+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lampard to Wrexham?

Default Lampard to Wrexham?

In my career managing in League 2, Wrexham were able to sign 35 year old Frank Lampard on £2,900 per week. I know that had I known of Lampard's availability, there's no way £2,900 would be enough to secure his services. Could this be considered a bug in the game?

Amateur

Yes, and it has been mentioned a lot of times around here. In my first season in the BSS, Farnborough managed to sign El-Hadji Diouf on a free

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

I'm tuning the transfer engine at the moment as sometimes players available on a free do drop down the divisions too quickly, although its arguable in most cases as to whether its realistic or not, in Lampards case I'd expect him to retire when he stops playing at the top level - but thats not always the case .... Vincente signing for Brighton in real-life for instance would be considered a 'bug' by a lot of people if it had happened in the game

Amateur

Let's say that there are too many Vicentes in FMH right now

Semi Pro

I had a weird one recently, during the September free transfer window I noticed that Kevin Phillips had no club and was listed as retiring at the end of the season. I tried to sign him until the end of the season, but on the contract negotiations screen he said that he didn't want to sign for anybody when he was so close to his planned retirement date. Surely somebody who's unattached and unwilling to join a club has already retired?!? (Or was he just trying to let me down gently...)

Another one.. 33 year old Scott Parker joins league two Bradford!

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

The strange free agent transfers are something we've been aware of for a while, hopefully we'll get a fix in for it soon as it's really been bugging me

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rafafloripa View Post
    Yes, and it has been mentioned a lot of times around here. In my first season in the BSS, Farnborough managed to sign El-Hadji Diouf on a free
    Farnborough seem to have the magic touch. In my first season at dorchester, even though I won the league and they were relegated, sol campbell and stuart parnaby both joined them. Im sure they got James McFadden and Marcus Hahnemann.

But this does really annoy me. Their value drops immensley and suddenly casillas and pepe have signed for burnley. Surley someone like casillas would be loyal and stay at madrid to reitirement?

Amateur

In a previous game i was Sunderland and Man Utd transfer listed Rooney for 1.5m (aged 32). He kept rejecting my contract offer of £40,000 pw then to my suprise signed for Peterborough in the championship for £2,700 pw.

I bidded £1m for him the day he joined them, bid was accepted and i signed him on a £5,000 pw contract.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

You'll be glad to know this has been tweaked - waiting to hear back from QA regarding how it feels ...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thebugel View Post
    I bidded £1m for him the day he joined them, bid was accepted and i signed him on a £5,000 pw contract.
    I think that needs to be fixed, Someone signed for a club after rejecting me yet I signed him a few days later. It shouldn't let you sign a player that has just signed for a different club

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    You'll be glad to know this has been tweaked - waiting to hear back from QA regarding how it feels ...
    Is that tweaked for FMHi 2013 or will there be another update?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    That's great
    It's an understatement to say that you guys are awesome when it comes to listening to the community

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by manufan2010 View Post
    I think that needs to be fixed, Someone signed for a club after rejecting me yet I signed him a few days later. It shouldn't let you sign a player that has just signed for a different club
    I disagree ... well sort of o)

Clive Allen signing for Palace a few months after signing for Arsenal is my example ... so this does happen .. sort of

Non league club sells player to a League 1 club
    Week later a Premiership club bids for the same player and buys him
    Tidy little profit for the League 1 club for only 7 days work

You are right that this shouldn't happen often but this should depend on the size of the clubs involved (buying and selling)

Amateur

Think I may have one to stump you all. Messi signs pre contract in April for fulham aged 28. Was on 300k a week and dropped to 110k to play for a mid table prem team. Mmmmm just won world player of year aswell.

Think he was close friends with Michael Jackson tho.

Amateur

Did he get a Harrods Store card as the deal breaker ?

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    Think I may have one to stump you all. Messi signs pre contract in April for fulham aged 28. Was on 300k a week and dropped to 110k to play for a mid table prem team. Mmmmm just won world player of year aswell.

Think he was close friends with Michael Jackson tho.
    Haha - that's hilarious!

That beats Carles Puyol signing for Brighton in the Championship at the age of 34 on 7k wages.

+ Reply to Thread