+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Android Crash on exit

Amateur

Default Android Crash on exit

Is it just my imagination or was there a subforum for android bugs before?

Anyway, I just lost my save game.

Whole phone froze up when I tried to exit the game, had to restart, then save game file had disappeared.

This was the second time the game froze while exiting, but first time didn't wipe the game.

Not sure if it's my phone's fault or the app's fault. It's samsung galaxy S2.

Amateur

Amateur

I've had this problem too on the same phone

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi, thanks for reporting this and sorry you've experienced it - I'm moving it to the bugs forum.

The problem sounds very similar to another issue somebody else has had, also on a Galaxy S2: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...-after-reboot)

It's not something we've ever seen internally, and we're currently looking into the issue to try and see what might be going wrong. If you could give me any of the following information, it'd be very helpful:

- Which Android OS version are you using?
    - Is it rooted or similar?
    - Did the game prompt you to re-download any data the first time you restarted after crashing?
    - Had you created any manual saves or only autosaves?
    - Have you been running the phone connected to a PC at all? If so, what was the USB connection setting?

As Alari said, I've had a similar issue.

I should add, that my phone is rooted, will be interested to know if BigShane/grimbo88 do too

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat goldthwaite View Post
    As Alari said, I've had a similar issue.

I should add, that my phone is rooted, will be interested to know if BigShane/grimbo88 do too
    Interesting, can I ask if you have a particular custom ROM installed?

Nope, no custom ROM. Just rooted simply so I can run titanium backup. No other weird hacks/tweaks have been made

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat goldthwaite View Post
    Nope, no custom ROM. Just rooted simply so I can run titanium backup. No other weird hacks/tweaks have been made
    What OS revision are you using out of interest? (its interesting you've got this issue as my actual personal phone is a S2, so its had a LOT of play-time during development on that device).

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    What OS revision are you using out of interest? (its interesting you've got this issue as my actual personal phone is a S2, so its had a LOT of play-time during development on that device).
    Says in the other thread he has 2.3.4 Marc ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    Says in the other thread he has 2.3.4 Marc ;)
    Oh ok - apologies, didn't see that.

I'm on 2.3.6 here, was 2.3.5 until recently and never had any issues on either - is an upgrade available for your device in case that might help?

Amateur

Hi Marc /Alari,

I've experienced the exact same issue a couple of times on my Galaxy S2 with crashing on exit and manual saves disappearing... the only saving grace is that I can use the auto saves, albeit having to start playing from an earlier point.

For info I am using a non rooted version 2.3.4... my phone tells me that no software updates are available hence I've not moved up to 2.3.5 or 2.3.6.

Cheers.

Hi - we're continuing to look into this and the following information would be particularly useful from anyone who's experienced it:

- Did the game prompt you to re-download any data the first time you restarted after crashing?
    - Did you exit the game using [Exit Game] -> [Close Game] or via some other route?
    - Did the original crash occur when using [Exit Game] or [Close Game]?
    - For those of you with rooted devices, if you search for an fmh_data folder, is there only one or has a duplicate been created somewhere?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    Hi - we're continuing to look into this and the following information would be particularly useful from anyone who's experienced it:

- Did you exit the game using [Exit Game] -> [Close Game] or via some other route?
    - Did the original crash occur when using [Exit Game] or [Close Game]?
    - For those of you with rooted devices, if you search for an fmh_data folder, is there only one or has a duplicate been created somewhere?
    Hi Alari,

Answers to your post:

- No
    - Standard exit route, i.e. Exit Game followed by Close Game
    - The crash seems to occur when hitting Close Game and then chosing Yes from the confrimation message - game just crashes at this point and phone reboots.
    - Not rooted.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Thats unusual - my phone was running 2.3.4 until recently (also an S2) and has never done that, incidentally if you're in the US 2.3.6 is available now (I think ICS might even be out in Europe).

Do you have anything particularly funky software wise which you constantly run? - Skype, Radio streaming, music player or similar ...

Just wondering if theres anything which might be interfering with FMH at all.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Thats unusual - my phone was running 2.3.4 until recently (also an S2) and has never done that, incidentally if you're in the US 2.3.6 is available now (I think ICS might even be out in Europe).

Do you have anything particularly funky software wise which you constantly run? - Skype, Radio streaming, music player or similar ...

Just wondering if theres anything which might be interfering with FMH at all.
    Hi Marc... based in UK... I'll keep checking as yeah I'm sure ICS should be rolling out at some point.

In terms of background apps / programs, I'm one of those fussy users that likes to stop anything unnecessary from running in the background! Probably derived from my days when I had phones that weren't quite as capable as the S2!!

Have you noticed that your S2 gets quite warm after a period of play? I did wonder if the crash was due to heat of the S2 perhaps rather than code? Dunno really... it's only happened a couple of times and I just take a bit of extra care to create multiple saves to prevent the risk of losing my save if it happens again.

Tim

Have you noticed that your S2 gets quite warm after a period of play? I did wonder if the crash was due to heat of the S2 perhaps rather than code? Dunno really... it's only happened a couple of times and I just take a bit of extra care to create multiple saves to prevent the risk of losing my save if it happens again.
    I've not noticed but I've a rubbery skin on mine, perhaps that hides it?

I've just done some further optimisations to the app for the first update which might help with this side of things (basically increasing idling processor time during UI monitoring) - however I must admit neither myself nor SI QA have noticed it.

Amateur

Thanks... appreciate your hard work and am delighted to be playing this game on my Android phone and pad, so I'll just assume it's my phone as not had this issue with my pad (ASUS TF101).
    Last edited by tim_gashead; 17-04-2012 at 23:14.

+ Reply to Thread