Germany

Holland

Italy

Mexico

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Turkey

USA+Canada down to Tier 8 from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301080-MikeMagnum-s-Alternate-MLS-North-America-2.0-Level-8

screenshot20120421at111.png

screenshot20120421at120.png

The Club: Dover Mustangs, 8th tier New England Premier League

Location: Dover, Delaware. This is the only club I could find from my home state, it pained me choosing them due my inherit disdain for the city, Philadelphia is actually closer to home than Dover is. The club appears to be loosely based on Delaware State University.

Rivals: Altoona RailRoaders

I've considered attempting this as a youth only challenge, but I've decided due to 1st wanting to improve my managerial abilities to hold off on that for now and save it for the next save.

I will be doing updates after each in game month.

Club Facilities:

Goals:

1. Bring Dover to the MLS

2. Establish a link with the Philadelphia Union while in the lower leagues

3. Win all major North American Trophies

4. Win the Club World Cup

5. At some point take over the US National Team and win the World Cup with them

6. If I feel like it, After my time with Dover take over the Philadelphia Union and bring them to glory

I am relatively new to the game so any tips you have for playing style, personnel management and anything at all really feel free to suggest it to me!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2011 Season Preview

Board Expectations:

New England Premier League: Respectable Finish

North American Open Cup: Learn From the Experience

United States Open Cup: Learn From the Experience

North American Amateur Cup: First Round

My Expectations:

New England Premier League: Top 3 or Win. (This is due to my preseason friendly results which I'll post later today)

North American Open Cup: Find out if I am actually in the Cup

United States Open Cup: Find out if I am actually in the Cup

North American Amateur Cup: Make a Run in either this cup or the other two if I am in them.

Related Question: I'm currently wrapping up my pre-season friendlies and The NAOC is already going on with Phase 1 Qualifying Groups which have lots of upper tier teams in them. Are their later phases, or am I just sitting out this year? I'm sure something similar will be happing with the USOC.

The New England Premier League

screenshot20120421at120.png

Here is the teams in the league for reference, and just to note the league splits after the 1st 19 games.

Mustangs :cool:.

Good luck with this fella :thup:.

Thanks! things are going surprising well with the friendlies so hopefully this will be a good season. Though I haven't managed an Amateur club before and I'm fearing my players getting stolen away.

2011 Preseason Friendlies

It turned out that My first league game wasn't until April 30th, so I had 4 months of nothing schedule. To pass the time I scheduled 17 friendlies against all sorts of opposition to test ourselves for the coming year, and too keep us match fit.

I am overall very Happy with these results. We started off very poorly but then had some truly memorable games against some high quality opponents, andt hose results give me confidence that I can do well in the league this year.

The tiers of our opponents and any notes I have on the games:

Dover Reserves-I can't even begin to explain this game. It was awful, our goalie is an idiot, and I thought we were headed for the bottom of the league

Ac Crusaders (6th Tier)-Better

FC Delco (7th Tier)-Gave up 3 different leads :(

I made a few moves after this game to bring in some better players (namely a keeper with a modicum of intelligence).

FC Buffalo (2nd Tier)-Really excited with this game, we went up 1-0 in the 12th minute, and their keeper got sent off in the 24th for walking out of the box with the ball.

Potomac (7th Tier) -a good win, their manager made some degrading comments about me which I found humorous.

FC New York (2nd Tier)-a quality performance against a high tier side

Jersey Express (3rd Tier)-another quality performance

Reading United (4th Tier)-another surprise win

Philadelphia Union U18s (1st Tier)-it was tied 1-1 when I pulled my starters in the 75th though the U18s deserved their win.

Baltimore Bays U18s (3rd Tier)-we were up 3-1 when I [pulled the started in the 72nd minute, put in my stupid keeper, and the rest is history :mad:

Baltimore Bays (3rd Tier)- completely dominating performance. They should consider playing their U18s for their regular season

Philadelphia Union Reserves (1st Tier)-they were the better side and deserved the win after goign up 2-0 in the first 7 minutes

Dover Reserves-REVENGE! :lol: Though is it really revenge if its your own team?

Philadelphia Union U18s (1st Tier)-Revenge win!

Our U18 side also had a few games, including beating the Senior sides for Potomac and CDA.

I'll post again today about the transfers I made.

Good luck pal!

Thanks!

Good luck with Dover Mustangs.Don't worry about losing to your reserves,I've lost to my u19's before :D

Thanks. Having just finished the first NEPL Game, I know this is gonna be a fun year.

2011 Preseason Squad, and Transfers

I mentioned previously that I made some moves after my embarrassing defeat to my reserves, and here they are:

2011 Preseason Transfers:

screenshot20120421at353.png

The only transfer out of the club was our 4th string goalie being released because 1. we had 41 players and only were allowed 40, and 2. he was our oldest goalie and still the worst.

Now to show where these guys are ability wise when compared to the rest of my squad.

2011 Preseason Team Report:

screenshot20120421at355.png

As you can see they are much much better than the rest of my team. It will be interesting to see how this roster plays out during the season.

Dover Mustangs April 2011

New England Premier League

April contained a few friendlies shown above, and on April 30th was our first league game.

screenshot20120421at423.png

A nice way to start the season for sure. :lol: It seems the players I have brought in are going to be great for this league.

North American Open Cup

I have discovered we are in this cup. We have been drawn into the 2nd Qualifying Round against Match Fit, which is in the "I forgot too look it up" Tier. I'm excited to get a game against a higher tiered opponent and see if we can make a cup run.

One thing I've noticed from this and the next games I've played is that I'm getting a lot of penalty calls. I've gotten at least 1 in every league game so far and 2 in some occasions. Does that seem odd?

Of all the things I did not expect to happen in the first few months of the career, this is up there. It would appear that Union manager Peter Nowak was fired and AVB :eek: wants to be his replacement.

screenshot20120421at650.png

Welcome to the new world.

Good to see another career in North America. But that has to be the oddest managerial move for Villas-Boas...

It seems like North America is becoming a common choice these days. And AVB took the job so I hope he knows what he's doing

screenshot20120422at505.png

interesting idea for a career mate. good luck :D

Thanks!

Looks like this year won't be too hard.

It seems this way though with cup matches I'm saving my best players for them which is causing closer games in the league.

Crap.Crap.Crap.Crap

screenshot20120422at658.png

Sanchez is my top striker with 16 goals in 7 games :mad:

Any tips on how to deal with this in the future? I think I can ride this core group to at least the 6th tier, and don't want to lose then without getting anything in return.

Offer him a new contract. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The hardest year of my youth challenge was year 1 because I had to keep offering players 'new' amateur contracts. :D

I will definitely try that next time. In my good fortune he turned them down anyway!

screenshot20120422at723.png

A miracle because I do not have a striker nearly as good as him.

In other news the May update will be up later tonight after I play the last game!

Dover Mustangs May 2011

screenshot20120422at731.png

screenshot20120422at730.png

We are the class of the league thus far. A perfect record and winning by large margins whenever I put in my best 11, though closer when I do not. The game against the Rhode Island Reds was a lot closer than it looks. They dominated the first half but we went in up thanks to our only shot coming from an excellent play by Estuardo Sanchez. I had started that game without a few of my top players because of the cup game on Wednesday, but once I put Galik in in the 60th minu everything changed and we dominated and got 3 more goals.

North American Open Cup

screenshot20120422at731.png

So far we have handled our cup opponents with ease, Match Fit a 7th tier side was no contest for us, and we were victorious against 3rd-tier Oklahoma City Oilers despite us being rated as only having a 50 to 1 shot to win many thanks to a dominating performance by Sanchez. We are now set for a 1st round proper match against a fellow NEPL side, Parlor City, and I think it is likely we will progress farther into the tournament!

I also recently signed another 5-star free transfer who plays right back and striker (I don't understand either) and an aging veteran striker (2 stars) while I was panicking about the possible loss of Sanchez. I'm really excited to see what this team can do this year and hopefully we'll continue the success we've had so far.

That goal difference is amazing! Definitely will be good for you looking forward :thup:

Thanks! I'm really excited about the cup run, this and the USOC should be great fun.

your doing amazing mate.

Thanks, though to be honest I"m doing very little haha

Your performance so far is nothing short of stunning.Hope your able to keep Sanchez as well as he is definitely firing on all cylinders.

Thanks B.W.G, Gonna see if I can break some forum records this year! I've put all my stars with an asking price of 750k, I don't think it will affect anything since they are on amateur contracts but it was worth the shot.

Thought so, impressive 6 from 6 so far.

Yeah, its been pretty easy so far. Beating up on Oklahoma and Sanchez's double hattrick are definitely the highlights of the season so far.

Looking back on my transfers I was competing with 2nd and 3rd tier teams for their signature, I have no idea why they chose me. There were a bunch of other players who refused to negotiate with me or picked the higher up clubs, but I think if I can put together 11 of these 5 star players I should be able to ride them to the 5th or 4th tier before I need any major deals to happen. Also its really fun that pretty much every player that isnt in my starting lineup is under the age of 20 so the future is definitely bright.(only reason I held on to the stupied keeper with his Eccentricity of freaking 15 ) The reserve and U18 leagues start up next week in game, and I'm excited to see how my teams fare.

If you guys want to see the stats for any of my players/any rosters/tactics/want to see how another club is doing let me know and I'll gladly post a screen shot. I don't think any updates besides any humorous emails I receive will be posted for the next few days. Yesterday and today are big work days for me but hopefully june will be ready by the end of the week. Thanks everyone for the kind messages its a really fun save to play so far.

Dover Mustangs June 2011

2012042400005.jpg

2012042400007.jpg

1/3 of the way through the season. No longer a perfect record. Our effort in front of goal that game was abysmal I think we still had 65% of the possession though. Nothing to exciting in the other games, except that we seem to be developing a habit of giving up early goals.

North America Amateur Cup

2012042400009.jpg

Easy win. Seems like a cup I could win with a bit of luck

North American Open Cup

2012042400008.jpg

An easy win over a fellow NEPL team and then two exciting wins of higher tier teams.

The last game was especially exciting here is the write up by the paper and the game summary.

2012042400002.jpg

screenshot20120425at124.png

Extremely exciting game that has set up our first match against an MLS side.

Expect another poster later today with some bad news :(

Dover Bids Farewell to Two Players

Manzonelli Signs With Nashville

2012042400003.jpg

screenshot20120425at125.png

It was unfortunate to lose him. His stats weren't as outrageous as Sanchez's but he was very key in our attack frequent sending the pass the would set up an assist. We have an alright backup and I have made an offer to someone close to his level of play.

America Usa Snatches Up Sanchez

2012042400010.jpg

screenshot20120425at125.png

Big Big Loss. I held off 5 other offers using the offer another amateur contract technique but it failed this time. I've signed another striker about half as good as him and I'll keep looking out for someone around his level.

This is pretty frustrating that I don't any compensation when teams come and snag two of my best players. Any tips you have on how I could hold on to players better would be greatly appreciated. I have teams that are currently interested in my Goalie and Left Back and I would prefer not to lose them as well.

I also edited in the Cup win summary in the above post

Great season so far, shame you couldn't keep the perfect record.

Thanks! I'm perfectly fine with it. The important part is reaching promotion, and we seem well set to do that still.

You've lost Sanchez?

yup :(

unlucky losing him mate.

Yeah, hopefully the rest of the team will step up.

Amateur contracts suck...always tough to keep the great players.

They do suck, you would think the contract part of them would allow you to set an end date so you could at least guarantee them for a season.

Shame that you've lost key players, but you've made a very impressive start!

I'm very happy with the start, not I just need to hold on to the lead for dear life :lol:

Side note:

I have alost Jani Galik to a transfer

screenshot20120426at155.png

screenshot20120426at155.png

He was an excellent defensive midfielder and frequently dominated the midfield and led the league in takcles/game. I have a semi-suitable replacement so hopefully he can step up.

Additionally the player who had stepped up the most in the loss of Sanchez and Manzonelli was right midfielder John Fishbaugher he set up and scored multiple goals in the last few games, and he has gone out injured for 3 months with broken ribs :(

Dover Mustangs July 2011

screenshot20120426at113.png

The league has split and I have a 7 point lead with 7 games to go.

We're not playing particularly well. Given up more goals than I would like and have lost our scoring touch completely. The transfer deadline has passed and I have added an Argentine striker but due to the rules about 1 international player per squad I cannot play my Brazilian left back at the same time. Also, pretty much all of my recent goals have ben scored either by my wide midfielders or my defenders. Needless to say my strikers need to play better.

Still alive in the cup we are now in the round of 32. Hopefully we can find our form and continue our run in this cup.

North American Open Cup

No games this month but my away match against the Seattle Sounders in the round of 16 draws near, and I think it is likely my undefeated run as Manager will end there.

United States Open Cup

I have been drawn into the first round against the Chicago Fire Reserves (I think the top two tiers can only put reserve teams into this cup).

deltablue-Hopefully. It looks like my strong start will carry me through

iHeadHunta x-Thanks, and it was actually LA Legends we beat who are in the USL-Pro Division (3rd Tier)

TheGreatTraveler-Thanks its definitely looking like a good season.

Dover Mustangs August 2011

If You Thought July Was Bad...

screenshot20120426at459.png

6 points up with 4 games to go. 2 more wins 2 more wins. That is the mantra. Just need to hold on.

Aaaaaand we're out of the cup. I hit a late equalizer after dominating the game then they got a shady penalty call to take the win. I may or may not have written that referee's down for retribution.

North American Open Cup

And we're out of another Cup! This was the first of the many losses this month and it was expected but it still stung. I learned a valuable lesson from it though. I will never again put a defensive, park the bus, strategy out against a superior opponent. The team did much better when I let them play their typical formation and mentality.

United States Open Cup

And our trifecta of being knocked out of three cups this week is complete! Close game and I call shenanigans on Oduro being on Fire's reserve squad.

Bolatti, the new Argentine striker, may be turning on the jets at the right time. We can only hope.

screenshot20120426at446.png

Yes, because I had a choice in the matter :(

That's always so annoying, but also had messages about fans being delighted (probably for squad harmony reasons) because a player was sold above my head.

Archived