FM2012 not running on Mac - SI aware and looking into it

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just had the same problem. its a repeat of an issue i had last year. but the fixes that worked b4 dont work now. but if you try right clicking on the play button in your library and validating catche files it may work. but i have tried this and deleted and reinstalled and no change. this version is becoming very frustrating. i'll wait b4 buying again to see if there are as many bugs in future versions

DEAR GOD I FOUND THE SOLUSION

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on Football Manager 2012 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM12 through Steam

And the same here. 'Preparing to launch Football Manager 2012' box comes up and disappears in an instant, then nothing happens.
and when trying to quit steam, it appears a message like "football manager 2012 is running, quit it before"

Agreed, but only one report on their forum is hardly going to have them jumping to the pumps:D it's obviously a problem due to the Mac update so people should really be rattling their cage.

I'm sure SI will do what they can to bump the problem but they've barely got into the office yet.

Agreed, but only one report on their forum is hardly going to have them jumping to the pumps:D it's obviously a problem due to the Mac update so people should really be rattling their cage.

I'm sure SI will do what they can to bump the problem but they've barely got into the office yet.

Sorry but I don't understand, Did steam release a FM update for mac today?

That's what I'm assuming from what's said here, not a FM update but a Steam one.

Unsure about that, last Steam app version release was dated 18.04 and yesterday I regularly played the game until late evening without any problems.

I just realized many other people are having similar issues with steam and FM 12 today, hopefully SI will try to address this annoying issue as soon as possible.

Not sure if it's Steam or SI fault, don't care to be honest, just do something cause we basically can't play a game we regularly own.

if youre playing on a laptop i can recommend NEVER shutting the pc down completely . I just close the lid while FM is still running. When i want to play again, i open the lid, and windows continues the last session. So Steam can NEVER do anything to my game, because its ALWAYS running. :)

Probably to stop the thread decending into a steam rant.

I wasn't aggressive in my criticism in any way. However, as a customer I have the freedom to express my dissatisfaction at an unreliable tool, and denying me that right shows how sensitive SI are over the matter.

I wasn't aggressive in my criticism in any way. However, as a customer I have the freedom to express my dissatisfaction at an unreliable tool, and denying me that right shows how sensitive SI are over the matter.

No you wernt, but its all been said before, in countless threads. I dont think SI are sensative over it, a few mods on here are quite vocal in their opposition to Steam, its just been done before, so many threads have been closed because of Steam rants, no point in this one going down the same route as there are people needing help.

Same issue, on a mac, game never launches. Steam flashes up a "preparing to launch" window which immediately vanishes. If you look in Activity Monitor you can see FM appear for about a second before quitting immediately. Have reinstalled Steam and FM twice.. still buggered.

Yes, all mac users.

Tried everything possible suggested on sites and forums.

i.e:

1. verify integrity of game cache

2. restart steam

3. reboot laptop/pc

etc...

Problem: 'Preparing to launch fm2012' box appears for a split second and nothing.

It needs a urgent fix for mac users. Promto :)

Also to mention I'm using: Lion OSX

Archived