+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game won't load after install and downloaded data

Amateur

Default Game won't load after install and downloaded data

Hi,

I have just bought and installed FMH2012 in my Huawei Mediapad. However, only a line is displayed after showing the two images (SEGA and official products of blah blah blah). Could you please help? Thanks.

Mediapad Specification:
    OS ICS 4.0.3
    Display 800 x 1280 pixels, 7.0 inches
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon
    CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz Scorpion
    GPU Adreno 220

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Would you mind indicating if your device is rooted or in anyway customised away from standard? (I know some people have had unusual screen issues because of rooting their systems and changing the dpi settings for instance, restoring these to default often helped with this).

Secondly would you mind looking within your device file system and indicating what directories are listed under the fmh_data directory? (most likely visible in the root of the storage medium you installed onto).

Amateur

Thank Marc for the quick response.

Nah my device is not rooted.

I've got them under \fmh_data
    _MACOSX
    data
    save_games
    retina.zip
    retina_intstalled.txt

Thanks.

Ok that looks promising from the perspective that the game appears to have installed ok (my first thought was it was missing the skin data, but from the looks of things thats there).

Bear with me - I'll see if I can track down this device so we can try and replicate the issue inhouse.

Amateur

Thanks. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Ok that looks promising from the perspective that the game appears to have installed ok (my first thought was it was missing the skin data, but from the looks of things thats there).

Bear with me - I'll see if I can track down this device so we can try and replicate the issue inhouse.
    Hi Marc, do you have any update regarding my problem? May I ask for a refund if there is not much progress? I am happy to purchase again as soon as the problem is fixed. Thanks.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi - we haven't yet been able to track down the exact cause of this and so we're looking for a way to get an example of this device in-house.

Can I just check, is the version of ICS you are running a custom ROM? If so, can you let me know which one? A bit of research has suggested there's a problem with one version of one of the widely available ROMs that causes a number of apps to blackscreen in the way shown by your screenshot.
    Last edited by Alari Naylor; 19-04-2012 at 16:58.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari Naylor View Post
    Hi - we haven't yet been able to track down the exact cause of this and so we're looking for a way to get an example of this device in-house.

Can I just check, is the version of ICS you are running a custom ROM? If so, can you let me know which one? A bit of research has suggested there's a problem with one version of one of the widely available ROMs that causes a number of apps to blackscreen in the way shown by your screenshot.
    Hi Alari,

It's version 4.0.3 and is actually an official update from the manufacturer. As far as I know, this model does not have any custom rom. Thanks.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi - in that case I think the best thing you can do is to email Marc directly marc.vaughan@sigames.com so he can pass you onto someone who deals with that side of things.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari Naylor View Post
    Hi - in that case I think the best thing you can do is to email Marc directly marc.vaughan@sigames.com so he can pass you onto someone who deals with that side of things.
    Hi,

I have sent a email to Marc but no response was received so far. May I know if there is any problem? Thanks.

Can you possible send that again as I don't have any 'waiting' emails at present so it might have gone astray (could well be my fault, I'm jetlagged at present and might have clicked the wrong button when perusing my mails).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Can you possible send that again as I don't have any 'waiting' emails at present so it might have gone astray (could well be my fault, I'm jetlagged at present and might have clicked the wrong button when perusing my mails).
    Hi Marc,

FYI, I have resent the email with subject - Request for Refund FMH 2012 (#12 on Android Bugs Forum). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by #12 View Post
    Hi Marc,
    FYI, I have resent the email with subject - Request for Refund FMH 2012 (#12 on Android Bugs Forum). Thanks.
    Thanks for the email - sorry we couldn't help you get it working, if I manage to get hold of one of these devices and make any progress in this regard I'll email you and let you know; in the meantime I've forwarded your mail onto the appropriate person at SEGA to handle the refund.

+ Reply to Thread