same thing, a red card that never happened. A goal from my team cancelled from the scoreboard and a penalty for the opposition that never happened. And if I won this game I would have received a Promotion Ticket.

This FM has deserved his nickname "Bugsie". So instead of 3-1, the game decided to give me a 2-2 and I lost my best player for one match. One word, ridiculous.

The most funny thing is, that you can see the red carded player, playing the whole match like nothing happened. Is this the new Blatter feature?

Should SI want to see the pictures, I'm willing to post them. They can print them out and hang them on their wall of shame. Maybe instead of swimming in their swimming pool full of coins, they will start fixing bugs. I don't believe that this happened before FM2010, you can prove me wrong with a thread in the bugs forum from that date.

Been playing FM07 since 2006 when it was released and play my share of extra-time games, never found this bug ever.

Me either. Though obviously would be quite handy if "bonus" goals were awarded in favour of my own team... :D

Should SI want to see the pictures, I'm willing to post them. They can print them out and hang them on their wall of shame. Maybe instead of swimming in their swimming pool full of coins, they will start fixing bugs. I don't believe that this happened before FM2010, you can prove me wrong with a thread in the bugs forum from that date.

This is a bug report from FM09 (FM08 isn't easy to get at) I can't link you as you don't have access so have C&P'd.

06-04-2009 18:39

Jed_Leeds_ United_ Fan

user-offline.png

AmateurJoin Date31st March 2009LocationLeedsPosts316

[h=2]
icon1.png
I win league cup game, then after it said iv lost!?[/h]

Just started my second season with leeds. After winning league one with 112 points in my first season n won the JP trophy, I was very much looking forward to the next one in the championship!

But in my second game, league cup 1st round away to mansfield town. After 90 mins the score was 1-1, but into extra time Krivets bagged (2) late goals and the final score finnished 3-1 to me.. Yet low and behold, straight after the game it says iv lost 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw!! lol... completly different scorers, and when i look at the replys of the goals, they all show reply of krivets winners lol.

Anyone else had a problem like this? Lookily the game saved automatically bfor the game so I can just replay it.. But kind of makes me not wana play the game anymore.. grr....

And another

14-03-2009 17:20

user-offline.png

AmateurJoin Date30th July 2008LocationEssexPosts283

[h=2]
icon1.png
(9.3.0) how?[/h]

I'm playing Manchester United in the League Cup 4th round as West Ham, It's 1-1 after 90 minutes. Go deep into extra time and on 109 minutes Breno scores with a goal from a corner, no surprises there. So time goes on and the game finishes I've won 2-1... but hang on the game engine claims that Carlos Tevez scored in the 114th minute when even the timeline bit at the bottom of the screen clearly shows no recollection of the goal. Ok so I swallow that, hopefully I'll win on penalties I score all 4 of mine and Owen Hargreaves steps up(Carlos Tevez already missed Man Utd's first penalty) he misses I've won.... no wait I haven't the game freezes. Also whilst penalties are happening I switched from tv view to classic there are two different sets of penalty takers for TV and Classic View. I've just left the game as it is Owen Hargreaves in the middle of the box having hit the post, hoping that perhaps the game will just allow Man Utd to lose. I'm gutted at the possibility of knocking out Man Utd being completely wiped because of a disastrous bug.

From FM08

23-09-2008 01:08

bobdodge

user-offline.png

AmateurJoin Date31st May 2008LocationManchesterPosts59

[h=2]
icon5.png
Wrong scorelines[/h]

My bug is where id be in a match and the commentary will say I've scored but on the screen in highlight mode it will show my players just passing the ball around or something like the ball out of play and then the scoreline at the top of the screen doesn't agree with the commentary because its still 0-0 and the game will end 2-2 but when i come out of the match and go back to my inbox it says I've lost 3-1. this bug really makes the game unplayable. i do remember this bug being documented somewhere on the old forum design but i can no longer find it and I'm still waiting for a patch or a fix for this bug. replies appreciated.

From FM08

23-09-2008 01:08

bobdodge

user-offline.png

AmateurJoin Date31st May 2008LocationManchesterPosts59

[h=2]
icon5.png
Wrong scorelines[/h]

My bug is where id be in a match and the commentary will say I've scored but on the screen in highlight mode it will show my players just passing the ball around or something like the ball out of play and then the scoreline at the top of the screen doesn't agree with the commentary because its still 0-0 and the game will end 2-2 but when i come out of the match and go back to my inbox it says I've lost 3-1. this bug really makes the game unplayable. i do remember this bug being documented somewhere on the old forum design but i can no longer find it and I'm still waiting for a patch or a fix for this bug. replies appreciated.

I dont think this kind if bug is the same one I experienced. In this one the result chace after match.. or the player didnt noticed the scoreboard chaces during match.

I dont think this kind if bug is the same one I experienced. In this one the result chace after match.. or the player didnt noticed the scoreboard chaces during match.

That was just the first I came across (they didn't have a separate ME bug forum then) there are variations of the problem and some which are more similar to yours, but I was just showing that it has been around a long time as Neil said.

That was just the first I came across (they didn't have a separate ME bug forum then) there are variations of the problem and some which are more similar to yours, but I was just showing that it has been around a long time as Neil said.

@Kriss, thank you for your prompt reply. Maybe I just got bad luck with this edition, I feel that I'm stumbling into every major bug. I hope that the guys at SI will have the same passion and love for the game as the moderators and the community, so I can be assured that the most urgent issues will be fixed before FM2013 comes out.

Well it is a ME problem and they are working on a new edition of the ME, so we can only hope that when it arrives it does eradicate some of the long standing issues.

This ME has evolved from something created over 15 years ago and PaulC made it clear that parts had become so complex they had no real room left for adjustment, milnerpoint can probably come up with a car analogy for it:D

I'll just caution you here that there's no guarantee it'll arrive for FM13, we have to wait for news on that but SI have at least as much passion and love for the game as us so they'll keep trying to make it better.

I've experienced something similar. It was 22nd minute, 0-0 and I went to tactic screen to adjust tactics. Seconds later tha half-time team talk screen appeared, and I was 0-2 down. Rather infuriating...

I just read this thread about 20 mins ago. I've been playing FM since championship manager 97-98 and have never had this problem. Then literally 2 mins later im playing Chelsea in the cup. Go to make a sub when its 0-0 with 70 mins gone. Come back to the game and Torres bangs one in for Chelsea. Gutted...... Oh no wait Rooney has apparently scored twice earlier on in the match. FT a 2-1 win. Im not gonna complain but id hate to be on the receiving end.

Wow just happened again. I was playing Norwich in the semi final of the fa cup. Actually had Nani and Rooney sent off before half time. Managed to get to the 117 min and i decided to bring some subs on with good penalty taking skills. Made them, came back to the game and apparently Hernandez had put one away in the 95th. Im in the final??

Might be, but not in all cases anyway. I am playing FM08 still, and I always pause the game before making any changes - I have still had this bug happen to me once (Once in extremely many matches). It is very, very rare.

**** **** ***** **** ***** **** :mad:

It happened again!!! This time in CL match against Roma. I lost 3-1. Roma got one extra special magic invisible goal.

This is really ruining the gaming experience.

Perhaps I have to save game before every cup and CL match. :thdn:

I'm disappointed SI. :(

• 4 weeks later...
I've never had this bug. Just out of interest, for those affected, are you running a daabase that's been edited, or just the normal one wih the last patch? I've never used the editor and haven't had the issue.

Normal database with the latest patch.

I get this on FM11 about once every 50 matches. Almost always it works out in my favour though. I played one match this morning and ended up winning 3-2 when I could have sworn it was 2-2. Thanks phantom goal!

Archived