[FM 12] Cerud's Tale of Amazement and Woe...Likely more woe...

cerud

Alright, in beginning anew, I'd decided that I'm going to try something that I never have before. I'm going to try an build my own tactics rather than use various ones from this forum's tactic area that have been created by others. I love reading other careers where managers are more involved and I hope to emulate these.

Added Modifications

• FM12 Suzie Real Names for Clubs, Competitions, and Awards Fix plus real life media
  • Metallic Logos Megapack
  • taking care of those "other" fixes...the "I can't discuss here" fixes :)

Loaded Nations with all of their Leagues

• Argentina
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Malaysia
  • Netherlands
  • Northern Ireland
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Scotland
  • Serbia
  • Slovakia
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United States

League will change as the career progresses and likely shrink in size. The large number to begin with is to help facilitate an unemployed career beginning in smaller leagues.

Starting Date: July 2011

Beginning Manager Profile

Name: Cerud

Nationality: Canadian, with 2nd American (as Canadian and American sports are integrated anyways, makes for better reality)

Languages: English, French, and Spanish

Past Experience: Sunday League Footballer

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Domestic Club History

Summary

Year   Country     Team            League                        Position   Other

2011   Norway      Frigg Oslo FK   Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling 2   5th        ---
2012   Norway      Frigg Oslo FK   Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling 2   1st        League Title, Promoted
2013   Norway      Frigg Oslo FK   Adeccoligaen                  5th        ---
2014   Norway      Frigg Oslo FK   Adeccoligaen                  1st        League Title, Promoted

Awards

• 2012 - Norway - Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling 2 League Title
  • 2014 - Norway - Adeccoligaen League Title

So, onto the job market! I'm applying for anything right now as my reputation is nothing, being a Sunday League Football and from the well known, dominating football nation of Canada ;) I'm just hoping anyone offers me a job!

And they have! I have three offers.

From Denmark...

thisted.png

And from Norway...

frigg.png

skarp.png

In choosing any job, I approach it as I would if it were me in real life. This means asking questions such as, is the club offering a good wage? How are the club's current finances? Is there room for growth? How is the stadium and facilities? Even such questions as, where is the club? Would I want to live there? All such questions apply to my decision.

In examining these offers, one is easy to eliminate. The Danish off simply doesn't offer a living wage; not too sure who would be able to live off of $16.25K/year.

The other two are decent starting wages. Both have decent budgets adn have room within the current player budget to play around. Both clubs also have their current financial situations listed as "Okay". So, time to look at where they are.

Frigg Oslo FK is located in the Majorstua neighbourhood in Oslo. This is the western part of downtown for the Norwegian capital, trendy and vibrant. Skarp IF is located in Tromsø, far in the north of the country. It's a smaller city, less than 70 000 people. I think I've made my choice.

14th July 2011

From the News Ticker...

Today, the Norwegian Post has learned that unknown football manager, Cerud, will by taking over the reigns of Frigg Oslo FK. While the club had started strong, their recent winnless streak of seven matches has led to the firing of the previous manager and the need for a fresh start in order to save what remains of the seaon. Arriving in Oslo from Vancouver, Canada earlier today, we caught up with Cerud as he made with way to Frogner stadion. "I know many see the hiring of an unknown foreigner as a sign that the Board has given up on the club. I don't. I view my unknown status as a benefit for me. No one knows how I will approach the squad or the matches and I can work this to my advantage." Cerud will have some time with the club to get aquainted as they are in the middle of the mid-season break. They resume play in sixteen days away against SK Herd.

161896_119868821411437_1678037_n.jpg

Frigg Oslo FK - Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling 2

While the Board offered me the job, it is only until the end of this year. Looks like they want to see how I do before really committing. Still, I was able to negotiate at $68 000/year contract for myself until December 2011. The squad, at first blance seems not too bad. The youth squad is severely lacking though. They are registered in the youth league and have no youth players! Was surprized to see that.

About the Club

Frigg has been around for a while, initially being founded on 17 May 1904. They were named after Frigg, a Norse goddess who was said to be the wife of Odin, the "foremost among the goddesses", and queen of Asgard. She was said to have the power of prophecy. Hoping that helps me out! The club was at one point a top tier Norwegian side, even playing in the 1966-67 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup against Scottish club Dunfermline Athletic. I hope I can help them regain what they once had almost a half century ago.

The Stats

Year Founded: 1904

Nickname: Frigg

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

The Stadium - Frogner Stadion

Year Built: 1930

Capacity: 1 500 (500 seated)

Owner/Rent: $3K/year

Facilities

Corporate: Adequate

Training: Adequate

Youth: Minimal

Junior Coaching: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Basic

Here is Frognar stadion. So quaint!

DSCN0184.jpg

Currently, the club has been struggling.

leagueo.png

While the season is half done, the table is very close. I'm hoping that I can prove myself and win an extension to my contract beyond this year.

2011 Pre-season and Mid-season

Since I have just joined the club, I will combine these two as it actually is the exact halfway mark.

The Stats

Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling: Achieve a safe mid-table position (will not be judged this season)

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup: Reach the 2nd Round (will not be judged this season)

Media Prediction: 8th of 13

Wage Budget: $212 576 (currently spending $208 166)

Transfer Budget: None

Kit Sponsorship: $124 138

Average Ticket Price: $13.60

Average Season Ticket Price: $91.20

Season Ticket Holders: 96

Estimated Value: $200K

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Good start, but horrible slide into the mid part of the season. Here's hoping I can turn it around.

Players of Note

Bjørn Pickhardt - D C, DM - Leads the team in average rating. A decent centreback who has been with the club for 4 season.

Christoffer Kringberg - M L - Leads the team in assists. Kringberg has moved around a lot, playing for 4 clubs in as many years.

Kenneth Torvik Tønne - AM C, ST - Leads the team in goals. Has played the vast majority of years with the club, only having done his initial season of training elsewhere.

Goals

• Finish in the top 5
  • Find a quality right back.

Not too many goals as I only have a half season, but should set up up for the next season.

But, good luck with Frigg. Hopefully, you can rival the mediocre success that deltablue achieved with them! :)

Oi! ;)

Looking forward to seeing how you do with a club I have reasonable memories of.

Frigging hell!

Good luck in Norway, if you start well there's no reason as to why you can't finish in the top four.

Damn you hursty....Frigging hell was going to be my comment.

Good luck with this Cerud. I will be reading!!!

Puns! ;) Cheers, hursty2 and SRL88.

Good luck in Norway,hope you can turn things around.
Best of luck, fella.
Unlucky with your last save but good luck with Frigg.

Thanks guys!

Damn, I really wanted you to take the Thisted job! (I'm assuming it is pronounced 'Fisted')

But, good luck with Frigg. Hopefully, you can rival the mediocre success that deltablue achieved with them!

Oi! ;)

Looking forward to seeing how you do with a club I have reasonable memories of.

Sorry to disappoint, AK22 ;) Thisted was offering a horrible wage, so wasn't a good option for me. But I will try to have luck with Frigg, for both you and deltablue! ;)

Good luck dude.

Where I am from Frigg is a sexual term.

I guess it is here too. But not widely used much anymore.

Go Frigg yourself Cerud.

I'll be more direct Acid. :D

Already have Nobby. Twice. ;)

And in other news...I don't normally put up stuff from teams I'm not currently managing, but I just noticed this from my real life team.

vancouvervalphautdinfor.png

Not bad for a CONCACAF Champions League match!

2011 Tactical Update

Given that I will be building my own tactics for this career rather than using downloaded ones from the forums, I thought that I'd discuss a bit on my thinking as to what I settled on. My desire is to build tactics to suit the team and not to create a tactic and then bring in players to fit the bill.

So, my assistant manager initially stated that the best alternatives for a tactic in our squad were the 4-4-2, the 4-4-1-1, and the 4-3-1-2. I've decided on a 4-4-2 as my main tactic and will train to bring it up to fluid before considering anything else.

Here it is...

The Tactic

tacticp.png

I have decided on a more rigid philosophy because there is very few players with any creativity of exuberant flair. We are also a lower league, semi-pro club, so I want my players to stick to the plan rather than inventing their own at this level. However, I also want to control the pace of the match while still being an attacking club. Therefore, a controlling strategy has been chosen.

I want my wingers to engage in the play so that each have attacking roles. As for other choices, since I have little creativity on the team as I mentioned, I have chosen a More Disciplined approach. While I want my players to control the pace of hte match, I don't want them getting cute with the ball, so I've asked for a More Direct passing approach. I want them to more the ball, but not to just play around with it. Marking is Zonal in order to ensure adherence to our rigid philosophy.

Sounds like a good way to go forward tactic wise :thup:..
Solid, disciplined tactic and hope this works for you going forward. :thup:

Thanks, SRL88 and rancer. I've tried using the tactic creator before, but never for an entire save. Hoping it works out.

Going back to your job offers, was Skarp's wage budget 210k but their current total <30k??! That's some difference!

Welcome, Daniel Calter! A new face and poster! :) Yeah, Skarp's current wages were only $27.12K/year. They barely had any players actually on their team. That's what kind of scared me away from them.

2011 Season in Review

5th Place

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Wow, after the first two matches, I thought I was a latent tactical genius. 14 goals in two matches...did that all come crashing down in the end... When I took over, we went on a run, winning seven matches in a row. However, the next match saw our top centreback sent off for an ugly tackle and enabled the other team to win, a team that had no business winning. We lost the next four in a row. The sad part was that at the end of that winning streak, we were actually tied in points for first! We were promotion contenders! While a top 5 finish is what I hoped for in the beginning, it's a hard pill to swallow now.

The Cups

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup - We were already out of this competition by the time I arrived.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 48 (1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 33 (8th in league)

Average Attendance - 232 (12th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - I've gotten rid of a few players at the end of the season. Hopefully, this will enable to grow the squad a bit for next season by giving me some wage budget space.

Martin Vethe - D RC - Our top defensive player. However, he was the palyer who got the fated red card that led to our downfall. But our captain is one who can bounce back.

Christoffer Kringberg - M L - League leader in assists. Kringberg's crossing ability but seems to find our strikers with precision.

Kristoffer Eide - M/AM RL - Our top goalscorer and a significant part of our striking pair.

Finances - We're not going to make much moey staying at this level. Promotion is a must.

Facilities - Decent facilities for this level. We only sell an average of 17% of the seats, so there's definitely room to grow into it.

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Finish in the top 5 - Achieved. However, we should have done better.
  • Find a good right back - Achieved. Signed Jan Henrik Øverland. He's rated at 2.5 stars, but he's done very well for us and the Board is loving him as a new signing.

Around the World

MLS

Plans for Next Season

The Board for Frigg offered me a 1 year extension to my contract at the same wages, which I have accepted. I believe that promotion is close for this club and I want to get them there.

2012 Pre-season

The Stats

Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling: Achieve a respectable league position

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup: Reach the 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 6th of 13

Betclic Promotion Odds: 25-1

Wage Budget: $298 106 (+ $85 530 from last year)

Currently Spending: $248 019 (+ $50 087 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $10 920 (+ $10 920 from last year)

Kit Sponsorship: $124 138

TV Rights Deal: $$43.62K

Average Ticket Price: $13.70 (+ $0.10 from last year)

Average Season Ticket Price: $99.20 (+ $8.00 from last year)

Season Ticket Holders: 98 (+ 2 from last year)

Estimated Value: $110K (- $90K from last year)

Goals

• Fight for promotion.
  • Make a profit.

Promotion should absolutely be possible. Nothing else matters.

African CAF Cup of Nations 2012

150px-2012_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_logo.png

Group A: Morocco, Tunisia, Mozambique, Gabon

Group B: Togo, Algeria, Egypt, Ghana

Group C: Mali, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea

Group D: Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Angola, Libya

cafc.png

The Stats

Orange Africa Cup of Nations Dream Team

dreamj.png

So far, only one manager has lost their job due to poor performance in the Cup of Nations. That is Bob Bradley, who was fired from the Egyptian job.

Good luck fighting for promotion :thup:.
Decent first season, hopefully you can build on that with a full season in charge!

Thanks SRL88 and Scarman. Promotion is what I'll be aiming for this season. However, only one team goes up, so it will be a bit of a dog fight.

Excellent Vancouver result.

Surprizing indeed!

2012 End of Pre-Season

The Matches

Sweden - Carlstad United BK - won 2-0

Norway - Jevnaker IF - drew 0-0

Norway - Grue Idrettslag - won 3-0

Norway - Drammen FK - won 7-0

Norway - Brumunddal Fotball - won 4-0

Norway - Elverum IL - won 1-0

Norway - Korsvoll IL - won 4-1

Norway - Ås IL - won 5-0

The Players

Squad | Transfers - Definitely a stronger squad. Added speed to the wings and strength front and back. Also got rid of some more dead wood.

Magnus Ueland - D C - Ueland has spent many seasons in the Adeccoligaen, one level above us with Byrne and Hønefoss. Hoping that his years at a higher level rubs off on the squad as we fight to join it.

Fosu Boateng - ST - Boateng has spent years with various clubs in Denmark and has Denmark citizenship. A former youth prospect of FC København, he didn't quite live up to it. However, he's been nothing short of outstanding in our pre-season for our level.

Pre-Season Thoughts

A great pre-season for us. Our first match against Carlstad in Sweden was only meant to be a small cash run, so the win was definitely surprising. We also played a few matches against our own league: Korsvoll, Jevnaker, and Elverum. Hoping these translate into wins in the league. I'm also expecting good things from our squad, especially Boateng up front. I think he could really revive his career here.

OFC Nations Cup 2012

3-27-2012-7-43-56-PM-1569574.jpg

Group A: New Zealand, Vanuatu, Fiji, New Caledonia

Group B: Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Tahiti, Samoa

ofc.png

It doesn't look like there were any managerial casualties.

The squad looks much better.
Good luck fighting for promotion this season. With a full year under your belt, I reckon you'll be frigging close!

Thanks, SRL88 and AK22. The squad is fairly decent; however, they are a littlle morale challenged. One bad game and they cry...

UEFA European Championship 2012

275337_100001091871519_1033154728_n.jpg

Group A: France, Ukraine, Montenegro, Germany

Group B: Portugal, Poland, Italy, Ireland

Group C: Slovenia, Spain, Greece, England

Group D: Croatia, Netherlands, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Sweden

uefagd.png

The Stats

European Championship Dream Team

dreama.png

Only one manager casualty, Germany. Joachim Löw Has been let go after failing to win a single match in the group stage.

2012 Mid-season

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - So far, so good. We're sitting in 1st place; however, I am a little worried about how our team handles adversity. Whenever we get behind a goal or lose a match, our morale tanks. I have a squad of bi-polar individuals. Either they're extremely happy or extremely sad. No middle ground.

Players of Note

Martin Vethe - D C - Our captain has continued with another great season. His defensive abilities have helped decrease our goals against greatly from last year and he's been contributing a few goals as well on the corner.

Sindre Marøy - M/AM R, ST - Our new winger on the right. Marøy is a consistent player and ever-present.

Fosu Boateng - ST - Our top goalscorer and 2nd in the league. Boateng has a sniper shot and has never really had an off game as of yet. He was a gamble as he is our highest paid player, but he's been worth it.

Change in Expectations and Budget

While there have been no changes in expectations, we have been given a higher wage budget.

Fair Play-ligaen Avdeling: Achieve a respectable league position

Wage Budget: $349 440 (+ $51 334 from pre-season)

Currently Spending: $260 832 (+ $88 608 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $12 666 (+ $1 746 from pre-season)

Around the World

Barclays Premier League - Liga BBVA - Bundesliga - Serie A TIM - Ligue 1 Orange

Boateng has been in fire for you. Hopefully you can continue your strong push going forward. Excellent start :thup:.

Cheers, SRL88. He's definitely been our top pick up from the off-season.

You're still winning more than enough to go up.

Thanks, deltablue :) Here's hoping we keep our form!

Olympic Summer Games 2012

41780_135134573189898_7243_n.jpg

Group A: Mexico, Belarus, Australia, Ivory Coast

Group B: United States, Spain, Japan, Nigeria

Group C: Brazil, Egypt, Switzerland, Iran

Group D: Great Britain, Uruguay, South Korea, Fiji

olympicsg.png

Fairly straight forward. Not many surprises.

2012 Mid-season

Youth Candidates

youthr.png

Not a good crop this year. Although, my assistant manager does like Jon Eriksen given that he's the only player rated to amount to something. I also found it surprising to have a Canadian in my youth candidates!

Jon Eriksen - DM, M C - I can't see Eriksen ever playing for the top squad.

Coming along nicely this season. And as for the Canadian, the nationality set in your profile determines some of your regens for some reason.

Thanks, hursty2. Yeah, I've had Canadian youth before in save, just not at this low of a league. Usually I've had to be in higher leagues. But he has dual Canadian/Norweigan citizenship, so guess he decided to play here for me :)

2012 Season in Review

fairplayny.png

1st Place - League Title Champions

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - It's been a truly unbelievable season for us. I believed that promotion was absolutely possible; however, nerves started creeping into the squad around the mid-season. Thankfully we had a 3 week break where we scheduled a couple friendlies to regain confidence. I also introduced a new counter tactic modelled after the 442 controlling one we use against larger teams, which seemed to help balance us out.

The Cups

Norgesmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup - A great run for Frigg. Having only been asked to make the 2nd Round, a 4th Round appearance was great, especially since we took out two teams in higher leagues than us.

The Stats

Goals Scored - 67 (+ 19 from last year, 1st in league)

Goals Conceded - 20 (- 13 from last year, 1st in league)

Average Attendance - 291 (+ 59 from last year, 11th in league)

Prize Money Made - $165 000

The Players

Squad | Transfers - No new signings in the August transfer window. Will have a couple players leaving soon, but for the most part, the squad will be retained until I know what finances I have to deal with next year.

Martin Vethe - D RC - Our captain was brilliant on defense again this year. Contributed to helping lower our goals against as well as put a few in on the attacking corner.

Eirik Sebastian Sandstad - DM, M C - Sandstad took his game to a new level this year with 10 assists. A solid midfielder and consistent player.

Sindre Marøy - M/AM R, ST - Marøy was great on the right wing, contributing his fair share of goals. While not the fastest runner, his placement made up for it.

Fosu Boateng - ST - League leader in goals, assists, man of the match, best hair, and all round dapper young man. I will not be leeting Boateng leave anytime soon. Good thing we likes it here!

Finances - Our finances were actually doing fairly well...not great, but we had a profit. Then our Board decided to build a brand new stadium and take out a large loan. So long, debt-free...

Facilities - We have a new stadium being constructed for January 2014. It'll be nice to own our stadium; however, we may end up going broke before we get it. Not sure why they thought we needed a new stadium unless it is a league requirement for the Adeccoligaen. We were only selling an average of 19% of our current stadium.

stadiump.png

The Awards

The Goals Revisited

• Fight for promotion - Achieved. We were promoted with 3 matches left to spare
  • Make a profit - Failed. Should have achieved until our Board decided to build a brand new stadium. However, nothing I can do about that and it may benefit in the long run. We shall see...

Around the World

MLS

Plans for Next Season

I have signed a one year extension for $105 000 on my contract with Frigg Oslo FK. We're moving to the Adeccoligaen, a league with a mixture of semi-pro and pro clubs. It will be difficult, but I hope to solidify Frigg in the league.

6 January 2013

From the News Ticker...

Well, the Board wanted a new stadium. Now they have to pay for it.

cashl.png

Although, I guess this turns my failed goal of make a profit into Achieved ;)

Archived