Cant sign more Coaches?

I let a lot of my coaches go during the close season as they were worse than useless and I now have a paltry 6 left. I have my eye on a few coaches but I am no allowed to sign any more...the max is 6. I cannot ask the board for increase the number I can sign, it is greyed out and when I hover over it it says "increase the number of coaches", so there is no reason for it to do this. THe coaches I have left are world class coaches and bigger teams are always sniffing around them so I need to prepare for them leaving.

Is this a bug or do I just have a scaffy board (Milan)? For me, 6 coaches for a squad of mines' quality is pretty poor. I dont want to have to download an editor and start editing who pays their wages just to get coaches!

Ok fair point,

but I also have another question -

I sacked one of my poorer First team coaches after approaching Renee Muelensteen (a quality 1st team coach, he's at Fulham) or whatever his name is and it said "Max staff 6, current staff 6" at which point I sacked my poor 1st team coach. But now, when I go to hire another one, it says "Max staff 1, current 1"!

This game is confusing!

That cant be true cos I have now sacked another crap 1st team coach in order to approach another and for normal "coaches" it still says max 1, current 1. I also have absolutely no fitness coaches and I have only 1 goalkeeping coach so I should surely still have all that space left over!

No matter how many first team, youth, fitness or goalkeeping coaches you have the normal coach allowance won't increase as they are all listed separately. The only way to get more is to ask the board for more, which you can only do if all the positions are filled.

Archived