England

Spain

Scotland

Turkey

Romania

Oceania

New Zealand

The Aim

As we most of my games the aim is to achieve world dominance by winning every continents Champions League or equivalent trophy, there is no set pattern to how this is done I just plan to mess around moving from country to country. I actually made a mistake when loading the game and wasn't playing attention so I ended up with Turkey and Romania loaded being as I have never managed in any I decided to keep them open.

AucklandCityFC.png

So I will start my career by becoming the manager of a team I have always enjoyed managing on the last few FM's Auckland City in the New Zealand league. I have started with a semi-pro reputation and will not leave until I win the O-League. New Zealand is a very short league with only 14 matches plus a play-off at the end, no domestic cup and of course the O-League which for some reason adds random lower league New Zealand based sides for the first season. Because of how short it is I will be updating half way through and at the end of the season.

I am hoping this save will be the one for me to keep going with a career thread because the last two I tried ended up crashing. I have added all the leagues I plan on managing in so I do not have to use the add/remove league feature to add in any more and risk bloating the database to unplayable levels. So here goes

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

transfm.jpg

The main point of transfers is to bring in some versatile players who are better quality than the rubbish players we currently have. So Totori was signed because he is super fast with 18 for acceleration he might be a poor finisher but his pace is lethal and taking him away from another team in New Zealand is a bonus. Allan Pearce also taken from one of our rivals can play right wing or as a striker I have signed him on previous games and despite poor attributes he usually plays pretty well. Howard Fondyke can play DM or CM and has very good attributes for this level. Hone Fowler is a New Zealander who can play LB or CB. Regino is a Spanish player who is a natural RM but can play LB, CB, RB, DM, CM, RM and AMR obviously this is the sort of player very handy for the lower leagues.

After the fixtures below I thought we could do with a more consistent goal scorer so I signed 34 year old Brazilian striker Milson who is a good finisher and should add something to the team. San Darino is an Argentine who can play RB, DM and CM as well as a small ability to play are RM, AMR, LM, AML and AMC.

ac7games.jpg

ac7fixtures.jpg

Started off the season pretty poorly and the two losses have cost us as Team Wellington have gone on a great run. Obviously I would like the win the league stage as the guarantees a place in the O-League on long with the winner of the play-off. We managed to come back and win most of our following matches the question is will Wellington slip up and can we beat them at their ground like they did to us at ours.

wondering how long till you were back in New Zealand :)

Wanted to be back in New Zealand for a while but been busy with other games,knew it would happen eventually.

Good luck AcidBurn. Hopefully this one works out.

I really hope so to, starting to annoy me big time.

AucklandCityFC.png

acleagueend.jpg

lastressies.jpg

We managed to climb back up the league not losing again at least not in the league, we beat Team Wellington in the return match. However the play-off's were a disaster we squeezed past Canterbury Dragons after a penalty shoot out and then went on to lose against Team Wellington in the final and miss out on becoming domestic champions, the only silver lining is the fact that we still go into the O-League.

For some reason despite me starting the next season already the game is not showing a best 11 for that first season. As you can see from the goal scorers and score lines the strikers scored but we struggled defensively all season.

Also got linked to a job at Kidderminster but I am not leaving until I win the O-League title.

Well at least you can still compete for the O-League title next season. Good luck. :thup:

Cheers, should really have won the league though Auckland have more funding and better starting players than any of the other teams, always next season though.

AucklandCityFC.png

leaguehs.jpg

resultsc.jpg

Dominated the league as a team like ours should do, only lost twice and strangely to the same team Waikato. I thought we might have bottled it again as we squeezed through the play-off's with a penalty shoot out win in the semi-final but kept our heads with a comfortable win the in the final to take our first domestic championship. Defensively awful but I prefer to take a risk and attack I would rather win 3-2 than 1-0.

oleague.jpg

We breezed through our league group only dropping points in a 2-2 draw with the champions of Vanuatu Tafea. The final was very pleasurable as we beat Team Wellington 3-2 at their place and then somehow went a bit mad at our smashing them 6-0 to clinch the O-League trophy and complete phase one of my career plan to win all continental trophies.

best11r.jpg

Not sure why it shows us playing a 4-4-2 as I switched to a flat 4-3-3 after a couple of games. Obvious to see we are strong in attack with Totori and Milson coming close to scoring a goal a game. The third striker position was rotated between Urlovic and Nikolic with them at times covering if Totori or Milson were injured. Totori was fantastic his blistering pace as the right sided striker meant he constantly set up people with great crosses as well as scoring a lot himself. The defensive players ratings mask how bad we are at the back but like I said earlier I don't mind that as long as we score plenty.

The Future

I have won the O-League but will stay at Auckland for one more season so I can compete in the Club World Championship mainly to see if I end up playing a really big side. I am not sure on the prize money in this competition because it is possible to make a few million over the years even at a club as small as ours. I have been linked to several lower league jobs in England so might aim to end up over there to build up a bit of a reputation.

AucklandCityFC.png

aucklandleague.jpg

aucklandresults.jpg

Disappointing to finish 2nd in the league after three defeats in a row towards the end of the season. We outplayed the opposition but just couldn't score then morale went all to pot and we lost to Team Wellington but a quick team meeting and we were back to our best with a 4-0 win over YoungHeart followed by a pleasing win over Team Wellington in the semi-finals, we were then crowned champions with a 1-0 win over YoungHeart.

aucklandbest11.jpg

The best 11 not as impressive as last season for some reason Andrew Milne really stood out he has awful attributes and only got a shot at first team football due to multiple injuries. Once again the best 11 is wrong as we played a flat 4-3-3 for most of the season. Totori was not as potent in front of goal as last season but without his and Milne goals we would have barely scored at all. Shows a real lack of goals from elsewhere in the squad.

O-League and Club World Championships

aucklandoleague.jpg

For some reason I cannot filter out the other competitions to post the results from the O-League group stages. We breezed through them although playing youngsters in the last league game made us lose 2-1 against the champions of Tahiti. We once again won the final against Fijian champions Ba with two easy wins.

aucklandcwc.jpg

This is the reason I stayed although we got hammers both times it was good fun. Al-Ahly were the first team to beat us, they scored after 2 minutes but we pulled one back after 10 minutes and I began to dream of a shock draw or even a win. That lasted 2 minutes as they scored in the 12th and then got two more. Next up in the fifth/sixth place play-off was LA Galaxy I was disappointed we never scored but happy we kept it to only two goals as they could have had a lot more.

I really enjoy this competition as usually I enter it was European Champions and favourites so playing in it as the smallest team is great. Auckland City also had a bank balance of £50,000 before this tournament but thanks to prize money and gate receipts the bank balance now reads £1.8 million. I got the board to improve the training facilities straight away still leaving £1.2 million in the bank enough to run a club like this for years and years.

Also worth mentioning that I have resigned and am now unemployed. I am aiming to go the lower leagues of England and work up a bit of a reputation.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Looks like I will be back in England managing the team I go to watch every home game of in real life. I couldn't turn it down, also got offered a chance to manage in Egypt but the team were one of the lowest in the Egyptian Premier League and way behind the main team in terms of player quality. During my unemployment I was heavily linked to several other league two clubs but anyone that knows me knows I had to take the chance to manage my real life second team.

Next continental title a while off then.

Depends if I stay at Crewe, then again even if I use my time in England to build my reputation and go to an African side it will still be a while away yet.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

crewetransfersin.jpg

Walter Flenley

Not a great player but decent enough for this level will play mostly as a back up to Nouha Dicko the quickest and best striker at Crewe according to the ass man.

Suso Santana

The best signing so far, will probably fit into the team on the right wing but if I go with an AMC he will play there. He is lacking in certain areas but is miles ahead of most of the players in League Two. Really looking forward to seeing him in action.

Ian Craney

Bit of experience in the middle of the pitch and is a decent CM to have but at 32 is only a short term measure.

Edward Lambert

Only on loan and still young but is a better play than most of the CB's currently at the club, I expect him to start a lot of game this season.

Bradley Wright-Phillips

Another loan signing, I tried to get him on a proper transfer but couldn't offer enough in wages despite a £0 asking price. I got him on loan and only had to pay 50 percent of his wage so didn't mind the £12k loan fee. Looks very good for this level.

The Ones That Got Away

I tried to bring in two players both of which were willing to discuss contracts the first being Andy Reid, he would have been class for League Two but in the end choose to go to Plymouth in League One instead. The other was Adam La Fondre unwanted at Blackburn but he ended up at League One Millwall instead and on £3,700 a week a wage we could not match. I also tried to get Ji-Won Dong from Sunderland when his contract expired but he wouldn't talk about a contract and ended up back in South Korea.

crewestaff.jpg

Next up was trying to improve the staff at the club. I sacked every apart from Andy Franks who is surprisingly a 4 star fitness coach. I tried ambitiously to bring in Alessandro Del Piero and Pablo Aimar as assistants both willing to discuss a contract but both wanting way too much in wages. In the end I got Kevin Phillips one of my favourite players of all time. I got in two coaches for the GK's both 4 star in Jimmy Walker and Darryl Flahavan. I got Dave Artell in who used to play for Crewe and in real life is still there for some reason he always turns into a decent coach on my save, he is a 4 star defending coach. James Collins also came in but he is not the Aston Villa defender he is an ex-Crewe player and youth coach released at the start of the game but I got him in as a 4 star attacking coach. Gareth Ainsworth was the last man in and is a 4 star tactics coach but is currently doing tactics and ball control.

A decent bunch of coaches but we could do with another fitness coach and a ball control coach but they are hard to find and the board will not allow any more coaches for now.

Pre-Season Friendlies

crewefriendlies.jpg

I like to have between 5 and 7 pre-season friendlies but opted for only 5 this time. Some decent results won what we were expected to win and lost to Bristol City but recovered to pick up a surprise win over Coventry. Despite me not being sure about Nouha Dicko because of low finishing attributes he has smashed in the goals in pre-season and I expect he will be key for anything we achieve this season.

Board League Expectations - To achieve a respectable position in League Two.

My League Expectations - To get into the play-off's.

Board Cup Expectations - 2nd Round of FA Cup and JPT and to simply enjoy the experience of the League Cup.

My Cup Expectations - Really all depends on the draw, I will be looking and hoping to progress depending on who we play if we go out to teams in our league I will be disappointed.

Keys to Success

If Wright-Phillips and Dicko can form a decent partnership then we should score a few goals with Santana providing the creativity. Long term things could be good, there are several youg player under 18 who have 5 star potential and it will be interesting to see how they develop. Crewe have always given youth a chance in real life and I hope to give them a go in the first team at some point as well mainly because there are so many games and a big-ish squad is needed to cope with the 46 league matches.

Glad you lost to Bristol City. :p

Getting le Fondre would have made you beastly up front in League 2...

Haha, I wasn't pleased about it!

Le Fondre wanted 6k a week which was 3.5k too high real pity as he would have scored for fun at this level.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

August Update

creweaugustl2.jpg

creweaugfix.jpg

Not a bad start at all, however we fell out of the League Cup at the first hurdle against Championship side Blackpool but were slightly unlucky. The best thing was before this match and my first competitive match as Crewe manager saw us run out 8-2 winners breaking Crewe's highest win record in the first match, even better for me personally was that Luke Murphy scored the first competitive goal because I really like the lad in real life. We were 2-0 up then it was 2-2 then they had a man sent off and everything we did after that created a chance for us to score.

The Accrington game was annoying we dominated and then their striker turned into an FM cliche, 7 for long shots and not scored so far this season crashes in a spectacular 30 yard screamer to beat us. We bounced back with two 4-1 wins to stay in first position after 5 matches. Bradley Wright-Phillips and Dicko are on fire up top and Santana has been outstanding scoring and creating very well from the right of midfield.

Hadn't noticed this thread until now. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress.

By the way, I went through Crewe on the train at the weekend. Caught a glimpse of the big stand at Gresty Road. It was very exciting, as you can imagine.

Hadn't noticed this thread until now. I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress.

By the way, I went through Crewe on the train at the weekend. Caught a glimpse of the big stand at Gresty Road. It was very exciting, as you can imagine.

lol, I can imagine your excitement.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

September Update

crewesept.jpg

creweseptemberres.jpg

Another good month puts us still top of the league. We started by beating League One Preston in the JPT, this saw Lee Campbell the 16 year old striker grab his first ever goal for the club after coming on as a substitute late on. Unfortunately we lost our next match but quickly recovered to thrash Bradford 7-1 and then beat Torquay 3-2, Bury were pretty easy to beat and a draw away at Crawley was a good results for us because at the time they were top and we were second we also equalised pretty late in that match. The win over Barnet took us to top place.

crewetinkerer.jpg

Strange how the game reads things, I don't mind the praise for being a tinkerer but I usually play 4-4-2 and all I did was move the left winger to AML because of injuries and all of a sudden it became a 4-3-1-2, weird.

Lee Campbell is a product of the Crewe youth academy and has broke into the first team as a rotational/back up player at just 16 years of age. Worth noting he is a massive 6 foot 8 inches tall and whilst his attributes are not the best he is currently rated at 2 stars with a 5 star potential and could become a leading Championship player. I will mostly be working on his physical attributes and hoping he can become a good targetman at this level and beyond, it will be interesting to see if he can hack it in the Championship if I can ever get there.

Worth mentioning that on his first full start against Bradford he scored twice and assisted 5 goals, to be fair one assist was because he missed a one on one and another was because he was fouled for a penalty but still impressive in my view.

Archived