+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: stick with fm12 or buy fm13 i dont want tobe left behind

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th October 2009
    Posts
    126

    Default stick with fm12 or buy fm13 i dont want tobe left behind

    i just started a new save and really need to get going in fm12 as not reached far in this game yet
    will anybody stay with fm12 or buy fm13 when it is released later this year? i want to carry on in my f12 save but donot want to get left behind with fm13 coming out

  2. #2
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    23rd February 2010
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    We are on April and FM13 won't be released until October or November, still at least 6 months off so i would start a save now..

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th October 2009
    Posts
    126

    Default

    thanks for the feedback

  4. #4
    Moderator and Technical Support
    Join Date
    27th December 2003
    Location
    Half the lies I tell aren't true
    Posts
    32,549

    Default

    Nobody knows what FM 13 will be like so cant really give an answer to that- but as was said above, there is a long time before even the Demo comes out so you can start a FM 12 save.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th October 2009
    Posts
    126

    Default

    ok thanks for the feed back

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th January 2009
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Does anyone still play the older versions on anything like a regular basis. I have been playing since FM2007 &, apart from finishing an existing save, have always stopped, & pretty much abandoned, the old version as soon as the new one comes out.

  7. #7
    Third Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2008
    Location
    From Lagos to London to Chicago
    Posts
    6,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azzvilla View Post
    i just started a new save and really need to get going in fm12 as not reached far in this game yet
    will anybody stay with fm12 or buy fm13 when it is released later this year? i want to carry on in my f12 save but donot want to get left behind with fm13 coming out
    Don't worry about everyone else mate. Do you what you think will make you happy.

    Heck, I'm still playing FM10

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    27th March 2003
    Location
    ]Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aderow View Post
    Don't worry about everyone else mate. Do you what you think will make you happy.

    Heck, I'm still playing FM10
    Still playing Fm 11 here; I have Fm12, but haven't started a real save- enjoying my 11 save too much at the moment.

  9. #9
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th April 2007
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Start a FM12 save, still ages to go till FM13.
    They normally don't add anything too massive each addition anyways. I enjoy long term saves, so if all goes well I might skip FM13 so I can put more time into a save. Also, FM13 sounds...unlucky.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st March 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    As long as you don't plan on playing 3 seasons or more, get FM12 (as the homegrown player system is broken and doesn't seem to be fixed anytime soon).

  11. #11

    Default

    I will probably only buy fm13 if they finally solve 2 things:
    The AI uses youth more and scouts better so that the whole competition isn't made out of foreign players after 3 seasons.
    And the coaches and clubs have to be more different from each other; I mean that every coach is really unique in using players, tactics and transfers because now it is so predictable and the same also when the club is run by an AI coach they should use the culture of that club. For example Barca using/buying youth players and real madrid buying big names, Heerenveen mainly scouting in scandinivia, Ajax using their own dutch youth and Feyenoord mainly looking for good players in the dutch competitions.

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th December 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    according to a couple uk game sistes if your search hard enough we have 26th october 2012 for fm13 so far

  13. #13
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    25th April 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,414

    Default

    even when FM 2013 comes out, you can still keep your FM 2012 saved game and continue playing it when you don't play FM 2013 anyway. Many people are still also playing their FM 2011 and even their FM 2010 saved games despite playing FM 2012.

  14. #14
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd April 2006
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hhhonlyfan1984 View Post
    according to a couple uk game sistes if your search hard enough we have 26th october 2012 for fm13 so far
    That's because it's roughly the time the game is released every year. In reality, they have as much idea as we do as to when FM13 will be released

  15. #15
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th April 2007
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    even when FM 2013 comes out, you can still keep your FM 2012 saved game and continue playing it when you don't play FM 2013 anyway. Many people are still also playing their FM 2011 and even their FM 2010 saved games despite playing FM 2012.
    Also the fact that a new release FM usually has game breaking bugs. I always wait till after Christmas or even the winter window update to start playing.

  16. #16
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hhhonlyfan1984 View Post
    according to a couple uk game sistes if your search hard enough we have 26th october 2012 for fm13 so far
    Pure speculation.

  17. #17
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th July 2011
    Location
    Stretford End
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finnishguy View Post
    As long as you don't plan on playing 3 seasons or more, get FM12 (as the homegrown player system is broken and doesn't seem to be fixed anytime soon).
    Where is this home grown player bug thread? Wouldn't mind taking a look.

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th September 2010
    Location
    China
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Now im only buying the new game after the last patch for each, I will probably skip one now and again.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts