Lampard to Wrexham?

In my career managing in League 2, Wrexham were able to sign 35 year old Frank Lampard on £2,900 per week. I know that had I known of Lampard's availability, there's no way £2,900 would be enough to secure his services. Could this be considered a bug in the game?

• SI Staff

I'm tuning the transfer engine at the moment as sometimes players available on a free do drop down the divisions too quickly, although its arguable in most cases as to whether its realistic or not, in Lampards case I'd expect him to retire when he stops playing at the top level - but thats not always the case .... Vincente signing for Brighton in real-life for instance would be considered a 'bug' by a lot of people if it had happened in the game ;)

I had a weird one recently, during the September free transfer window I noticed that Kevin Phillips had no club and was listed as retiring at the end of the season. I tried to sign him until the end of the season, but on the contract negotiations screen he said that he didn't want to sign for anybody when he was so close to his planned retirement date. Surely somebody who's unattached and unwilling to join a club has already retired?!? (Or was he just trying to let me down gently...)

Yes, and it has been mentioned a lot of times around here. In my first season in the BSS, Farnborough managed to sign El-Hadji Diouf on a free :D

Farnborough seem to have the magic touch. In my first season at dorchester, even though I won the league and they were relegated, sol campbell and stuart parnaby both joined them. Im sure they got James McFadden and Marcus Hahnemann.

But this does really annoy me. Their value drops immensley and suddenly casillas and pepe have signed for burnley. Surley someone like casillas would be loyal and stay at madrid to reitirement?

In a previous game i was Sunderland and Man Utd transfer listed Rooney for 1.5m (aged 32). He kept rejecting my contract offer of £40,000 pw then to my suprise signed for Peterborough in the championship for £2,700 pw.

I bidded £1m for him the day he joined them, bid was accepted and i signed him on a £5,000 pw contract.

I bidded £1m for him the day he joined them, bid was accepted and i signed him on a £5,000 pw contract.

I think that needs to be fixed, Someone signed for a club after rejecting me yet I signed him a few days later. It shouldn't let you sign a player that has just signed for a different club

I think that needs to be fixed, Someone signed for a club after rejecting me yet I signed him a few days later. It shouldn't let you sign a player that has just signed for a different club

I disagree ... well sort of o)

Clive Allen signing for Palace a few months after signing for Arsenal is my example ... so this does happen .. sort of

Non league club sells player to a League 1 club

Week later a Premiership club bids for the same player and buys him

Tidy little profit for the League 1 club for only 7 days work

You are right that this shouldn't happen often but this should depend on the size of the clubs involved (buying and selling)

Think I may have one to stump you all. Messi signs pre contract in April for fulham aged 28. Was on 300k a week and dropped to 110k to play for a mid table prem team. Mmmmm just won world player of year aswell.

Think he was close friends with Michael Jackson tho.

Think I may have one to stump you all. Messi signs pre contract in April for fulham aged 28. Was on 300k a week and dropped to 110k to play for a mid table prem team. Mmmmm just won world player of year aswell.

Think he was close friends with Michael Jackson tho.

Haha - that's hilarious!

That beats Carles Puyol signing for Brighton in the Championship at the age of 34 on 7k wages.

Archived