+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stick with fm12 or buy fm13 i dont want tobe left behind

Amateur

Default stick with fm12 or buy fm13 i dont want tobe left behind

i just started a new save and really need to get going in fm12 as not reached far in this game yet
    will anybody stay with fm12 or buy fm13 when it is released later this year? i want to carry on in my f12 save but donot want to get left behind with fm13 coming out

Part-Timer

We are on April and FM13 won't be released until October or November, still at least 6 months off so i would start a save now..

Amateur

thanks for the feedback

Moderator and Technical Support

Nobody knows what FM 13 will be like so cant really give an answer to that- but as was said above, there is a long time before even the Demo comes out so you can start a FM 12 save.

Amateur

ok thanks for the feed back

Amateur

Does anyone still play the older versions on anything like a regular basis. I have been playing since FM2007 &, apart from finishing an existing save, have always stopped, & pretty much abandoned, the old version as soon as the new one comes out.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by azzvilla View Post
    i just started a new save and really need to get going in fm12 as not reached far in this game yet
    will anybody stay with fm12 or buy fm13 when it is released later this year? i want to carry on in my f12 save but donot want to get left behind with fm13 coming out
    Don't worry about everyone else mate. Do you what you think will make you happy.

Heck, I'm still playing FM10

Quote Originally Posted by aderow View Post
    Don't worry about everyone else mate. Do you what you think will make you happy.

Heck, I'm still playing FM10
    Still playing Fm 11 here; I have Fm12, but haven't started a real save- enjoying my 11 save too much at the moment.

Semi Pro

Start a FM12 save, still ages to go till FM13.
    They normally don't add anything too massive each addition anyways. I enjoy long term saves, so if all goes well I might skip FM13 so I can put more time into a save. Also, FM13 sounds...unlucky.

Amateur

As long as you don't plan on playing 3 seasons or more, get FM12 (as the homegrown player system is broken and doesn't seem to be fixed anytime soon).

I will probably only buy fm13 if they finally solve 2 things:
    The AI uses youth more and scouts better so that the whole competition isn't made out of foreign players after 3 seasons.
    And the coaches and clubs have to be more different from each other; I mean that every coach is really unique in using players, tactics and transfers because now it is so predictable and the same also when the club is run by an AI coach they should use the culture of that club. For example Barca using/buying youth players and real madrid buying big names, Heerenveen mainly scouting in scandinivia, Ajax using their own dutch youth and Feyenoord mainly looking for good players in the dutch competitions.

Amateur

according to a couple uk game sistes if your search hard enough we have 26th october 2012 for fm13 so far

Semi Pro

even when FM 2013 comes out, you can still keep your FM 2012 saved game and continue playing it when you don't play FM 2013 anyway. Many people are still also playing their FM 2011 and even their FM 2010 saved games despite playing FM 2012.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by hhhonlyfan1984 View Post
    according to a couple uk game sistes if your search hard enough we have 26th october 2012 for fm13 so far
    That's because it's roughly the time the game is released every year. In reality, they have as much idea as we do as to when FM13 will be released

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wiitastic View Post
    even when FM 2013 comes out, you can still keep your FM 2012 saved game and continue playing it when you don't play FM 2013 anyway. Many people are still also playing their FM 2011 and even their FM 2010 saved games despite playing FM 2012.
    Also the fact that a new release FM usually has game breaking bugs. I always wait till after Christmas or even the winter window update to start playing.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by hhhonlyfan1984 View Post
    Pure speculation.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by finnishguy View Post
    As long as you don't plan on playing 3 seasons or more, get FM12 (as the homegrown player system is broken and doesn't seem to be fixed anytime soon).
    Where is this home grown player bug thread? Wouldn't mind taking a look.

Amateur

Now im only buying the new game after the last patch for each, I will probably skip one now and again.

+ Reply to Thread