+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant install

Amateur

Default Cant install

I've got a HTC Desire and just downloaded FMH 2012 and installed from Google Play store. When I opened the game for the first time I've got this message "The device does not have enough free space avaible at present for Football Manager Handheld to fully install (0MB free)". But I've got 254MB free space on the sd-card and 35MB free internal memory. Please help me.
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 17-04-2012 at 15:50.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Hi,

I believe this is because your SD card might have a large 'cluster' (or whatever they call it on disks these days) size meaning each file takes up more space than it might on some other cards, this would leave you relatively close to the installation limit HOWEVER I believe if you run a manual installation for the data you'l have room and things should work fine.

You will need:

Some sort of File Explorer application
    A computer that can communicate with your device over Wi-Fi

The files you need to download should be available from:
    http://downloads.sega.com/footballma...00001/wvga.zip
    and
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/1/3272480/data.zip
    (don't worry about the 'informal' nature of that second URL - that file is actually held internally within the apk you downloaded, I just uploaded it there so that you could follow the manual installation - thats why its not on fancy server )

Once you have these two files on a computer (I'd recommend downloading it on one first and then using wireless to transfer them onto your device) follow these instructions please.

(1) Use your file explorer application to create a directory named fmh_data on the root of your SD card.
    (2) Unzip the files into that directory recreating their own internal directory structure.
    (3) This should leave you with a directory named 'data' inside the fmh_data directory this will contain a LOT of junk about the game. The directories inside 'data' that you should see include: config, database, fonts, formations, icons etc. (if you don't see these then something hasn't been unzipped).
    (4) The final step is for you to create two files in the root of the fmh_data directory to tell the game that its already installed - these can be blank files (ie. nothing required inside them and they can simply be blank text files if thats easiest). The names for these two files are .nomedia (the . is important, its a special file, I use it as a marker but it also tells the OS not to scan this directory for images/music) and wvga_installed.txt.

Once this is completed the game should (hopefully) be able to locate the install and by-pass its internal installation procedure, fingers crossed.

Please let me know how things go - but this procedure has worked successfully for the other two people who have reported this sort of issue.

(Sorry for any inconvenience)
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 29-04-2012 at 22:56.

Amateur

Hi, thanks for your answer. But I can't download the first of your files. It says "Access denied". Do I need any login to get it?

Amateur

Same problem here with my HTC Desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Johsko11 View Post
    Hi, thanks for your answer. But I can't download the first of your files. It says "Access denied". Do I need any login to get it?
    My bad - sorry I copied the link from elsewhere and it abbreviated it for some reason - I've updated my post now, but in case you read here first its:

http://downloads.sega.com/footballma...00001/wvga.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Welshsmurf View Post
    Same problem here with my HTC Desire.
    You should be able to fix things by following the instructions hopefully - fingers crossed, please let me know.

Amateur

That has got the game working for me! Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by Welshsmurf View Post
    That has got the game working for me! Thanks a million!
    Thats great - hope you enjoy it

PS - Please rate the game in the GooglePlay store if you wouldn't mind.

Amateur

Hi. It works for me to. Thanks for your help.
    Really nice game. I like playing this version, because its not so much parameters you have to think about. Pick a team, buy&sell players and then just play the game. And it reminds me of playing the early versions of CM. I have played your games since you released the first version of Championship Manager in 1993. Its absolutely the best game series ever.

Amateur

How do you create this "wvga_installed.txt/sd_installed.txt/retina_installed.txt" file, since windows doesn't let you put "/" in a name of a file?

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naama View Post
    How do you create this "wvga_installed.txt/sd_installed.txt/retina_installed.txt" file, since windows doesn't let you put "/" in a name of a file?
    Hi - you need to create either 'wvga_installed.txt', 'sd_installed.txt' or 'retina_installed.txt' depending on the resolution of your device.

Amateur

Default Please help

The second link is not working anymore, could you upload it again, pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland88 View Post
    The second link is not working anymore, could you upload it again, pls?
    Hi - please don't attempt to do this without verifying these are the right files for your device - please let me know what you are using...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari Naylor View Post
    Hi - please don't attempt to do this without verifying these are the right files for your device - please let me know what you are using...
    SE Xperia mini

Quote Originally Posted by Roland88 View Post
    SE Xperia mini
    Ok - can I confirm exactly which error message you're getting?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari Naylor View Post
    Ok - can I confirm exactly which error message you're getting?
    The same: "The device does not have enough free space avaible at present for Football Manager Handheld to fully install (0MB free)"

Ok, which version of the game do you have? There should be an option to force the game to ignore the reported space and attempt install...

Amateur

The same problem with me,

I use a Samsung GT-I5510T with android 2.2 and I have enough space to install it, what should I do?

I couldn't download the second link? Is it the same for me?

Can someone help me?

Amateur

Well I managed to install it, but another problem occurs to me, one that I can't figure out what to do: "This device does not have a high enough resolution to support playing game, 480x320 resolution required."

I'm using the version 3.5.1 of the game.

I'm afraid as it is indicating the game requires a 480x320 resolution - your device has (I believe) a 240 x 400 and unfortunately isn't compatible with FMH, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisinger View Post
    Well I managed to install it, but another problem occurs to me, one that I can't figure out what to do: "This device does not have a high enough resolution to support playing game, 480x320 resolution required."

I'm using the version 3.5.1 of the game.
    Can you please let me know where you purchased the game as this device should be blocked from buying - it would be good to track down if any are slipping through the net.

Amateur

Gbr

Same problem, don't understand the steps to fix it, I'm on HTC Wildfie s.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyJonny View Post
    Same problem, don't understand the steps to fix it, I'm on HTC Wildfie s.
    Hi,

Can you let me know exactly what error you are getting and the version of the game you've got (can be seen in the Settings->Apps menu on your phone)?

Cheers.

Amateur

It tells me the download was unsuccessful and to try again. Can't tell you which version as it is just 'purchased' therefore doesn't appear in my application section.

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyJonny View Post
    It tells me the download was unsuccessful and to try again. Can't tell you which version as it is just 'purchased' therefore doesn't appear in my application section.
    Is this the download from the Play store that's failing? If so this is an issue with the Play store app, there are some troubleshooting steps here that may help: http://support.google.com/googleplay...answer=1067233

+ Reply to Thread