SI should stop changing game skins each year!

I am aware of the fact that new features are being added each year and that SI wants to keep the game looking fresh but each year I tend to get confused by the new skin of the game. We all spend hours and hours with the game and then suddenly have to learn it all over again each year. When we look at a player at a first glance we can judge whether he is good or not and then the skin and the color change and you have to develop "a new manager eye" which is really frustrating.

Is it possible that the developers make a default skin and keep it as on option for players and continue developing new skins? So FM 2013, 2014, 2015 etc. would all have their respective new skins but a "classic" skin should be present in all those versions that is the same, only having new options/windows for features that were added for that version. So that "classic" skin could be selected by those who are faithful to the game for years.

I don't know, people are looking forward to FM each year but there is a community that tends to stick to the older versions more and more since they have to abandon old savegames and get accustomed to the new skin which is sometimes really hard to do, especially in the case of long careers where.

Hopefully one day there will be an option of backwards compatibility for savegames as well, something that would radically change the game and keep the buyers. That is something I have discussed in a previous topic - I want to continue my savegame in the next FM!.

Any thoughts on this?

It should be an option. But at this point I am pleased enough with FM that they will need to add new features and REALLY nail them, for me to be interested in an 'upgrade'. Lets face it, they have a really good product already, and its just as easy to muck something up and go backwards as it is to improve upon something (esp. as complex as FM)!

• 1 month later...

I actually want SI to change the default skin every year - just so it looks new!

But I thought there was a 'classic skin option'? Anyways, the SI Community always make good skins and you can always download one soon after the release of the new FM.

I think Skins get better, i.e I much prefer the Dark Skin with a touch of blue. More than the Dark Skin with a touch of green from FM10/FM11.

I didn't like dark 'green' skin, but I really like the dark 'blue' skin.

Instead of just changing the Skin every year, maybe they could include previous Skins in the options. So people who don't like/ prefer the old Skins can switch back.

I loved the Retro 'steam exclusive' Skin, and I was disappointed it was not included in FM12.

The old FM games, had the best skins in my oppinion (FM05-FM07)

07 was my favourite skin (the colours/background were great) the font wasn't too great though (it was ugly/squashed).

I think the OP wants to use the FM one, but just doesn't like that it gets changed every year.

You very rarely (if ever) get people releasing custom skins based on the previous skin. I don't think you can find a default dark or light FM11 skin, for FM12 anywhere etc.

I liked the skin that you got if you bought or pre-ordered FM11 from steam.

Retro Skin. :cool:

The background (grass) and colours (green & yellow/green menu bars etc) were the same as the ones from the FM07 skin, but with the exact FM11 style/layout (tabs/fonts etc)

Shame it wasn't included with FM12.

Archived